PDA

View Full Version : Captain Bubble Screen currently on Finebaum*...

maroonmania
08-25-2014, 04:21 PM

Dawg496
08-25-2014, 04:29 PM
Said he's thought about that game every day this offseason and that it is very important to their team. Someone should inform their fan base.

archdog
08-25-2014, 04:34 PM
Hell yeah they should have thought about it. They got beat by our 3rd string true freshman qb playing 3.5 quarters of the game. They should be mad about it. Too bad Dak didn't start that game. WE would have beat them by 35.

cheewgumm
08-25-2014, 04:45 PM
Serious question...did Moneyball get moved out of the bubble screen catching role? ?If so, who is in there? That will be their leading receiver. I predict moneyball gets upset, because Bo Dirt cant throw it far enough to get him the ball down field.

Bully Dee Williams
08-25-2014, 04:54 PM
I would hate to do a phone interview with Bo. I would always be worried he would drop the call.

CadaverDawg
08-25-2014, 04:55 PM
I would hate to hate to do a phone interview with Bo. I would always be worried he would drop the call.

Zzzzzing (Award nominee)

bulldawg28
08-25-2014, 05:11 PM
Can you imagine how many mistakes he'll make this November trying to put the game on his shoulders?

PassInterference
08-25-2014, 05:17 PM
Mark my words, Captain Bubble screen will be less productive this year than last. They're going to try forcing it downfield more. That won't work so well. Plus Freeze's offense is running out of tricks. They can be baited by defense to make certain reads. The D will play them all day.

Johnson85
08-25-2014, 05:18 PM
He's on the outside now. I would assume they'll still arrange for him to get his fair share of bubble screens, but I'm not sure who will keep the defense honest on the deep ball. If they don't have another Moncrief like receiver, Bo's arm will have to look pretty different in order to keep teams honest.

Dawgcentral
08-25-2014, 06:57 PM
One thing Sunshine has proven. It's damn easy to get inside his head and stir things around.

Every reaction he presents indicate that what people think or say gets to him in a bad way. From Freeze throwing him under the bus after the Eggbowl last year, to Dak being named 2nd team All SEC.

If he can last the entire season this year, all it'll take is pressure from our front four to get his happy feet moving, and the mistakes will follow. What he lacks is what some used to call "Intestinal Fortitude". He runs well enough to make things happen at times, but I think a few hard hits will make him think about it.

RougeDawg
08-25-2014, 07:05 PM
Serious question...did Moneyball get moved out of the bubble screen catching role? ?If so, who is in there? That will be their leading receiver. I predict moneyball gets upset, because Bo Dirt cant throw it far enough to get him the ball down field.

This is exactly the reason I said their offense will take a step back this year. CBS uses the quick hitch as his go to security blanket, when under duress. That's why we and Mizzou shut them down. We pressured and played bump coverage on corners. Need to pressure him up the middle specifically, to take away TE dump passes. We blitzed and he would throw the quick hitch, and then we'd make the quick tackle. This is why moncrief's numbers dropped off last year. Now add in BigSoftie being the top heavy talented OLineman, they will have plenty of defensive players in the backfield. I can't f*cking wait to watch them crumble after all this hype. Tunsil will fold like a lawn chair early and often. The media is looking at stars, and not on field results.

whosyourdawgy
08-25-2014, 07:08 PM
The Bears have some good receivers. Don't kid yourself. Sanders is legit. Adeboyejo is a good one as well. And if Ingram is healthy, he has chance to be extremely good. Their oline and little running backs in short yardage will be the weakness of the O. The wr/TE are pretty solid

Dawgcentral
08-25-2014, 07:14 PM
But it's the offensive system that'll eventually be their downfall. Pressure from the front and a blitzing LB, bump and run from the secondary, and plenty of hurries will make for turnovers.

I think their strength is their defense this year. But with the no huddle, those guys could be on the field too long.

I think we'll see soon enough.

engie
08-25-2014, 07:25 PM
The Bears have some good receivers. Don't kid yourself. Sanders is legit. Adeboyejo is a good one as well. And if Ingram is healthy, he has chance to be extremely good. Their oline and little running backs in short yardage will be the weakness of the O. The wr/TE are pretty solid

7 catches for 81 yards and 1 TD in a season is "a good one"? That's where Adeboyejo is right now. And they turn around and make fun of us for hyping De'Runnya with night and day better production...

