PDA

View Full Version : Great- so now I have to pull for Ole Miss today?

Todd4State
05-22-2013, 01:42 AM
We need them to beat Arkansas, which means they will likely get punked by the Hogs.

Rick Danko
05-22-2013, 07:06 AM
Sorry but I just dont keep up with official stats and what not as much as some of you baseball guys, which is why I enjoy getting your opinions. Why do we need Ole Miss to beat the Hogs, aren't we a virtual lock for hosting?

Hump4Hoops
05-22-2013, 07:19 AM
I don't see Arkansas as legitimately in the hosting conversation. Not strong enough of a reason for me not to root for ole miss to lose by 20.

Will James
05-22-2013, 07:21 AM
I don't see Arkansas as legitimately in the hosting conversation. Not strong enough of a reason for me not to root for ole miss to lose by 20.

Hear hear.

Todd4State
05-22-2013, 07:56 AM
Really it's not so much about stats as much as it is about erasing all doubt. When you are dealing with a third party committee, you always want to put your best foot forward. Or maybe I should say best compared to others.

Jacksondevildog
05-22-2013, 08:52 AM
I agree with you Todd, but I want the Rebels to get their ass kicked. I feel like last night solidified any doubt. 41-16 now with a great RPI and SOS of 11 should be enough. That was our 17th SEC win. If we lose the USC game, I believe we would play Texas A&M (assuming they lose to Vandy). That is a winnable game. That would put us at 42-17 heading into Friday. There's no way we get left out of hosting with 42 wins. If we do, we need to leave the SEC and head into the Conference of the Republic of New Afrika under the leadership of Chokwe Lumumba.

The Croom Diaries
05-22-2013, 09:16 AM
Warren Nolan doesn't record these conference tournament games as conference wins, so I assume the committee doesn't either. If they did, our 21 wins last year would have been awfully impressive. I don't think conference wins should even be in the discussion in a league as big as the SEC where the schedule is unbalanced, but either way I think the NCAA just looks at these games like a non-conference neutral site game....so our record will remain at 16-14.

In my opinion, Ole Miss should have a better chance at hosting than Arkansas. I know they don't, but both have pretty much the same overall record, Ole Miss was .500 in the SEC, has a #18 RPI vs. UPig #49 and if OM beats ARK then they'd have roughly the same record vs. top 50, plus Arkansas has two losses vs. 200+ and OM doesn't have any.

Jacksondevildog
05-22-2013, 09:22 AM
Good point on the conference wins. Not sure how they counted those or evaluated those.

Coach34
05-22-2013, 09:36 AM
I hope UPig shoves the bat up their ass- we're hosting- none of that other shit matters

hometowndawg
05-22-2013, 10:17 AM
Are you saying the the SC game is not a winnable game, Jack? We already beat them 2 out of 3. Luis has seen their lineup before and will hopefully make adjustments and go deep into the game for us.

SC is a definite winnable game.

Coach34
05-22-2013, 10:50 AM
Are you saying the the SC game is not a winnable game, Jack?

I thought he was saying Jesus Christ couldnt hit a curveball?

Requiem For A Dawg
05-22-2013, 11:00 AM
Good point on the conference wins. Not sure how they counted those or evaluated those.

Kendall Rogers says the committee views them as conference wins.

Jacksondevildog
05-22-2013, 11:02 AM
I think it's definitely winnable. I feel that tonight will be tough considering the extended game from last night. We will have our chances. Worst case scenario, we should get a favorable matchup on Friday.