PDA

View Full Version : 2015 USM game

Belegal
08-26-2014, 09:38 PM
What's the chance we can buy it out? I hope we offer $2 million plus & get it in Vegas. At USM @ $50 a ticket times 30000 equals1.5 million. If we sell 60000 @ $50 that's 3$million . Let's cut a deal! Nebraska bought them out a few years ago- plus concessions & local tax base to vegas

IMissJack
08-26-2014, 10:15 PM
+1

ScoobaDawg
08-26-2014, 10:25 PM
It would be great to do as long as it still made financial sense. But i cant see USM doing that. what fans they have might seriously go apeshit on their ad who i believe they are already not fans of at all.

Todd4State
08-26-2014, 10:34 PM
I can't see any way that USM would allow the 2015 game to be bought out. That would be a huge black eye for their athletic dept. For years all they used to talk about was how we wouldn't play them in USM. Well, we called their bluff- which is why I'm glad we are doing this series. If they move the game even if it's to Jackson, it pretty much would firmly end any debate that their fans have on them being on equal ground with us and Ole Miss.

Like Scooba is saying, moving the 2015 USM game would probably result in their AD being fired.

Todd4State
08-26-2014, 10:37 PM
What's the chance we can buy it out? I hope we offer $2 million plus & get it in Vegas. At USM @ $50 a ticket times 30000 equals1.5 million. If we sell 60000 @ $50 that's 3$million . Let's cut a deal! Nebraska bought them out a few years ago- plus concessions & local tax base to vegas

They would probably want an exorbanant amount of money- think 4-5 million. If this game would be moved (less than 5% chance of that happening) they would move it to Jackson before they move it to Starkville.

As well as Nebraska travels, there's no way they would have brought as many fans to Hattiesburg as we will next year. After we have a good year this year- plus Dak coming back for his senior year- we probably will set the USM record for attendance next year.

War Machine Dawg
08-26-2014, 10:44 PM
I can't see any way that USM would allow the 2015 game to be bought out. That would be a huge black eye for their athletic dept. For years all they used to talk about was how we wouldn't play them in USM. Well, we called their bluff- which is why I'm glad we are doing this series. If they move the game even if it's to Jackson, it pretty much would firmly end any debate that their fans have on them being on equal ground with us and Ole Miss.

Like Scooba is saying, moving the 2015 USM game would probably result in their AD being fired.

I'll still never forgive the Ninja for not getting a 2-for-1 out of this. A straight up home-and-home with these clowns is serious bullshit.

War Machine Dawg
08-26-2014, 10:46 PM
They would probably want an exorbanant amount of money- think 4-5 million. If this game would be moved (less than 5% chance of that happening) they would move it to Jackson before they move it to Starkville.

As well as Nebraska travels, there's no way they would have brought as many fans to Hattiesburg as we will next year. After we have a good year this year- plus Dak coming back for his senior year- we probably will set the USM record for attendance next year.

But that's the whole point. We're going to fill up THEIR stadium with OUR fans and have to split a MUCH LOWER gate with them 50/50. That's ****ed up bullshit, no matter how you slice it.

MSUDawg4Life
08-26-2014, 10:49 PM
They would only sell the game if they thought it wouldn't sell out. It's going to sell out and be the biggest game their campus has seen in many years. No way they sell it to us.