PDA

View Full Version : Lets hang 70 on these guys...

preachermatt83
08-26-2014, 09:47 PM
read some of these idiotic posts..

http://eaglepost.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37799

Lloyd Christmas
08-26-2014, 10:12 PM

Yea, it's just impossible to take them seriously...I just can't find it in myself to give two shits about USM.

Dawgface
08-26-2014, 10:23 PM
Boy, you would think these are posts from people in another part of the country. Not Hattiesburg, MS.

messageboardsuperhero
08-26-2014, 10:29 PM
Yea, it's just impossible to take them seriously...I just can't find it in myself to give two shits about USM.

This.

I know you older guys who remember the tough times playing USM in the 70s and 80s are going to enjoy this beatdown- but to me, this honestly won't feel any different than kicking the shit out of Troy. It will be a small step above beating Alcorn or Jackson State.

preachermatt83
08-26-2014, 10:30 PM
Boy, you would think these are posts from people in another part of the country. Not Hattiesburg, MS.

lol, I thought the exact same thing.

MSUDawg4Life
08-26-2014, 10:34 PM
I'm thinking 70 - 0 sounds like a good score.

TheRef
08-26-2014, 10:35 PM
I'm thinking 70 - 0 sounds like a good score.

70-3.....we'll spot them a 50 yard FG.

War Machine Dawg
08-26-2014, 10:42 PM
I mean it: I will be slightly disappointed if Mullen steps off the gas and we don't break 50 against these clowns. It NEEDS to happen, for several reasons.

ShotgunDawg
08-26-2014, 10:56 PM
If we score 70 our 2nd team offense will probably need to score about 30. I believe our 2nd team is talented enough to do it, but it's the execution I'm worried about. 30 points for the backups is a lot.

TrapGame
08-26-2014, 11:00 PM
Wow! These fools are off their meds!

archdog
08-26-2014, 11:04 PM
1 hour outside of town? Where can you get to within an hour of Hattisburg that is that nice. GULFPORT? Definately not what I would call "nice". New Orleans is alright if you like a dirty shit hole that is a cliche and a mere shadow of the Sin City of old. Not really knocking NO, its a nice place to visit. Not my cup of tea, but to each their own.

My point is, I am pretty sure you can't get to Canal street from Hatisburg in an hour. Maybe Slidel. So are they pinning their geographical rep on 17ing Slidel?

Starkville is twice the town that Hattisburg is.

archdog
08-26-2014, 11:07 PM
Play with intensity, speed, and stomp the 17 out of these guys with class. I remember one night I was driving by the MS school for the blind and def. I happened to look over and see this kid running down a hallway and I remember thinking, I sure hope that kid is def. That is what it is like talking to Southern fans.

starkvegasdawg
08-26-2014, 11:11 PM
1 hour outside of town? Where can you get to within an hour of Hattisburg that is that nice. GULFPORT? Definately not what I would call "nice". New Orleans is alright if you like a dirty shit hole that is a cliche and a mere shadow of the Sin City of old. Not really knocking NO, its a nice place to visit. Not my cup of tea, but to each their own.

My point is, I am pretty sure you can't get to Canal street from Hatisburg in an hour. Maybe Slidel. So are they pinning their geographical rep on 17ing Slidel?

Picayune***

LiterallyPolice
08-26-2014, 11:15 PM
So are they pinning their geographical rep on 17ing Slidell?

You've obviously never visited the Scuttlebutt. Fine, fine establishment.

ScoobaDawg
08-26-2014, 11:16 PM
It's simple. Largest margin of victory vs USM = 41 points (48-7 in 1967)
Most points scored vs USM = 51 points (51-15 in 1970)
and more.. most points scored vs D1 opponent in a home opener is 49 points vs Memphis (2010) , most in a d1 season opener at Memphis 59 points (2011) and most overall points in a home opener is 67 vs Ark State in 1950.

70 would set the record for all of those and would just be a amazing start to the season but I expect more in the 50 range.

BulldogBear
08-26-2014, 11:18 PM
I mean it: I will be slightly disappointed if Mullen steps off the gas and we don't break 50 against these clowns. It NEEDS to happen, for several reasons.

Yes indeed. This really needs to be a beatdown for many reasons as you say. I grew up in the 80s and had to listen to their crap about how scared to play them we are for the last 23 seasons. Suffice to say they deserve it and have had it coming for quite a while. Leave no 17ing doubt. PLEASSSSSE Mullen, embarrass them.

