PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Renfroe makes the Arizona Fall League

Todd4State
08-26-2014, 09:25 PM
As I suspected he would. After he spends the fall there, he will probably get invited to MLB camp and while I don't expect him to make the team out of spring training, I think he will start the year in AAA and then make it up at some point next season depending on how he performs next year.

Lindgren is still dominating the minors. If he's not up in September, he will be up next year.

I think Stratton will have a chance to be up some time next year as well. He will either start in AA or AAA for the Giants.

Kendall Graveman has been dominating AAA, and I think there is a chance he could be up in September as well. I think he will get invited to MLB camp in spring training and get a look and if he isn't called up next month, probably 2015.

I hope the Cardinals call Ed Easley up, but I'm not sure it will happen because he isn't on their 40 man roster. I think he has earned it as he is hitting very well lately.

War Machine Dawg
08-26-2014, 10:20 PM
Todd, I went to the Redbirds game this past Saturday not. Easley wasn't in the lineup. Apparently the Redbirds are in first in the PCL. I was under the impression they sucked this year, having lost Adams, Chambers, and Wong over the past couple years.

Todd4State
08-26-2014, 10:27 PM
The Redbirds have been very hot lately and they are currently in first place.

I wouldn't read too much into Easley not playing one game since most AAA teams use two catchers regularly.

War Machine Dawg
08-26-2014, 10:38 PM
The Redbirds have been very hot lately and they are currently in first place.

I wouldn't read too much into Easley not playing one game since most AAA teams use two catchers regularly.

I figured that's what was happening in regards to Easley. I was just disappointed as a Dawg fan to not see him in the lineup the one game I actually made it to.

Bullmutt
08-27-2014, 12:56 PM
Graveman made it to AAA before Lindgren?

TStationDawg
08-27-2014, 02:54 PM
Graveman made it to AAA before Lindgren?

But what a story Butch and John have to tell recruits these days! I live up here in Vandy country and they LOVE to talk about all the pitchers coming through and rightly so- but when I throw out Lindy's stats so far- they just shake their heads. Of course, then I tell them I'm a Braves fan and they can have Minor back!