PDA

View Full Version : Who's picking Boise

Reason2succeed
08-26-2014, 01:26 PM
I think that OM is gonna lose Thursday. Harsin may not be Chris Peterson but he is the next best thing. You may say that they don't have the talent and the giant killer QBs of old are gone. Well, truthfully they never had great recruiting talent and their QBs were always system QB. By the way, Harsin is still running the same system.

OM is going to Atlanta haughty and believing their own hype. Because the game is on Thursday Bear nation will not be there in full force and it really doesn't matter anyway because Boise takes pride in stepping into your backyard and stealing a game.

The winner of this game will be the team that makes the least mistakes and trust me CBS will give Boise at least two TOs. What think ye?

Bubb Rubb
08-26-2014, 01:31 PM
I hope Boise beats them but I don't see it.

MetEdDawg
08-26-2014, 01:31 PM
I can't bring myself to pick them as much as it pains me. But if they play with that nothing to lose mentality that they seem to play with two or three times a year against a big opponent then anything can happen.

Boise has lost some of it's luster but I think they will be competitive. If OM loses they should be very concerned because they still have to play Auburn, Bama, @LSU, us, @TAMU, @Vandy. They could easily lose 4 of those 6 and be starring at a 5 loss season as a preseason ranked team. Can't imagine they would happy going 7-5 while we go 9-3 and win the Egg Bowl again. Might get Freeze fired with all that talent they have from those high profile recruiting classes

msstate7
08-26-2014, 01:32 PM
I think Boise is gonna pull all the stops on OM. If OM's defense is disciplined, they'll most likely win.

codeDawg
08-26-2014, 01:33 PM
I fully expect a Vandy type game out of Boise. It's going to be a lot closer than expected, but UM pulls it out of their rear at the very end. Remember, this is the almost the exact same UM team that struggled to score on Vandy last year and struggled to stop a Vandy offense that had one weapon. UM didn't look much better at the end of the season against us with our 3rd string QB. They still don't have an inside run game outside of the guy who doesn't want to injure his shoulder again.

BSU is going to take a small step back this year. They have several question marks still lingering at key positions, but will be well coached and well prepared. This one will be talent over teaching, but it's going to be close.

thf24
08-26-2014, 01:36 PM
Conventional wisdom says OM should win by a few scores, but I keep going back to the fact that OM's offense at season's end couldn't break 30 against GT. With first game rust and the fact that they haven't really upgraded anything (I don't believe that Dirt's arm is "finally healthy" any more than I did the last two years), they might really struggle to score, and it could be a close game.

defiantdog
08-26-2014, 01:39 PM
Bryan Harsin isn't Chris Peterson

Johnson85
08-26-2014, 01:43 PM
Somebody will have to explain why they think Boise will be much better this year in order for me to believe that they'll beat Ole Miss.

Boise lost to Washington (4+ touchdowns), Fresno State, BYU (2+ touchdowns), San Diego State, and Oregon State (2+ touchdowns) last year. Any team they played from a power conference beat them by at least two touchdowns. Their best win was maybe Utah St? Nevada?

I think this is a dream OOC game for Ole Miss. It's national exposure against a weak team that most fans think is much better than it is. Unless Boise played a ton of freshman and sophomores last year and/or is returning some key players that were injured most of last year, I think you can expect that UM will roll fairly easily in this one. If they come out flat, it's the difference between winning close and winning easily; not winning and losing

quickstrike2
08-26-2014, 01:45 PM
I don't see Boise winning this one, as much as I would like it.

Coach34
08-26-2014, 01:51 PM
Game comes down to this:

1. Boise's DL vs Big Softie and crew- can Boise's DL be physical and control the run with a basic front? If they can, it allows them to commit more to the pass and prevent big plays

2. Boise's OL vs Kimchee and Crew- can Boise's OL handle the speed of the Ole Missus DL? I'll be surprised if they can. But if they can stay close and be physical- they could possibly wear then down in the 4th

Eric Nies Grind Time
08-26-2014, 01:57 PM
If Boise State's DL can be physical with their O-line, Ole Miss fans buttholes are going to pucker up. Rough season ahead.

thunderclap
08-26-2014, 01:57 PM
Boise OL stinks. Gonna be tough.

Reason2succeed
08-26-2014, 02:00 PM
Bucky's finesse offense without a power running game plays right into Boise's hand. I just have a bad (actually good for us) feeling about this game.

Boise isn't as good as most people think they are but OM DEFINITELY is no where near where the media thinks they are.

Just mark it that Reason called the early upset if it happens. Remember that something always happens in week 1 that shocks the media. I don't think that the SEC goes undefeated week 1. It's either Boise over OM or Clemson over Georgia. LSU should be safe.