Statefan
08-26-2014, 11:18 PM
Wow, you would think Hattiesburg was Providence, RI from they way they talk about it. First off, most State fans are not from Starkville, and we represent a pretty expansive mold of what people are like from all corners of the state (which is not that different unless you are a cosmopolitan from the metropolis of Hattiesburg apparently). USM is a commuter school with the large majority their students from 100 miles or less that probably cheer for LSU when they graduate

preachermatt83
08-26-2014, 11:47 PM

Exactly.

preachermatt83
08-26-2014, 11:48 PM

+1

The Federalist Engineer
08-27-2014, 12:17 AM
Honestly, can't say anything bad about USM. Never been there and personally do not know anybody that went there. I don't even know a USM fan. I spent my career in fortune 200 companies, never met an alumn. But I did see a bumper sticker once in Hinds county. For a while I thought they were a SWAC school. They have SWAC uniform and they play in empty stadiums.

I've run into MSU fans all over the world. They notice my maroon baseball hat and interlocking "MS".

The Federalist Engineer
08-27-2014, 12:30 AM
Yep, I think New Orleans could only count as "someplace nice" if you live some place messed up. The talk of driving a hour makes sense when you are basically a commuter school.

DownwardDawg
08-27-2014, 06:11 AM
Maybe they are from the Mandeville/Covington Louisiana area? That's a real nice area. Mandeville has some high dollar areas. I know Oak Grove isn't really Hattiesburg, but it is considered Hattiesburg by most outsiders, and it's a super nice area to live in.

BeardoMSU
08-27-2014, 07:29 AM
I could care less about their athletics, but this mentality is precisely why I hate USM. Having grown up on the coast, I was always around USM peeps (however few they may be), and I always found them more insufferable than OM, LSU, or Bama grads. They literally have a chip on their shoulder about everything USM related. Oh, you have a marching band at MSU? We have a "world class" music department! Oh, you took a history class at MSU? Well, we have a "world class" history department! You like science?!? Well let me tell you about our polymer science department!

I would always then bring up their accreditation problems that arose around 10 years ago. Also, no one living in Hattiesburg has the right to talk shit about another college town. There is probably a larger LSU contingent in Fattiesburg then there are golden eagles. That school is a shit show. Period.

DownwardDawg
08-27-2014, 07:31 AM
I'm from the Pine Belt. Most of my friends that I graduated with went to State......for ONE semester. They went to USM after that one semester. I'll let y'all figure that one out.

FlabLoser
08-27-2014, 07:38 AM
I'm not motivated to read USM smack.

But I do hope we run the scoreboard. Would be great to send a message to the college football world.

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
08-27-2014, 08:27 AM
I have lived in both Hattiesburg and Starkville as a college student (William Carey for undergrad, MSU for grad school).
Starkville >>>>> Hattiesburg.
Starkville = college town.
Hattiesburg = city with 2 colleges in it, and not that great of a city.
My mom and sister are both usm alums, so I'll never have the hatred for them that I do the bears, but a lot of the 10 fans do have the mentality that was seen on that site. So I hope we cover the spread, with some points to spare.

UMCDawg16
08-27-2014, 08:34 AM
My wife is a USM grad. She hates them. Loves everything about State. Enough said.

Jack Lambert
08-27-2014, 08:35 AM

Houston did that to us in the 70's. I don't want us to do that to anyone. I want to beat them by a large number but not like that.

hells bells
08-27-2014, 08:38 AM
I have lived in both Hattiesburg and Starkville as a college student (William Carey for undergrad, MSU for grad school).
Starkville >>>>> Hattiesburg.
Starkville = college town.
Hattiesburg = city with 2 colleges in it, and not that great of a city.
My mom and sister are both usm alums, so I'll never have the hatred for them that I do the bears, but a lot of the 10 fans do have the mentality that was seen on that site. So I hope we cover the spread, with some points to spare.

Considering that most of the USM students leave campus on football weekends and average attendance last year was lower than a high school girls soccer game they have nothing to say. Have seen better football stadiums at high schools compared to The Rock. Knowing USM is last in Conference USA must be rewarding to the suit case school.

TheRef
08-27-2014, 08:40 AM
Considering that most of the USM students leave campus on football weekends and average attendance last year was lower than a high school girls soccer game they have nothing to say. Have seen better football stadiums at high schools compared to The Rock. Knowing USM is last in Conference USA must be rewarding to the suit case school.

That's why I'm campaign that no one call it "The Rock" anymore and simply refer to it as "The Pebble"

Jack Lambert
08-27-2014, 08:41 AM
They always fail to mention that two of their victories were forfeits from the late 70's. I bet most of them don?t even know it. I just want them to come to MSU game day to see what game day is all about. They have no clue. I know an USM alumnus who is coming and he said that he was going to bring a golf cart with him to travel around the campus. I chuckled and said good luck with that. I guess he is use to only a few thousands.

hells bells
08-27-2014, 08:53 AM
Damn Ref I almost called it The Pebble in the post.

