PDA

View Full Version : Hey jt

TheRef
08-26-2014, 08:02 AM
So apparently your idea is spreading quickly. I shared it on reddit and it got an interesting response: http://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/2eizet/mississippi_state_message_board_statistical/

Then Red Cup Rebellion followed suit with their own one for the OM season: http://www.redcuprebellion.com/2014/8/26/6067481/ole-miss-rebels-football-fans-confidence-poll

DownwardDawg
08-26-2014, 08:29 AM
The funny part about that reddit thread, I don't think I've ever seen a poster on here wish harm on an ole miss poster. However, it is WELL DOCUMENTED that rebel bruiser posted that he hopes Robert Elliot blows his knee out right before it actually happened against LSU.

MadDawg
08-26-2014, 08:51 AM
The funny part about that reddit thread, I don't think I've ever seen a poster on here wish harm on an ole miss poster. However, it is WELL DOCUMENTED that rebel bruiser posted that he hopes Robert Elliot blows his knee out right before it actually happened against LSU.

Boy the rebels really hate this board, don't they?

And exactly how did someone here (I assume 34) get us on probation?

Tdawg
08-26-2014, 09:02 AM
So apparently your idea is spreading quickly. I shared it on reddit and it got an interesting response: http://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/2eizet/mississippi_state_message_board_statistical/

Then Red Cup Rebellion followed suit with their own one for the OM season: http://www.redcuprebellion.com/2014/8/26/6067481/ole-miss-rebels-football-fans-confidence-poll

I think it's the best way to get as unbiased a data set as possible from an internet message board. Now, the results of our experiment yielded % chances and spreads that are off significantly from Vegas, but it is as unbiased a set of projections as you'll get from a biased data source. The beauty of it is that you aren't asking who will win or what the score will be. You aren't asking someone who loves MSU to say he doesn't think they're good enough to win--because a 40% chance of winning means we have a damn good chance to win.

DownwardDawg
08-26-2014, 09:13 AM
Boy the rebels really hate this board, don't they?

They aren't talking about C34. They are referring to a certain other poster. He can respond if he decides to.
I've been around State message boards for years. This is the best one out there with Bulldawgs24/7 right there with it. Paul Jones is the most non-biased when it comes to reporting on recruits. He doesn't make shit up like yancy and some of the other State guys. They call us crazy because they can't post here. It's as simple as that. Go read SPS and get the rebel perspective. You'll see what crazy is really like. I've never read an ole miss board so I can't tell you what that's like. I've never been "crazy" enough to care what they think.

LC Dawg
08-26-2014, 09:19 AM
They call us obsessed. I'm not obsessed, I just hate all things Ole Miss. Obsessed in when TheRef shares something from ED on reddit and gets the comments he got.

DownwardDawg
08-26-2014, 09:37 AM
They call us obsessed. I'm not obsessed, I just hate all things Ole Miss. Obsessed is when TheRef shares something from ED on reddit and gets the comments he got.

Yeah, that pretty much sums up obsessed and crazy fanbase right there.

sandwolf
08-26-2014, 10:07 AM

They are referring to Political Hack.....and I dont remember the details of what happened, but it had to do with the recruitment of Will Redmond.

preachermatt83
08-26-2014, 11:34 AM
They are referring to Political Hack.....and I dont remember the details of what happened, but it had to do with the recruitment of Will Redmond.

dude, don't call the guy out like that. If he wanted his identity known he would have said it.

sandwolf
08-26-2014, 12:06 PM
dude, don't call the guy out like that. If he wanted his identity known he would have said it.

Dude, it's not a secret. It has been talked about openly on this board multiple times.

preachermatt83
08-26-2014, 12:26 PM
Dude, it's not a secret. It has been talked about openly on this board multiple times.

not in several months it hasn't . Either way it's still his right to respond to that stuff, not yours or mine.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-26-2014, 01:39 PM
What's really funny about that reddit thread is that **** ket7450 started the smack about ED...I believe that's the same om atheist prick that was on SPS.

ScoobaDawg
08-26-2014, 02:16 PM
not in several months it hasn't . Either way it's still his right to respond to that stuff, not yours or mine.

Get over yourself trying to tell someone what to post... it's public knowledge. If he didnt want it talked about one of us would of deleted the messages already.

ScoobaDawg
08-26-2014, 02:17 PM
What's really funny about that reddit thread is that **** ket7450 started the smack about ED...I believe that's the same om atheist prick that was on SPS.

That was seriously probably the most I've read on reddit.. and it just reminds why i don't. Funny they say we are obsessed by having a few topics on them but how do they see them unless they are obsessed and looking at this board.

TheRef
08-26-2014, 02:18 PM
That was seriously probably the most I've read on reddit.. and it just reminds why i don't. Funny they say we are obsessed by having a few topics on them but how do they see them unless they are obsessed and looking at this board.

Apparently enough people thought it was cool enough for them to do their own "Confidence Prediction". Reddit likes statistical stuff like that.

ScoobaDawg
08-26-2014, 02:36 PM
Apparently enough people thought it was cool enough for them to do their own "Confidence Prediction". Reddit likes statistical stuff like that.

i love sports stats but cant stand idiots. guess the few times i looked at the wrong part.