PDA

View Full Version : "Official" new advertisement policy...

engie
08-26-2014, 11:23 AM
Scott Stricklin: Johnny - Any commercials (like you might see on your TV at home) will be limited to pregame, halftime and between quarters. During timeouts that occur during the quarters, no commercials will be shown. (Though there will be some 'sponsored elements,' such as the Play of the Game presented by Brand X).
This will allow our marketing/operations staff much greater flexibility to take advantage of the ebb and flow of the game, and make for a better fan atmosphere.

Lloyd Christmas
08-26-2014, 11:24 AM
Thank God.

The Croom Diaries
08-26-2014, 11:39 AM
Kudos to Strick for owning his mistakes and working to do better.

BulldogBear
08-26-2014, 11:49 AM
Woohoo!!

Bubb Rubb
08-26-2014, 12:10 PM
Scott Stricklin: Johnny - Any commercials (like you might see on your TV at home) will be limited to pregame, halftime and between quarters. During timeouts that occur during the quarters, no commercials will be shown. (Though there will be some 'sponsored elements,' such as the Play of the Game presented by Brand X).
This will allow our marketing/operations staff much greater flexibility to take advantage of the ebb and flow of the game, and make for a better fan atmosphere.

In other words...

as the third quarter clock runs down, we are in the midst of a tremendous goal line stand. As our opponent gets stuffed on a third and goal, the clock runs to zero and the crowd is jacked. Then.....OH LAWD, WON'T YOU BUY ME A MERCEDEZ BENZ!!!" Crowd dead. Sounds like a plan.

ShotgunDawg
08-26-2014, 12:22 PM
In other words...

as the third quarter clock runs down, we are in the midst of a tremendous goal line stand. As our opponent gets stuffed on a third and goal, the clock runs to zero and the crowd is jacked. Then.....OH LAWD, WON'T YOU BUY ME A MERCEDEZ BENZ!!!" Crowd dead. Sounds like a plan.

Between the 3rd and 4th quarters is certainly the only part of this I am worried about. All I can say is, hopefully, they have some flexibility in this part of the game to make adjustments should the situation call for it.

The Croom Diaries
08-26-2014, 12:33 PM
In other words...

I also hope discretion is used during timeouts. We don't need to draw everyone's attention to the video board to announce the scholar athlete of the week on 3rd & 6, we need to just pump music and keep everyone focused on the game.

MzTerry
08-26-2014, 12:54 PM
NM

deleted for my lack of reading comprehension

FlabLoser
08-26-2014, 12:57 PM
I also hope discretion is used during timeouts. We don't need to draw everyone's attention to the video board to announce the scholar athlete of the week on 3rd & 6, we need to just pump music and keep everyone focused on the game.

THIS. What rare moments weren't utilized for commercials last year were jam packed with some kind of recognition spam. There are endless people and groups to recognize for different things. But game time needs to be about the 17ing game!

Bubb Rubb
08-26-2014, 01:00 PM
THIS. What rare moments weren't utilized for commercials last year were jam packed with some kind of recognition spam. There are endless people and groups to recognize for different things. But game time needs to be about the 17ing game!

I hate this at the start of the game too. The band does their pregame thing, the crowd gets jacked, everyone is in formation for the bulldogs to take the field, and then here comes Stricklin with a giant check and recognition for folks. There is a better time to do stuff like that.

engie
08-26-2014, 01:00 PM
In other words...

10:25
Comment From Tyler
At anytime this year, should I expect a certain 1960s singer-song writer try to pitch me a luxury vehicle during an important 3rd down conversion?
10:26
Scott Stricklin: Oh Lord, I hope not!

fishwater99
08-26-2014, 01:16 PM
Finally...

ScoobaDawg
08-26-2014, 02:12 PM
10:25
Comment From Tyler
At anytime this year, should I expect a certain 1960s singer-song writer try to pitch me a luxury vehicle during an important 3rd down conversion?
10:26
Scott Stricklin: Oh Lord, I hope not!

Scott with some sarcasm this morning....

TheRef
08-26-2014, 02:20 PM
Scott with some sarcasm this morning....

Yeah....I asked him about the "CORSS" and he said "I don't see anything wrong with it :)" "Corss was a popular term back when the song was written nearly a century ago." Then he said "With all seriousness, I've been told it will be fixed by Saturday."