Johnson85
08-27-2014, 09:25 AM

To be fair, he said nice place to visit. If you know what you're doing, the Coast and New Orleans are nice places to visit and really to live, although you need a little money for New Orleans to be a nice place to live. Hattiesburg is a nice town/city for Mississippi. One of the few places I could live in Mississippi without thinking I was making a big sacrifice. But there is a reason people want to live in college towns and Starkville is a college town whereas Hattiesburg is not, even though it has USM and William Carey there.

As somebody else said, I just can't get worked up over USM fans. I feel bad for them. THey are not much different than we would be if we were dropped to Div. II. That's how big the gap has become between haves and have-nots, and UM or MSU could have easily been on the wrong side of that line. We are just fortunate that we are in the Southeast and that people are crazy about college sports here, because otherwise we would definitely be a have-not.

headcoach98
08-27-2014, 09:29 AM
Hoping we pound them into the ground with our several capable RBs, leave em badly hurting going back down south.

quickstrike2
08-27-2014, 10:01 AM
I live right outside of Hattiesburg, and have been associated with USM fans for some time now. Most are pretty good guys that know what should be coming Saturday. There are some fans that I have came across that just generally don't have a clue. What doesn't help is that we had those Croom years while most of my age group was in high school/college and USM was pretty decent during those years. However, most of the ones I associate with aren't talking any smack and know that they asked for this game. My response is I hope we damn well give yall what yall asked for Saturday, but being a State fan for my lifetime I know stranger things have happened.

1bigdawg
08-27-2014, 10:19 AM
Houston did that to us in the 70's. I don't want us to do that to anyone. I want to beat them by a large number but not like that.

Houston left their starters in the game until the end in 1967 (I think). Bear scheduled them a few years later and skull drug for revenge for doing that to anySEC team.

If we can do it playing everyone, I am all for it. But first, let's just win.

I know a USM Box owner and several other fans because I grew up in the Pine Belt and they are fired up for the game.

CadaverDawg
08-27-2014, 10:37 AM
They always fail to mention that two of their victories were forfeits from the late 70's. I bet most of them don?t even know it. I just want them to come to MSU game day to see what game day is all about. They have no clue. I know an USM alumnus who is coming and he said that he was going to bring a golf cart with him to travel around the campus. I chuckled and said good luck with that. I guess he is use to only a few thousands.

Years ago I had a USM friend that was diehard. He had never been to a State or OM game, but was constantly bragging on USM's atmosphere being "underrated" Nationally. So State had a bye week, and he invited me to a USM homecoming game to tailgate and go to the game. Guys, words cannot describe the difference in the two game days. We tailgated in a parking lot behind one of the classrooms....and when I say "tailgate"...I mean, we opened up the tailgate and a few other guys opened up their SUV back ends, and we laid food on the tailgates and listened to John "Nasal Voice" Cox on the radio for pregame. Then we went to the game and the atmosphere was just horrible. I am a respectful person when someone takes me along with them, but it was hard to stomach. We got into the game late in the 1st quarter, and then left at halftime and went to a bar to drink and watch real games.

I asked him to come to a MSU game, but he wouldn't. We aren't friends any more, but I doubt he has ever been to a game outside of the rock. Hopefully he attends this weekend, because these people have zero idea what they are missing. I mean, ZERO idea. And I am being nice.

Vancleave
08-27-2014, 11:04 AM
Not trying to flame, but some on this board need a little slice of humble pie. Before I am counted a troll, facts are facts. I am a Bulldog through and through but the over confidence and bravado that some have on this board is a little concerning. See the link.

http://www.winsipedia.com/southern-miss/vs/mississippi-state

TheRef
08-27-2014, 11:06 AM
Not trying to flame, but some on this board need a little slice of humble pie. Before I am counted a troll, facts are facts. I am a Bulldog through and through but the over confidence and bravado that some have on this board is a little concerning. See the link.

ON THE FIELD we are 14-12-1 in FAVOR of MSU

After the NCAA got its panties in a wad it's the opposite.

ScoobaDawg
08-27-2014, 11:08 AM

This is not 1980. We have our best offensive coach in school history and do i dare say a top 3 DC. We will put up points. they will not. Those records do not matter when seriously one player was barely alive when we last played and some of our coaches were popping face zits.

I still wouldn't touch the spread though, too much emotion.

engie
08-27-2014, 11:15 AM

Down in FRONTTT!!!1!1

Templeton'll fix it!!1!1

CadaverDawg
08-27-2014, 11:45 AM

Yawn.

Have you seen the garbage their fans are posting about this game? Maybe you should lecture them on little man syndrome instead of lecturing MSU fans on humble pie. Just saying.

TrapGame
08-27-2014, 12:01 PM

This is as worthless as a Snead for Heisman bumper sticker today.

BeardoMSU
08-27-2014, 12:03 PM

I'd be depressed too if I was from Vancleave....

hells bells
08-27-2014, 10:27 PM
Resume the misery you call life and have mom make sure your dinner is ready.