What makes everyone so positive that Ingram is a stud? Because he lit up Vandy and SeMo before anyone had a scouting report on him? He had an ok game against a terrible Texas D and then didn't do much against aTm besides catch a TD -- and got shut down by LSU, Bama, Au, and Georgia Tech once he made the scouting reports..
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20140826-gstq-54kb.jpg

I'm not saying their receivers won't be good. They will. Sanders and Treadwell are legit. I'm just saying -- let's give credit where and when it's due and not jump on a hype train for a few of these guys before they've done anything.

War Machine Dawg
08-25-2014, 07:26 PM

^^This. Their WRs won't be the problem. It's their OL and scatbacks.

War Machine Dawg
08-25-2014, 07:27 PM
But it's the offensive system that'll eventually be their downfall. Pressure from the front and a blitzing LB, bump and run from the secondary, and plenty of hurries will make for turnovers.

I think their strength is their defense this year. But with the no huddle, those guys could be on the field too long.

I think we'll see soon enough.

^^This too.

Bully Dee Williams
08-25-2014, 07:29 PM

Sanders is soft and gets alligator arms under pressure. Adebobo hasn't done anything. Engram is a good talent, but that kid has to stay healthy. Biggest question mark, those kids need a QB that can get the ball to them consistently.

drummerdawg
08-25-2014, 07:29 PM
Their oline and little running backs in short yardage will be the weakness of the O.

doesn't Liggins and Nkemdiche have that covered?

Bully Dee Williams
08-25-2014, 07:43 PM
doesn't Liggins and Nkemdiche have that covered?

They have buffets and boner pics covered.

Covercorner2
08-25-2014, 07:45 PM
They have no one that can take the top off the defense and allow for the bubble screens. That guy plays for the colts now. Teams are gonna stack the box and press cover them and I'm not sure what they are gonna be able to do...

Schultzy
08-25-2014, 07:48 PM
They rack up huge numbers on poor defenses like the 2012 Pittsburgh and MSU defenses. But last year proved that talented defenses have found them out. Unless their qb can throw the deep ball they're in the exact same position they were last year.

And they have no one who can get deep like Moncrief. Treadwell is an uber talented slot receiver but not a burner.

Getting CJ Johnson back will help them a lot defensively and they better be good there but are still small. I really see this TSUN team as one that could crash and burn this year.

I know they have high end talent in spots but damn they look thin to me and I'm not just doing the Maroon colored glasses thing, I'll say it in years when I think they'll be good.

Our roster is so much deeper, and Mullen deserves a lot of credit for that.

RougeDawg
08-25-2014, 08:14 PM
They rack up huge numbers on poor defenses like the 2012 Pittsburgh and MSU defenses. But last year proved that talented defenses have found them out. Unless their qb can throw the deep ball they're in the exact same position they were last year.

And they have no one who can get deep like Moncrief. Treadwell is an uber talented slot receiver but not a burner.

Getting CJ Johnson back will help them a lot defensively and they better be good there but are still small. I really see this TSUN team as one that could crash and burn this year.

I know they have high end talent in spots but damn they look thin to me and I'm not just doing the Maroon colored glasses thing, I'll say it in years when I think they'll be good.

Our roster is so much deeper, and Mullen deserves a lot of credit for that.

When has CJ been healthy a full season? They are top heavy talent wise, and small across the board. I just don't understand why they are so hyped given all of these factors. Recruiting stars can only take you so far.

mic
08-25-2014, 08:32 PM

Sanders went
21 for 325 last year

I wouldn't call Sanders legit..

whosyourdawgy
08-25-2014, 08:40 PM
Sanders went
21 for 325 last year

Ok. He sucks then. Keep telling yourself that. He got hurt and missed the first 3 games. We are trumpeting Wilson and he had 26 catches for 351 and 3 td's playing the whole season. Their receivers will not be their weakness. But whatever Don't see it if you don't want to.

