PDA

View Full Version : I thought hashtags in the end zone were off limits this year....

Dawgheadcheese
08-26-2014, 11:30 AM
But looking at the cam just now they are painting hail state into the end zone area. Maybe I was mistaken.

TheRef
08-26-2014, 11:31 AM
But looking at the cam just now they are painting hail state into the end zone area. Maybe I was mistaken.

No hashtag....perfectly legal.

DawgHouseUnited
08-26-2014, 11:42 AM
They should have a cheerleader run out and hold up a big # right beside the Hail State sometime during the game...

Mjoelner34
08-26-2014, 12:04 PM
hashbrown Hail State!

ScoobaDawg
08-26-2014, 12:22 PM
Dear god...STOP IT SCOTT.. THE FREAKING PERMANENT SIGN ABOVE THAT IN THE GRIDIRON are already says HAIL STATE.

WE ARE MISSISSIPPI STATE damnit leave the cutesy off the jerseys and out of the endzone.

DudyDawg
08-26-2014, 12:25 PM
I like it. It's becoming a great saying for us, like our Hotty toddy, roll tide, war eagle etc. We can't just say "go dogs" and be separated from the other 40 bulldogs in the country. It's becoming a huge part of our brand.

ScoobaDawg
08-26-2014, 12:30 PM
I like it. It's becoming a great saying for us, like our Hotty toddy, roll tide, war eagle etc. We can't just say "go dogs" and be separated from the other 40 bulldogs in the country. It's becoming a huge part of our brand.

I like it too as a cheer or greeting or hashtag but its NOT the name of our school THAT is WHAT should be prominently displayed. and as I noted.. Its on a freaking endzone wide large ass sign 10 feet above it... Its simply over done and NOT NEEDED.

archdog
08-26-2014, 12:33 PM
Why do people want to stop this. It is giving us a brand recognition. Everyone of our fans should be required to say it 10 times a day to random people for an entire year. This saying is MSU. Our Fight song is Hail Dear old State. #hailstate is probably the best pr move our AD has done in the past 40 years. Like it or not, this gets us more recognition than anything else we do other than the cowbell.

mstatefan91
08-26-2014, 12:39 PM
Yeah I don't understand the hate for Hail State either. I think it's great

Dawgface
08-26-2014, 12:50 PM
I like it fine, but I believe in balance too. I would have Miss State on one end and Bulldogs on the other. Hail State is already visible at one end of the field. But I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

ScoobaDawg
08-26-2014, 12:58 PM
I like it fine, but I believe in balance too. I would have Miss State on one end and Bulldogs on the other. Hail State is already visible at one end of the field. But I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Pretty much... I vented. I dont like it.. but scott and marketing are going to do what they want. I sure cant change that.

Maroons
08-26-2014, 01:01 PM
I like it too as a cheer or greeting or hashtag but its NOT the name of our school THAT is WHAT should be prominently displayed. and as I noted.. Its on a freaking endzone wide large ass sign 10 feet above it... Its simply over done and NOT NEEDED.

Your opinion is wrong.

engie
08-26-2014, 01:08 PM
DOWN IN FRONT!

fishwater99
08-26-2014, 01:13 PM

I agree...

Jacksondevildog
08-26-2014, 01:48 PM
You have to understand that there are some in our fan base that still think Croom and Polk should be coaching and we shouldn't have done the stadium project. They feel that the millions should have been put to adequately improve parking for old fans.
Why do people want to stop this. It is giving us a brand recognition. Everyone of our fans should be required to say it 10 times a day to random people for an entire year. This saying is MSU. Our Fight song is Hail Dear old State. #hailstate is probably the best pr move our AD has done in the past 40 years. Like it or not, this gets us more recognition than anything else we do other than the cowbell.

ScoobaDawg
08-26-2014, 02:03 PM
Your opinion is wrong.

Well your opinion doesn't matter either. your point?

DownwardDawg
08-26-2014, 02:11 PM
DOWN IN FRONT!

