PDA

View Full Version : Article making fun of the Prescott hype...

CadaverDawg
08-25-2014, 02:44 PM
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/2014-preseason-heisman-watch-jameis-winston-marcus-mariota/

I guess if you're breathing you can claim to be a Sports Journalist these days.

mstatefan91
08-25-2014, 02:50 PM
"No need to justify why I don't think this guy will win. I'll just ridicule it, and people will understand."

Sports journalism is a terrible terrible business.

CadaverDawg
08-25-2014, 02:50 PM
Gotta love how they point to his stat line from last season, as if he started every game and wasn't injured during camp pre season. Absolute garbage in the sports journalism field these days.

And I just noticed his picture....the kid is 8 years old.

Bully Dee Williams
08-25-2014, 02:51 PM
The dipstick that wrote that article doesn't look old enough to even have fuzz on his peaches much less comment about big boy football. He should run along and let the big people talk.

I'm in no way saying Dak will win the Heisman, but the kid has probably never seen Dak play.

Reason2succeed
08-25-2014, 03:02 PM
It's funny he found that Dak for Heisman poster. I look up State football pretty regularly and I've NEVER seen that.

HenryGondorff
08-25-2014, 03:05 PM
I'm just impressed he was even able to come up for air long enough to write the article with how much time he spends going down on Johnny Football and Lebron
https://twitter.com/mattborcas

Radddawg
08-25-2014, 03:12 PM
The only good thing about that article is that in the Hundley writeup it took a jab at the "Snead 4 Heisman" campaign.

Jack Lambert
08-25-2014, 03:15 PM
I'm just impressed he was even able to come up for air long enough to write the article with how much time he spends going down on Johnny Football and Lebron
https://twitter.com/mattborcas

He also has to allow enough time to spit all the hair out as well.

RossDawg82
08-25-2014, 03:18 PM
That kids father must run that website

BulldogBear
08-25-2014, 03:23 PM
What Dak hype? And I'd bet a gazillion $$$$ there's some kind of backdoor connection to Ole Miss

Todd4State
08-25-2014, 03:47 PM
I see where it says that he is a contributing writer. He should contribute even less.

99jc
08-25-2014, 03:48 PM
Peterson at LSU. Let me say while he does remind me of Darren Mcfadden Let him get his Corndog ass toasted by a few Chris Jones before we hand him the Heisman. Those Numbnuts in the Bayou proclaimed Labrandon Toefield was the best ever a few years ago.

RougeDawg
08-25-2014, 09:16 PM
Gotta love how they point to his stat line from last season, as if he started every game and wasn't injured during camp pre season. Absolute garbage in the sports journalism field these days.

And I just noticed his picture....the kid is 8 years old.

I did some rough calcs on % of snaps played and I came up with Dak around 55-60%, Russell 30ish and Damien 10ish. I know those aren't exact but Dak did not play much over 60% of our offensive plays last year. Using his stats last year assuming 60% of snaps played and projecting out an entire season (playing 90% of snaps, due to big leads and mop up duty in a few games) his stats project like this: 3000 yd passing with 15 TD's, 1250 Yards Rushing with 20 TD's. That was after missing an entire spring and summer. Over 4000 total yards and 25+ TD's this year are not far fetched, if he plays the entire season. These numbers and 9+ wins should have him in the final Heisman lists.

starkvegasdawg
08-25-2014, 09:26 PM
Cut him some slack. He had to rush through that article so he could finish his social studies homework before sponge bob came on.

SDDawg
08-25-2014, 09:34 PM
It sucks to suck.

cristilmethod
08-25-2014, 09:52 PM
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/2014-preseason-heisman-watch-jameis-winston-marcus-mariota/

I guess if you're breathing you can claim to be a Sports Journalist these days.

Ah, I didn't think it was that bad.

Schultzy
08-25-2014, 10:31 PM
Sports-reference.com is a good sight and Dakota Prescott's numbers against lsu show he's a heisman candidate when you look at the rushing stats.

They know he's a bad ass and can't stand it, no one knows it better than tsun fans.

blacklistedbully
08-26-2014, 12:04 PM
The dipstick that wrote that article doesn't look old enough to even have fuzz on his peaches much less comment about big boy football. He should run along and let the big people talk.

I'm in no way saying Dak will win the Heisman, but the kid has probably never seen Dak play.

Pretty sure that's just the pic he decided to load. He's either a journalism student at Ohio State, or a recent grad. Makes it even worse, though, as a college-educated journalism student should be much, much better than that.