UMCDawg16
08-25-2014, 08:41 PM
Sanders went
21 for 325 last year

Sanders isn't legit. I don't know what Koolaid everyone is drinking with him. To put it in perspective, Sanders is a redshirt Senior and his best season (two years ago) he had 504 yards on 39 catches. I'd take all 3 of our guys over him. The WR position for them is in the same shape as most of their positions: 1 guy with top-end talent and then a bunch of average to below average SEC players. Freeze said last week in an interview that they are still looking for someone to step up and take the #3 WR spot. Engram is going to have to be everything their message board experts say he is (and I'm not convinced given last year), because they simply don't have the depth at WR to get the job done in any meaningful way without him.

mic
08-25-2014, 08:46 PM
Ok. He sucks then. Keep telling yourself that. He got hurt and missed the first 3 games. We are trumpeting Wilson and he had 26 catches for 351 and 3 td's playing the whole season. Their receivers will not be their weakness. But whatever Don't see it if you don't want to.

Yeah and Wilson was a true frosh.. I think ur boy VS had around 8 as a red shirt frosh ..
I knew he missed some games I just saying easy on the Ligit... So in 10 games he had 21 catches... 2 a game..
Hell Joe Morrow had 18 catches last year.. Is he Ligit.?
I never said he sucked...

EAVdog
08-25-2014, 08:47 PM
Tunsil is the key to their season, it all rises on his knees. If he gets hurt they are screwed. No QB can throw while laying on the ground.

RougeDawg
08-25-2014, 08:57 PM
Tunsil is the key to their season, it all rises on his knees. If he gets hurt they are screwed. No QB can throw while laying on the ground.

His health has been a question mark since the end of last season, before this latest missed practice. I've yet to hear one analyst talk about this and how much his softness may impact the season. Then again why would ESPN talk about question marks of one of the recruits they sold their souls for two years ago.

whosyourdawgy
08-25-2014, 08:57 PM
Yeah and Wilson was a true frosh.. I think ur boy VS had around 8 as a red shirt frosh ..
I knew he missed some games I just saying easy on the Ligit... So in 10 games he had 21 catches... 2 a game..
Hell Joe Morrow had 18 catches last year.. Is he Ligit.?
I never said he sucked...

And I never said he was my boy. He is a SEC caliber receiver and he did not get more touches last season because of Moncrief and Paidwell. I wouldn't trade D'Runnya for Vincent Sanders for anything My point in this whole thing is MY OPINION the black bear receiving corp will not be the reason for their demise this season. It will be the offensive line and their little running backs 3rd and 4th and short will cost them That's what I think anyway.

Reason2succeed
08-25-2014, 09:02 PM
I'm calling the upset in Atlanta. OM embarrasses the SEC with a loss to Boise. Boise goes back home as a world beater for the rest of the season.

Schultzy
08-25-2014, 09:13 PM
When has CJ been healthy a full season? They are top heavy talent wise, and small across the board. I just don't understand why they are so hyped given all of these factors. Recruiting stars can only take you so far.

And Isaac Gross, who plays much bigger than his size, (I think I'd take 22 Isaac Gross's and go 11-0) is having neck problems this year. Not at all glad about it just pointing out that his leadership and blue collar mentality is big for that team since they are so thin at DL although talented on the first teamers.

Losing him could be very detrimental to that DL.

GreenheadDawg
08-25-2014, 09:17 PM
I'm calling the upset in Atlanta. OM embarrasses the SEC with a loss to Boise. Boise goes back home as a world beater for the rest of the season.

Won't happen. Don't get me wrong I would be be as happy as the next guy but I just wouldn't get your hopes up. OM's defense will win them games

RougeDawg
08-25-2014, 09:24 PM
And Isaac Gross, who plays much bigger than his size, (I think I'd take 22 Isaac Gross's and go 11-0) is having neck problems this year. Not at all glad about it just pointing out that his leadership and blue collar mentality is big for that team since they are so thin at DL although talented on the first teamers.

Losing him could be very detrimental to that DL.

Forgot about him. They have some big question marks at key positions with some of their top "talent" players. Add on top, little depth and an Oline that looks like it would have difficulties blocking a sneeze, and this thing could unravel on them in a hurry.

