PDA

View Full Version : Facility Question- Holliman and Shira

YoungB
08-25-2014, 02:11 PM
Football was in Shira, then they moved to Holliman, now they have move to the Seal.

Palmiero is for Indoor Football and Baseball

Basketball has moved to Mize.

I imagine Holliman is big enough for everyone else.

Who uses Holliman? Who uses Shira? Doe we need Shira any more?

YoungB

War Machine Dawg
08-25-2014, 02:16 PM
Ummmm.......Shira has been torn down, if I'm thinking correctly. It was essentially nothing but classrooms for some sports related classes 10 years ago.

Holliman is being used by volleyball. I wish women's hoops would move to it. It would be perfect for them and a hell of an environment, as opposed to the dead atmosphere of The Hump.

Homedawg
08-25-2014, 02:18 PM
Football was in Shira, then they moved to Holliman, now they have move to the Seal.

Palmiero is for Indoor Football and Baseball

Basketball has moved to .
I imagine Holliman is big enough for everyone else.

Who uses Holliman? Who uses Shira? Doe we need Shira any more?

YoungB
Track was the benefactor of holiman.

Homedawg
08-25-2014, 02:19 PM
Ummmm.......Shira has been torn down, if I'm thinking correctly. It was essentially nothing but classrooms for some sports related classes 10 years ago.

Holliman is being used by volleyball. I wish women's hoops would move to it. It would be perfect for them and a hell of an environment, as opposed to the dead atmosphere of The Hump.

Shira is still there. I don't know what sports use it. But it's being used.

War Machine Dawg
08-25-2014, 02:21 PM
Shira is still there. I don't know what sports use it. But it's being used.

Like I said, pretty much nothing but classrooms now. It's not being used by the athletic department at all, to my knowledge. But I could be wrong.

notoriousdog
08-25-2014, 04:35 PM
Like I said, pretty much nothing but classrooms now. It's not being used by the athletic department at all, to my knowledge. But I could be wrong.

Shira is used by the athletic department for various offices and the track team. The new video production crew is house over there as well.

Homedawg
08-25-2014, 05:29 PM

Newell Grissom is used by volleyball. I assume that's what you are talking about. Holiman is the old football weight room and locker room.

DCdawg
08-25-2014, 05:42 PM
Hollimon is used by track and houses some of the athletic training staff. Also, still has an older weight room there.

War Machine Dawg
08-25-2014, 07:12 PM
Newell Grissom is used by volleyball. I assume that's what you are talking about. Holiman is the old football weight room and locker room.

You're right. Total brain fart on my end. I knew Holliman didn't sound right, but was too lazy to bother checking. WMD FAIL.