PDA

View Full Version : Robertson's article w Daks older brother

Pokerdawg44
08-27-2014, 12:14 AM
I know some don't like Steve but this article is worth reading. Dak is special. Not sure if you have to be a member to read or not.

http://mississippistate.scout.com/story/1438504-prescott-brothers-are-bulldog-family?s=136

"I have always known he was going to be a great player," explained Thad. "When he was young, I would have never thought he would have been a quarterback though.

"When he was playing pee wee, he was a linebacker and a fullback.

"He was hurting some of the other kids and they asked us if we were okay with them moving him to quarterback, because he scared the other kids.

"They moved him and he just took off from there."

"There has never been a stage that was too big for Dak," said Thad. "The bigger the moments were, the bigger he played.

"I remember his senior season against Parkway, he had knee injury and he couldn't run and do the things he normally did.

"He was playing against his biggest rival, but he found a way to win.

"He couldn't beat them running, so he sat back there and threw five touchdown passes.

"He has always had the confidence he needed to win.

"Dak just won't be beat. He won't let anyone outwork him and he won't let anyone beat him in anything."

"You know the main reason Dak went to Mississippi State was because they talked about family and he simply felt at home there," said Thad. "He went on a visit to*LSUand as soon as he got back, he told me that he knew Mississippi State was where he needed to be.

"He said that LSU recruits talent, but Mississippi State recruits character and that he just felt at home around all of those good ole boys who had a good time together and played football.

"It's funny. Mississippi State fans have asked to take pictures with me and my brother, Jace.

"They've even asked us to sign things for some reason.

"I just can't explain it, but they've just loved all of us and made us all feel like we're part of the Mississippi State family."

Theres more. Its worth reading

mstatefan91
08-27-2014, 12:23 AM
Nice find. Good article for sure

SDDawg
08-27-2014, 12:36 AM
Actually, this is why Steve is really good. I know he's full of sunshine and doesn't always lay things out straight, but a lot of guys could not write this kind of emotional story and do it justice. Great to hear from Dak's brother and great job by Steve on this one.

Todd4State
08-27-2014, 01:08 AM
I only don't like him when he does something to hurt our recruiting and then doesn't own up to it.

But good article by him this time.

RougeDawg
08-27-2014, 02:00 AM
I sat right behind Dak's family last year at the Auburn game. We had a great back and forth conversation and you could tell they had great values as a family unit. I felt honored to have met Mrs. Peggy and see her have such a positive outlook in such a dire time. Seeing that type of will and positive outlook from her is why I have been so upbeat and positive about Dak and where he will take us. After seeing where he came from, I had no doubts where he was headed.