Bully041184
08-25-2014, 10:00 PM
I caught some of the interview on the radio...he's on the record saying he's 100% healthy and good to go--just in case some crazy ass fans say otherwise.

Coach34
08-25-2014, 10:06 PM
I think OM will have too much speed on that turf for Boise

Schultzy
08-25-2014, 10:35 PM
I think OM will have too much speed on that turf for Boise

Probably, but I will be watching that first quarter carefully.

BossDawg
08-25-2014, 10:47 PM
to Dak being named 2nd team All SEC.

What was Bo's reaction to this?

CadaverDawg
08-25-2014, 11:37 PM
What was Bo's reaction to this?

Broke his straightener and drank a bottle of Pert Plus

Bear@Work
08-26-2014, 12:35 AM
Why do some of you take it so personally that the bears have lofty projection going in to the season? I hate them as much as any of you, but I fail to see this as a slight to us like 99% of you. We need to get away from the yin and yang viewpoint that mississippi being good equals us being bad and that us being good means the bears are bad. This simply isn't true.

I think the day will soon come (probably middle of this year) where both of us will be highly ranked and the entire country will be talking about MS football. The egg bowl wll come and both of us will be in the top 10 with the winner going to Atlanta and the winner of that making the Final Four this year! I really do believe that's how it plays out this year with the rest of the West being down. We actuallly "need" the bears to be good this year so that when we spank them in Klansville (sorry, I had to!) it will project us that much more highly in the National picture.

I think it's time for most of you to quit taking it as a slight to the People's University when some national pundit picks the bears to do well. Let's face it, they have a lot of talent and will likely fare well this year. Quit taking it so personally when they win because I have news for you, they will start out the season undefeated and then an unproven Bama team will go to there and it will be a toss up. Win that game and it could put them in the driver's seat to make the final four. If we play our game and take care of business before the Egg Bowl, IT DOESNT MATTER what they do. I'm not scared of the bears or Sunshine Wallace in Oxford. I hope they are in the top 5 at the time. That's a variable we can't control but weve gotta stop taking it as a slight to us. Because WE WILL SPANK THAT ASS and go to Atlanta over them. Of that much I am certain and this is the year the nation comes to understand True Maroon.

I seen it dawg
08-26-2014, 06:34 AM
Why do some of you take it so personally that the bears have lofty projection going in to the season? I hate them as much as any of you, but I fail to see this as a slight to us like 99% of you. We need to get away from the yin and yang viewpoint that mississippi being good equals us being bad and that us being good means the bears are bad. This simply isn't true.

I think the day will soon come (probably middle of this year) where both of us will be highly ranked and the entire country will be talking about MS football. The egg bowl wll come and both of us will be in the top 10 with the winner going to Atlanta and the winner of that making the Final Four this year! I really do believe that's how it plays out this year with the rest of the West being down. We actuallly "need" the bears to be good this year so that when we spank them in Klansville (sorry, I had to!) it will project us that much more highly in the National picture.

I think it's time for most of you to quit taking it as a slight to the People's University when some national pundit picks the bears to do well. Let's face it, they have a lot of talent and will likely fare well this year. Quit taking it so personally when they win because I have news for you, they will start out the season undefeated and then an unproven Bama team will go to there and it will be a toss up. Win that game and it could put them in the driver's seat to make the final four. If we play our game and take care of business before the Egg Bowl, IT DOESNT MATTER what they do. I'm not scared of the bears or Sunshine Wallace in Oxford. I hope they are in the top 5 at the time. That's a variable we can't control but weve gotta stop taking it as a slight to us. Because WE WILL SPANK THAT ASS and go to Atlanta over them. Of that much I am certain and this is the year the nation comes to understand True Maroon.

Dude there is not one reason that makes any damn sense where we need them to win games or that it will help us in any way if they do. It's ludicrous and borderline idiotic. They need to lose every game in every thing. That helps us.

Dawgface
08-26-2014, 07:01 AM

That would be great. And a BSU team from years past probably would win. But can't see it now.

DownwardDawg
08-26-2014, 07:03 AM
Dude there is not one reason that makes any damn sense where we need them to win games or that it will help us in any way if they do. It's ludicrous and borderline idiotic. They need to lose every game in every thing. That helps us.