Bully Dee Williams
08-26-2014, 02:01 PM
Game comes down to this:

1. Boise's DL vs Big Softie and crew- can Boise's DL be physical and control the run with a basic front? If they can, it allows them to commit more to the pass and prevent big plays

2. Boise's OL vs Kimchee and Crew- can Boise's OL handle the speed of the Ole Missus DL? I'll be surprised if they can. But if they can stay close and be physical- they could possibly wear then down in the 4th

This

BeastMan
08-26-2014, 02:03 PM
As an MSU grad I want to. As a reasonable college football observer I won't. Too much size and speed. The OM DL should destroy their OL.

msstate7
08-26-2014, 02:07 PM
As an MSU grad I want to. As a reasonable college football observer I won't. Too much size and speed. The OM DL should destroy their OL.

I think BSU's coach knows this too. I expect screen passes, misdirection, etc from Boise. OM's d'line could run themselves out of plays if Boise is smart

Bubb Rubb
08-26-2014, 02:16 PM
I can't bring myself to pick them as much as it pains me. But if they play with that nothing to lose mentality that they seem to play with two or three times a year against a big opponent then anything can happen.

Boise has lost some of it's luster but I think they will be competitive. If OM loses they should be very concerned because they still have to play Auburn, Bama, @LSU, us, @TAMU, @Vandy. They could easily lose 4 of those 6 and be starring at a 5 loss season as a preseason ranked team. Can't imagine they would happy going 7-5 while we go 9-3 and win the Egg Bowl again. Might get Freeze fired with all that talent they have from those high profile recruiting classes

Man, if Boise somehow beat them, the honeymoon will definitely be over for Freeze. That would be fun to watch.

Kcdawg
08-26-2014, 02:25 PM
As much as I'd like to pick Boise, until I see it this isn't BCS buster Boise.

DownwardDawg
08-26-2014, 02:30 PM
Man, if Boise somehow beat them, the honeymoon will definitely be over for Freeze. That would be fun to watch.

It would be fun to watch, but we don't want Freeze fired. They'll eventually hire a good coach. Their new AD would make this next hire and he might actually pick a winner.

Bully Dee Williams
08-26-2014, 02:32 PM
As previously posted, I agree with Coach's analysis.

One thing that has been overlooked about Boise St.'s head coach is his experience. Harsin is a young guy, be has been involved in some big games. Plus, he was Texas's OC when they played OM in Oxford in Bucky's first year. The Horns moved the ball well that day if I remember correctlt. Boise doesn't have Texas talent, but Harsin has seen Bucky's shenanigans in the past.

I don't know if Boise wins. They do have the potential to do so, though.

RougeDawg
08-26-2014, 02:38 PM

They shouldn't have even been on the field with UGA a few years back and beat them. That UGA team was much better than this OM team. This OM team has 6-8 really talented guys with very little depth plus experience behind them. Their best OL is a huge ******. 2nd best DL is hurt. CJ has been on his Byar's furniture more during his OM career than the field. They lost their deep threat to NFL. Their offense was exposes so bad at the end of last year, the wing tee Ga Tech shit team gave them a scare in bowl game. Boise is picked to finish 10-2 on season. They return a SR QB and I beliebe every OLineman on two deep. As a rational logical football observer, nowhere in what I have observed and read, do I conclude that OM will run away with this one. Boise is better than Ga Tech, but not one dimensional. I see all the media star gazing has started to effect even some of our own. I call a spade a spade, OM max is 8 wins. Most likely 7 and easily 5 or 6, when the injuries start piling up. The one thing that helps them is not playing a big boy until game 5. If they played a big boy week 1 or 2, injuries would put them on the bubble to make a bowl. For those of you thinking that their recruiting classes will propel them this year, please explain the last 3-4 years of Texas football?? OM paid for players have the coaches by the balls. Let's not forget the culture around that program and the attitudes they have compiled on their roster. Stop looking at stars and start looking at actual results.

MSUDawg4Life
08-26-2014, 02:42 PM
I'll be a Boise fan Thursday night, but I think the Bear defense is too strong for Boise to win though.

bgover4
08-26-2014, 02:50 PM
I think that OM is gonna lose Thursday.

TSUN WILL NOT LOSE THURSDAY...but I give em a 50/50 chance Friday!!!

OK so I guess they do have a chance to lose Thursday. Don't know why i thought they were playing friday.

sandwolf
08-26-2014, 02:53 PM
.....and I beliebe every OLineman on two deep.

