PDA

View Full Version : C-L Mississippi College Football Preview

TXDawg
08-26-2014, 11:09 AM
I know not many of ya'll read the C-L anymore, but they published their annual College Football Preview today (available on-line here: http://jacksonclarion.ms.newsmemory.com/special.php?date=20140821)

A couple of things stood out to me in reading through it:

1) MSU articles were very well written by Bonner - although he did throw in a couple of jabs (Mullen hasn't beaten many Top 25's, only 5 winning seasons since 1999, etc). As a whole, though, pretty good work.

2) Article on Dak's was VERY good.

3) OM articles had a very different feel. Not sure how to describe it, but there didn't seem to anywhere near as much hype or enthusiasm coming through in the articles - even in the player & coach quotes.

4) Article on Bo Dirt was a humorous read. Basically, Freeze says Bo has a lot of flaws, but he's the best they have because their QB situation was a "hodgepodge" when he arrived. He pretty much threw all of his QB's under the bus in that article.

5) The best, though was the Q&A with Mullen. Bonner asked him to reveal something that not many people know about him. Mullen's response: "I'm not a Scientologist." CLASSIC!