PDA

View Full Version : Media Hypocrisy

Reason2succeed
08-25-2014, 03:17 PM
Sorry this is definitely Germans but either OM is as great as the media says they are and Mullen & Co. pulled off a HUGE win with a 3rd string QB or OM is OVERRATED! It can't be both. Either both SEC team from Mississippi suck or we are both good and State is better. It can't be both.

Which do you think it is? Why?

I think that OM is overrated and should be on upset alert this weekend versus a hungry Boise team that has this once chance to make some noise and get on the radar. Trust me, Harsin and Boise are going to throw the book at OM and their fat lazy players better have their heads screwed on tight or it's gonna be a long ride from Atlanta.

Jack Lambert
08-25-2014, 03:19 PM
I said it in another thread. If we had beaten Alabama or LSU we would be getting the hype.

Bully Dee Williams
08-25-2014, 03:21 PM
Well, Booger McFarland said OM deserved to win and should have won the Egg Bowl. So, it's obvious we suck and have no business being in the same state as OM.

BulldogBear
08-25-2014, 03:26 PM
C'mon R2S. It is both. It's whatever way they have to spin it in their favor.

And I say "they" because I make no distinction between the media and Ole Miss.

thf24
08-25-2014, 03:30 PM
Well, Booger McFarland said OM deserved to win and should have won the Egg Bowl. So, it's obvious we suck and have no business being in the same state as OM.

Only someone named Booger could say with a straight face that a team deserved to win a game in which they failed to score a single offensive touchdown.

msstate7
08-25-2014, 03:31 PM
Only someone named Booger could say with a straight face that a team deserved to win a game in which they failed to score a single offensive touchdown.

Yeah their only td was a gift bc Lewis didnt field punt. Really don't like Lewis returning punts

maroonmania
08-25-2014, 03:34 PM
Yeah their only td was a gift bc Lewis didnt field punt. Really don't like Lewis returning punts

Booger is a total idiot then. Not only did OM only score 3 offensive points the whole game against us they actually also had 2 additional offensive turnovers (a fumble and an interception) that the pathetic SEC officiating blew calls on and didn't even review.

Bully13
08-25-2014, 03:44 PM

Wasn't their only TD a blocked punt in our end zone?

Reason2succeed
08-25-2014, 03:56 PM
I said it in another thread. If we had beaten Alabama or LSU we would be getting the hype.

You're right. That's why it is imperative that we start by BEATING LSU IN RED STICK!!! After 115 year of football and 15 years of this streak a QB from LA with a chip on his shoulder wearing #15 is gonna end this god forsaken streak.

Dogchomp
08-25-2014, 04:04 PM

Well OM potentionally has the best cornerback in the SEC by having Antonio Connor. (potentially as in if he played that position?) But in the eyes of the media, OM beating LSU > MSU beating OM. We have to earn attention from the media, and you earn that attention by beating a big boy football team. Not by beating your in-state rival.

EAVdog
08-25-2014, 04:19 PM

The Ole Miss that lives in the minds of these writers every 'Offseason' deserves to win every game every year. OM is the perennial Offseason Champion, every damn year.

RougeDawg
08-25-2014, 04:35 PM

LSU and dumbass les beat LSU last year in Oxford, yet these media clowns can't seem to realize that. LSU was ramming the ball down Bucky's front gap when they ran the ball. Only Les would steer away from that 3 times when they got inside the Redzone. The media is forgetting Mettenberger throwing 3 picks into the endzone when LSU was going in to score. Take away one, just one, of those and run Jeremy Hill like you had been, and LSU wins. Take all the away and run the GD ball an LSU rolls easily. Les got cute and Mett had worst statistical game of LSU career.