Where are you getting this from? Per Phil Steele, they return 2 offensive lineman.

http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2014/JAN14/DBJan23.html

BeastMan
08-26-2014, 03:35 PM
Rogue, look at Boise's losses from last year

#25 Washington (9-4) 38-6
Fresno St. (11-2) 41-40
BYU (8-5) 21-37
SDSU (8-5) 31-34
Oregon State (7-6) 38-23

The 2 PAC 12 teams were the only major conference teams they played and they got beat like a drum by Washington and soundly by Oregon State. Boise just isn't that good. I think Boise will be comparable to the Rice team we saw in the Liberty Bowl.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-26-2014, 03:36 PM
This is going to be just like 2009 for BSU v Oregon...expect nkdemdishian to be suspended for punching an opposing player after the game.

msstate7
08-26-2014, 03:41 PM
This is going to be just like 2009 for BSU v Oregon...expect nkdemdishian to be suspended for punching an opposing player after the game.
That would be wonderful considering current litigation

BeastMan
08-26-2014, 03:55 PM
As a rational logical football observer, nowhere in what I have observed and read, do I conclude that OM will run away with this one. Boise is better than Ga Tech, but not one dimensional. I see all the media star gazing has started to effect even some of our own. I call a spade a spade, OM max is 8 wins. Most likely 7 and easily 5 or 6, when the injuries start piling up.

Rouge, you are entitled to your own opinion but me not thinking that Boise is very good in 2014 is not "drinking OM koolaide". I just think Boise is a shell of its former self. I would pick MSU to run them off the field as I would any SEC team that I project it the 7-9 win range.

And just for the record, you can't reasonably talk about a team when your "easily 5-6 wins" prediction is based on when the "injuries pile up". Could injuries impact their season? Absolutely. But to use something that you cannot predict into your unbiased prediction about OM isn't quite how unbiased works. Projecting a worse case scenario is the definition of bias. Hell, MSU is a couple injuries away from being in the 6 win range itself. If a Rebel posted, "You know MSU going to have a ton of injuries and only win 5-6..." you would have a field day with how dumb that is, as you should.

BeastMan
08-26-2014, 03:56 PM

I have never forgiven Lagarret Blount for that. He will forever be a thug in my book over that sucker punch.

Dawgcentral
08-26-2014, 03:56 PM
Not thinking Boise can win it, but wouldn't Friday be incredible if they did? Beginning of the season, our game coming up, seeing the distraught look on the faces of TSUN fans if they even came out of the house?

Might be petty, but I'd really be having a great day. And it would be tough holding back laughter when facing someone wearing TSUN gear.

Bully13
08-26-2014, 04:12 PM
[QUOTE=bgover4;232578]TSUN WILL NOT LOSE THURSDAY...but I give em a 50/50 chance Friday!!![/QU

Huh? The games Thursday...what are you talking about?

archdog
08-26-2014, 04:23 PM

I agree. With what UM has on the field, they should win by 21. My concern is what is there fanbase going to think if this one comes down to the wire? They should really be concerned with the beginning of the end for Freeze.

archdog
08-26-2014, 04:24 PM
Not thinking Boise can win it, but wouldn't Friday be incredible if they did? Beginning of the season, our game coming up, seeing the distraught look on the faces of TSUN fans if they even came out of the house?

Might be petty, but I'd really be having a great day. And it would be tough holding back laughter when facing someone wearing TSUN gear.

IF UM lost there is no way you would even see a rebel fan out wearing gear on Friday.

yjnkdawg
08-26-2014, 04:36 PM
I hope Boise can win, but it just doesn't appear (on paper, anyway) that they have the players to do it. Especially against OM's defense. I hope this is wrong because I would love to see the Bears start 0-1. Hopefully, the Georgia Dome will have OM in awe and Boise can pull the big upset.

Schultzy
08-26-2014, 06:06 PM
I've got Boise State plus 9 1/2 for a nickel.

IMissJack
08-26-2014, 06:07 PM
I don't think this is the Boise of a few years ago.

BulldogBacker
08-26-2014, 07:51 PM
Bryan Harsin isn't Chris Peterson

NO Brian Harsin is not Chris Pererson, but he was the architect of the BSU offense when they were blowing out people!

MabenMaroon
08-26-2014, 08:02 PM
Jacksonville State 2011 ....

sleepy dawg
08-26-2014, 08:04 PM
The only way I see Boise winning, is if Ole Miss Blows it. If Ole Miss loses the turnover margin by 2 or 3, then maybe.
And the statement that "Boise takes pride in stepping into your backyard and stealing a game" means absolutely nothing to me. They are definitely known for their home field dominance, not their road record.

EAVdog
08-26-2014, 08:13 PM
I think the game is closer than predicted. Boise has prepared for this, the biggest game of their year, all summer. Ole Miss isn't really sure what is coming their way with the new staff etc... I can't really see Boise pulling it out but they probably make it pretty interesting.

BulldogBear
08-27-2014, 08:29 AM
Well, I'm leaving for ATL. I'm gonna pull for Boise but can't bring myself to pick them.

My Bearshark buddy was in an accident yesterday (six car pile up) on the way to work and is going to be delayed a day. The vendor who put this trip together for him was taking us to dinner tonight but since my friend won't be coming over till tomorrow I had to find something else to do. So, I'm going to the Georgia State game! Woohoo! 3 games in 4 days. Who knows when that'll happen again. I don't know how connected I'll be so I'll see y'all on the other side!