Lol!!!

RougeDawg
08-26-2014, 02:22 PM

It is not our hotty toddy. Hailstate has something to do with our university. I don't understand why/how people don't realize that hotty toddy has absolutely nothing to do with the univserity execept possible the delusional of the fans, because during their chant they actually ask themselves who the hell they are. To me this chant is the epitome of delusion and their entire fan base.

The other two phrases have something to do with each of the other universities. I hate when people look at hotty toddy as if it's related to the university. BearSharts is more relevant to the university than hotty toddy. At least they considered that for their new mascot.

DudyDawg
08-26-2014, 02:40 PM
It is related to the university. Maybe not officially, but it's related. I meant it as in that's a small phrase (all of those are two words) that can just be said and immediately associate someone to a school. Hotty toddy, just like all the others mentioned, does that

fishwater99
08-26-2014, 03:02 PM
It is our fight song...

DudyDawg
08-26-2014, 03:08 PM
It is our fight song...

Was talking about Hotty toddy

archdog
08-26-2014, 04:20 PM
Hotty Toddy sums them up perfectly. I have no idea why you guys are questioning UM's saying.

DawgPoundtheRock
08-26-2014, 04:33 PM
Hotty for the girls, toddy for the booze..........makes perfect sense****

TheDogFather
08-26-2014, 06:50 PM
Dear god...STOP IT SCOTT.. THE FREAKING PERMANENT SIGN ABOVE THAT IN THE GRIDIRON are already says HAIL STATE.

WE ARE MISSISSIPPI STATE damnit leave the cutesy off the jerseys and out of the endzone.

The terminology originates from the fight song which has been around for how long?

preachermatt83
08-26-2014, 07:00 PM
The terminology originates from the fight song which has been around for how long?

https://31.media.tumblr.com/1bf3d3ba69c8563d61fc85719bcaf5c1/tumblr_inline_n61yxvlJjE1r2zxvb.gif

ScoobaDawg
08-26-2014, 07:19 PM

Has it been around longer than OUR UNIVERSITIES Name?
If you cant understand we should be emphasizing our schools name, when there is a sign with Hail State 10 feet away that is permantly installed..then we can just disagree. as I noted the boss man scott disagrees.

SDDawg
08-26-2014, 07:44 PM
Hail State forever!!!

SDDawg
08-26-2014, 07:45 PM
Mississippi A&M days are long gone folks...

engie
08-26-2014, 07:47 PM
Has it been around longer than OUR UNIVERSITIES Name?

Hail State was a song written by Joseph Burleson Peavey in 1939.
We became Mississippi State University in 1958.

So -- yes -- it HAS literally been around longer than OUR UNIVERSITY'S Name.

http://www.msstate.edu/web/friends/songs/hailstate.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippi_State_University

sbcmortgageman
08-26-2014, 07:58 PM

Calm down Francis. It's what we are known by. It's great to use. I'm fairly certain our AD and marketing department know how to brand our university.

DudyDawg
08-26-2014, 08:07 PM
#HailState

DownwardDawg
08-26-2014, 08:10 PM
#HailState

TheRef
08-26-2014, 08:11 PM
#HailState #CLANGA

mstatefan91
08-26-2014, 08:23 PM
#HailState

preachermatt83
08-26-2014, 08:56 PM
Hail State was a song written by Joseph Burleson Peavey in 1939.
We became Mississippi State University in 1958.

So -- yes -- it HAS literally been around longer than OUR UNIVERSITY'S Name.

http://www.msstate.edu/web/friends/songs/hailstate.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippi_State_University

in other words...

http://i.imgur.com/jar9L.gif

Reason2succeed
08-27-2014, 12:07 PM
Branding is very important for State. Outside of SEC territory and even some places inside it everyone knows OM and no one knows us. Hail State and cowbells can help. We share maroon and white with A&M. We share bulldogs with Georgia. We need some things that are all our own.