PDA

View Full Version : Premier League Thread: Week 3

TheRef
08-27-2014, 11:15 AM
Well after a 0-2 loss to Chelsea on foreign turf, the Foxes come back to King Power Stadium to face off against the Arsenal Gunners. Currently sitting T-13 in the table, the Foxes will try to rebound against an Arsenal team that is coming off a dramatic draw against Everton last week. The series between the two clubs is VERY one-sided with Arsenal currently holding a 7-0-3 record agains the Leicester City foxes and a 3-0-2 record at King Power Stadium. The game will be broadcast LIVE on NBCSN Sunday at 10:00 AM and will round out the game week.

In Capital One Cup news, Leicester City fell to League One club Shrewsbury 1-0 in the second round of the Capitol One cup.

Hopefully Nugent (NUUUUUGGGGEEEEEE) can get his head on straight and get his first goal of the season. I'm still having horror flashbacks to the easy goal he should have had against Chelsea. Ulloa seems to be playing fairly strong and I'd look for him to be a factor in Sunday's matchup.

DawgHouseUnited
08-27-2014, 12:40 PM
Hopefully Nugent (NUUUUUGGGGEEEEEE) can get his head on straight and get his first goal of the season. I'm still having horror flashbacks to the easy goal he should have had against Chelsea. Ulloa seems to be playing fairly strong and I'd look for him to be a factor in Sunday's matchup.

The Capital One Cup scores were interesting.

And I can't help it, here ya go...
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Mc_6J2Ld_SU/T6XMyrH7-AI/AAAAAAAABZs/OAz2r0vqpHs/s1600/Ted+Nugent+the+Nuge.jpg

Dawg61
08-27-2014, 01:01 PM
Top of the Table Spurs find out if we are for real Sunday @Liverpool

Liverpooldawg
08-27-2014, 03:17 PM
Top of the Table Spurs find out if we are for real Sunday @Liverpool

The game is at White Hart Lane, not Anfield.

LiterallyPolice
08-27-2014, 03:37 PM
My boys from Everton are off to a lack-luster start with 2 draws in two matches:
1. The first draw was to some team called "Leicester City", which really has no business in the EPL ***
2. Last week's draw was against Arsenal, with my boys surrendering two late goals to draw at 2. How do you say "choke" in British?

This week we host Chelsea, which is a terrible name for a sport's team. I mean, c'mon. It's a girl's name.

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-27-2014, 04:46 PM
Newcastle has yet to score a goal this season, but has managed to get 1 point after a 0-0 tie to Aston Villa last weekend. Hopefully we can pick up our first W this week against Crystal Palace.

Intramural All-American
08-27-2014, 06:37 PM
Everton signed Samuel Eto'o this week for the next two years. Him and Lukaku could be dynamic up top, but Eto'o is past his prime.

FatDrunkandStupidDawg
08-27-2014, 07:12 PM
My boys from Everton are off to a lack-luster start with 2 draws in two matches:
1. The first draw was to some team called "Leicester City", which really has no business in the EPL ***
2. Last week's draw was against Arsenal, with my boys surrendering two late goals to draw at 2. How do you say "choke" in British?

This week we host Chelsea, which is a terrible name for a sport's team. I mean, c'mon. It's a girl's name.

Just relax and don't tense up, it will be over soon... you can think of this weekends match like getting your ass whipped by a boy named Sue!

My name is Sue, How do you do!

DudyDawg
08-27-2014, 07:28 PM
Well, Burnley take on united this weekend at home. They have been just awful, but have signed Angel Di Maria from my beloved Real Madrid and are also trying to buy Arturo Vidal from Juventus (if they do, he won't play this game). Angel will certainly help, but I'm not sure how much. We may just have gotten them at the right time to beat them. Let's get us the three points. Where ya at Pioneer

LiterallyPolice
08-27-2014, 08:43 PM
Just relax and don't tense up, it will be over soon... you can think of this weekends match like getting your ass whipped by a boy named Sue!

My name is Sue, How do you do!

Not gonna lie... That was a pretty witty comeback. More like FatDrunkAndCleverDawg! AMIRITE?!?!

War Machine Dawg
08-28-2014, 12:13 AM
Hull signed Abel Hernandez from Palermo to a 4-year, $9.6M Pound Stirling deal today. This fills our need at striker, although Hernandez has had some injury issues. Hull plays Lokeren at KC Stadium in Hull for the home leg of the Europa League on Thursday. We go back on the road to face Aston Villa on Sunday for our PL match.

DudyDawg
08-28-2014, 07:53 AM
Didn't hull complete the signing of Michael Dawson as well

War Machine Dawg
08-28-2014, 10:56 AM
Didn't hull complete the signing of Michael Dawson as well

Indeed we did. We still might sign a midfielder to replace Snodgrass, but we should be pretty much set on Sunday. It just sucks that we won't have Chester due to his red card last week. Dude has been nails in the first to games.