^^^^This all day long^^^^
We recruit against them more than anybody else. We need them to suck and suck badly. If we're both good, it makes recruiting that much harder.

DawgHouseUnited
08-26-2014, 08:28 AM

http://x4.fjcdn.com/comments/well+said+_6073076e6c932684830239b0ed4f6385.jpg

maroonmania
08-26-2014, 09:51 AM

Dude, while its not impossible for both programs to be very good at the same time it is VERY difficult. It actually used to be almost impossible, but now with the rise of the SEC and both programs actually able to pull quality recruits from out of state its not quite just the in state struggle for recruits that it used to be. But don't act like OM and MSU are in the same situation as power programs like AL and Aub that are also in the same state because its just not true. And for the record, most AL and Aub fans don't want the other program to be all that good either even though they suffer much less from the other program being good than we do.

Coach34
08-26-2014, 10:10 AM
Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, etc all have more people than Mississippi- therefore more quality talent to choose from. USM falling off has helped both programs as well as the rise of the SEC. But yes, it's still difficult for both to win at the same time.

Bear@Work
08-26-2014, 12:21 PM
It all starts somewhere. This is the year that both take the huge leap forward with all the other teams projected to be down. I think it would do wonders for the state and bring constant national attention to the matchup. Imagine the outside money that now pours in to local economies for Duke/unc basketball, Kentucky/Louisville, auburn/Alabama. These games now have worldwide appeal and I'd argue all programs are better off because it. And I think it makes the coaches work harder when the other is doing well and has slowly got us to this point. Let's take it to the next level. Just my personal opinion.

I seen it dawg
08-26-2014, 01:04 PM
It all starts somewhere. This is the year that both take the huge leap forward with all the other teams projected to be down. I think it would do wonders for the state and bring constant national attention to the matchup. Imagine the outside money that now pours in to local economies for Duke/unc basketball, Kentucky/Louisville, auburn/Alabama. These games now have worldwide appeal and I'd argue all programs are better off because it. And I think it makes the coaches work harder when the other is doing well and has slowly got us to this point. Let's take it to the next level. Just my personal opinion.

That opinion means it's putting the State of Mississippi football as the priority and not Mississippi State. It's just wrong.

Bear@Work
08-26-2014, 01:15 PM
That opinion means it's putting the State of Mississippi football as the priority and not Mississippi State. It's just wrong.

Your reading comprehension is off. I always want us to be tops but it's not a bd thing if Mississippi is good too. Imagine if our game against them was talked about nonstop on ESPN all week and all over the national media and then it is the featured game that night. That gives us a ton of exposure year after year especially when we win the game EVERY SINGLE TIME.

chainedup_Dawg
08-26-2014, 01:31 PM
The fact is this. They do not have a Moncrief this year. He was responsible for taking the top off defenses last year. Sanders is not him and will not be him. They do not have much at all of a running threat. They lost their go to guy for short yardage at the qb spot. They have a top end talent on the OL in Tunsil but after him, a guy that has proven to be banged up when it counts, they are very very thin. Then you add that SEC teams started to really shut them down last year. All of these factors lead me to believe their offense will take a step back this year. Possibly a considerable one.

I seen it dawg
08-26-2014, 07:26 PM
Your reading comprehension is off. I always want us to be tops but it's not a bd thing if Mississippi is good too. Imagine if our game against them was talked about nonstop on ESPN all week and all over the national media and then it is the featured game that night. That gives us a ton of exposure year after year especially when we win the game EVERY SINGLE TIME.

My reading comprehension is just fine. We just disagree. I would much rather have their program in the bottom of a nuclear crater as opposed to you having them good for the sake of people talking about how big our game is. I want people to talk about us and Alabama being the biggest game because OM is so horrible they aren't even on a level playing field. And if they are horrible it helps us tremendously in all sports in recruiting and dollars generated for the school and athletics. The 2 of us being great at the same time only makes people talk about our game more, nothing else. It's simpleton and narrow minded.

NashDawgMan
08-27-2014, 07:48 AM
Zzzzzing (Award nominee)

second