PDA

View Full Version : Live chat with Scott Stricklin ongoing now

Dawg496
08-26-2014, 10:14 AM
Link: http://www.hailstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=16800&ATCLID=209482890

So far:

-CORSS will be fixed by Saturday.
-No new speakers in the NEZ, all speakers in south, they are working on some busted ones this week and it will be loud.
-East side CL members cannot access the Scoreboard terrace, the bridge is for staff only.
-"Just a dozen or so" tickets remain for USM.

Dawg496
08-26-2014, 10:17 AM
-Both video boards will share the same feed.
-North concourse connects East and West.
-No timeline on renovation of DWS East side.
-Dawg Walk is at 4:30 on Saturday.
-Sound system should be much better this year but they will look at funding a distributed sound system next fall. No plans currently for pressbox/east side renovation.

TheRef
08-26-2014, 10:26 AM
Commercials will be limited to between quarters, pre-game, and halftime.

Dawg496
08-26-2014, 10:27 AM
-"Any commercials (like you might see on your TV at home) will be limited to pregame, halftime and between quarters. During timeouts that occur during the quarters, no commercials will be shown. (Though there will be some 'sponsored elements,' such as the Play of the Game presented by Brand X).
This will allow our marketing/operations staff much greater flexibility to take advantage of the ebb and flow of the game, and make for a better fan atmosphere."

-10:25
Comment From Tyler
At anytime this year, should I expect a certain 1960s singer-song writer try to pitch me a luxury vehicle during an important 3rd down conversion?
10:26
Scott Stricklin: Oh Lord, I hope not!

-Bricks are in place, and the locations are currently being charted. A Bulldog Club rep will be on site Saturday to help you locate your brick, and a map will be sent out with locations some time in September.

-Getting lots of questions about what goes on the back of the new video board. Looking at some different options than what's been done in the past (either at MSU or other places). If those ideas don't pan out, then a large logo (similar to north board or even the west side) would be the fallback option. Nothing will be decided this football season.

08-26-2014, 10:33 AM
Comment From BigDawg1710
how do the cups smell this year?

Scott Stricklin: Like sweet molasses.

gtowndawg
08-26-2014, 10:34 AM
-Getting lots of questions about what goes on the back of the new video board. Looking at some different options than what's been done in the past (either at MSU or other places). If those ideas don't pan out, then a large logo (similar to north board or even the west side) would be the fallback option. Nothing will be decided this football season.

I thought someone posted a picture on here from two weeks ago with the mstate on a flatbed truck?

Dawg496
08-26-2014, 10:37 AM
I thought someone posted a picture on here from two weeks ago with the mstate on a flatbed truck?

I believe that was one of the two logos which went on the stadium-facing side of the new video board.

gtowndawg
08-26-2014, 10:57 AM
Ahhhh, yes, that makes sense.

starkvegasdawg
08-26-2014, 11:04 AM
Sounds like they're trying to get it right. At some point in the future I wish the next expansion would be to close in the other end zone all the way to the Leo Seal Building. I know that would not add many seats but it would officially bowl in the entire stadium which is something I have wanted to see done for a while.

Mjoelner34
08-26-2014, 11:10 AM
Sounds like they're trying to get it right. At some point in the future I wish the next expansion would be to close in the other end zone all the way to the Leo Seal Building. I know that would not add many seats but it would officially bowl in the entire stadium which is something I have wanted to see done for a while.

That possibility is being considered.

Dawg496
08-26-2014, 11:13 AM
Honestly, adding a bowl doesn't really do it for me. Look at Ole Miss, sure they will have it bowled in, but their stadium is basically the lower level of our stadium. It looks so tiny and not at all intimidating. Our stadium looks and feels much bigger. I'd rather keep building the new endzone up and maybe redo the M Club building to a much bigger one that takes up all of that space or something else unique in that end zone. We don't have to build that end zone as big as the NEZ one maybe ever. I don't see us needing more than 65k seats for a while.

codeDawg
08-26-2014, 11:20 AM
Comment From BigDawg1710
how do the cups smell this year?

Scott Stricklin: Like sweet molasses.

Are mole asses an upgrade? Were the previous ones pig ass?

starkvegasdawg
08-26-2014, 11:24 AM
Are mole asses an upgrade? Were the previous ones pig ass?

As bad as that stink was it had to be bear ass.

maroonmania
08-26-2014, 11:24 AM
Does the expansion allow for full access from East side to West side now? Basically if you are sitting in the East stands and want to go talk with someone in the West stands can you move from one side to the other?

TheRef
08-26-2014, 11:26 AM
Does the expansion allow for full access from East side to West side now? Basically if you are sitting in the East stands and want to go talk with someone in the West stands can you move from one side to the other?

Yes