DudyDawg
08-28-2014, 12:21 PM
Champions league draw was today. Highlights (for me) is group B with Real Madrid, Basel, Liverpool and Ludogorets. Group of death appears to be group E with Bayern, Manchester City, Roma and CSKA Moscow

CadaverDawg
08-30-2014, 10:51 AM
Swans win AGAIN! 3-0 over West Brom.

Swans are now 3-0 on the season and tied for first place in the Premier League Standings. Now, don't come poaching our players you big money teams....I know you're scared. #YearOfTheSwan

TheRef
08-30-2014, 10:53 AM

Swans are now 3-0 on the season and tied for first place in the Premier League Standings. Now, don't come poaching our players you big money teams....I know you're scared. #YearOfTheSwan

Wow...as good of a start as you could ask for as a Swan.

Dawg61
08-30-2014, 11:05 AM

Damn you've started strong!! I like your all white uni's. Spurs have a tough one tom. Unless I somehow missed it since we've started this thing Spurs have tied or won every match they've played including preseason. I am the reason for this.**

TheRef
08-30-2014, 11:10 AM
Stoke upsets defending champ Man City 1-0 and creates havoc. Also, this guy.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwTHuKPCUAAO4dB.jpg:large

Man U with a scoreless draw against Burnley.

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-30-2014, 11:14 AM
Newcastle was on their way to their first win against Crystal Place, but gave up a goal in the 95 minute to end the game in a 3-3 tie

CadaverDawg
08-30-2014, 11:16 AM
Stoke upsets defending champ Man City 1-0 and creates havoc. Also, this guy.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwTHuKPCUAAO4dB.jpg:large

Man U with a scoreless draw against Burnley.

Haha that's awesome

TheRef
08-30-2014, 12:24 PM
Someone broke out this gem. Penn State has won more games in the British Isles than Manchester United.

Dawg61
08-30-2014, 12:41 PM
Haha damn Man U is struggggling, will be hilarious if they get relegated. Funniest shit ever if that happens.

Dawg61
08-31-2014, 12:54 PM
Liverpool 3 Spurs 0....ugly

DudyDawg
08-31-2014, 12:56 PM
Liverpool looks like they may be for real again. Tottenham is just about average

Liverpooldawg
08-31-2014, 12:59 PM
Liverpool looks like they may be for real again. Tottenham is just about average

That was the first game that we looked up to the standard of last year. Mario B. adds a lot up front, even if he doesn't score. Some of the new boys are starting to bed in, and in a very short time too.

DudyDawg
08-31-2014, 01:10 PM
Balotelli will be the best thing that has ever happened to Raheem sterling. He will draw all the attention and sterling will be left against one defender with that blazing speed

TheRef
08-31-2014, 04:58 PM
Leicester City competed to a 1-1 draw against the Arsenal Gunners at King Power Stadium. Arsenal struck first at 20' but Leicester City responded at the 22' mark with a beautiful header by Ulloa. This scrappy Leicester City squad still has not notched its first win in the Premiership, but we have been playing against some of the best squads that the Premier League has to offer. Currently the Foxes stand at 15th place on the table with 2 points after three games against Everton (D), Liverpool (L), and Arsenal (D). Next week we face off against Stoke City at Stoke's Brittania Stadium. Stoke is currently sitting at 10th place with 4 points. Oh...and we signed two players over the week. Cambiasso is now with the team who is arguably the most decorated Italian player.

War Machine Dawg
08-31-2014, 06:57 PM
Unfortunately, Hull's hot start came to an end this week. Aston Villa defeated City 2-1 today. Not unexpected, but a little disappointing. We'll regroup for another PL battle next week.

DudyDawg
09-03-2014, 01:27 PM
The USA is playing Czech Republic right now on NBCSN. Some guys playing for us that you may see at WC 2018

DudyDawg
09-03-2014, 01:52 PM
Keep your eyes on 21 year old Joe Gyau. He plays for borussia dortmunds b team and has been our best player so far. Really impressed

mstatefan91
09-03-2014, 10:14 PM
Aston Villa bounced back from a mid-week defeat by Leyton Orient. They beat Hull City 2-1 due to great first half play.

Agbonlahor scored the first and Weimann scored the 2nd in the first half. Hull City scored in the second half, but it was too little too late.

The Villans refuse to be beaten in the Premier League!

MaxedOutMaroon
09-04-2014, 09:35 AM
I will now start joining this thread. Big Southampton Saints fan! Didn't join in earlier because I did not want to be given a team. So I'm here and ready for a Top 10 finish.

Dawg61
09-04-2014, 09:54 AM
I will now start joining this thread. Big Southampton Saints fan! Didn't join in earlier because I did not want to be given a team. So I'm here and ready for a Top 10 finish.

Glad to have you joining in! Good luck except vs Spurs. Can you copy paste your welcome to week 4 thread? Thanks