On the flip side Mett and his two NFL WR's looked like pro bowlers against us, jumping out of the stadium to catch every ball. These few facts from 2013, combined with how we dominated the lines of scrimmage against OM are the reasons I've been saying they are grossly overrated and will slip up early to Boise, ULL or both. Paidwell lost his moncrief blanket and that OLine will not be giving BroLocks enough time to find Paidwell down field. Why does everyone think he caught so many balls last year? The quick hitch is Bro's go to throw under duress. Put pressure and he gets rid of it to either hitch. That's why we and Mizzou shut down Bucky's offense. We pressured Bro and played bump/man at line of scrimmage, with safety/LB help over top and on flats. They will get shut down much more often this year, especially if big softie can't take the heat.

Liverpooldawg
08-25-2014, 04:42 PM
Well now, they DID have more stars than we did in recruiting. Don't you know that means they deserved to win the game? ***

Coach34
08-25-2014, 04:57 PM
This is the best Ole Missus teams we have seen in our lifetimes (except Dawggeezer who has seen every Ole Missus team to ever play)

Bo Dirt is an SEC championship caliber QB- how can you not recognize that?

This is Ole Missus year to do it big. Crooms could win 9 games with all their talent. They are stacked.

msstate7
08-25-2014, 04:58 PM
Wasn't their only TD a blocked punt in our end zone?

Yes, but Lewis didnt field the punt and let it roll inside the 5. Lewis screwed that up

Johnson85
08-25-2014, 05:14 PM
Well OM potentionally has the best cornerback in the SEC by having Antonio Connor. (potentially as in if he played that position?) But in the eyes of the media, OM beating LSU > MSU beating OM. We have to earn attention from the media, and you earn that attention by beating a big boy football team. Not by beating your in-state rival.

Booger was bad as an analyst. He was good at saying whatever he was saying confidently, but there wasn't much substance to his analysis and what little substance there was, was factually incorrect. If you're only breaking down a handful teams from teh SEC on teh SEC network, I don't understand how you fail to do your homework. I will say McElroy seemed to get all his facts straight with respect to MSU. The only mistake I heard was he said he was worried about LG and RG, and I assume he misspoke and said RG instead of RT, and not that he completely failed to do his homework.

BiscuitEater
08-25-2014, 05:21 PM
I think that OM is overrated and should be on upset alert this weekend versus a hungry Boise team that has this once chance to make some noise and get on the radar. Trust me, Harsin and Boise are going to throw the book at OM and their fat lazy players better have their heads screwed on tight or it's gonna be a long ride from Atlanta.

Both VA Tech and Georgia fans saying how 'over rated' Boise State was. Think that both came in as favorites and left with L's. Some OM fans are already making some 'back-peddling excuses' about Boise spending all summer prepping for this ONE game.

Forget that smoke and mirrors reporting about new HC and coaching staff at Boise ... ONLY team they care about is OM. Now 'where' have I heard that mantra? hmmmm?

starkvegasdawg
08-25-2014, 05:29 PM
This is the best Ole Missus teams we have seen in our lifetimes (except Dawggeezer who has seen every Ole Missus team to ever play)

Bo Dirt is an SEC championship caliber QB- how can you not recognize that?

This is Ole Missus year to do it big. Crooms could win 9 games with all their talent. They are stacked.

The only thing stacked in Oxford is the sorostitutes with the implants daddy bought as a high school graduation present.

Mutt the Hoople
08-25-2014, 06:10 PM
C34, anything less than 10 wins for Ole Miss is a total, complete, utter failure, worthy only of exiting our conference and going somewhere more suited to their level like the Gulf South Conference.

RougeDawg
08-25-2014, 06:53 PM
The only thing stacked in Oxford is the sorostitutes with the implants daddy bought as a high school graduation present.

And Fancy's pockets with dime bags when he frequents the library.

JDog13
08-25-2014, 07:28 PM
Both VA Tech and Georgia fans saying how 'over rated' Boise State was. Think that both came in as favorites and left with L's. Some OM fans are already making some 'back-peddling excuses' about Boise spending all summer prepping for this ONE game.

Forget that smoke and mirrors reporting about new HC and coaching staff at Boise ... ONLY team they care about is OM. Now 'where' have I heard that mantra? hmmmm?

Yeah. The quarterback that facilitated those wins is long gone.