PDA

View Full Version : SEC Network Crew

TheRef
08-25-2014, 08:03 AM
The crew that will be announcing and sideline reporting for our game against USM is:

Dave Neal

Andre Ware

Laura Rutledge

Dawgface
08-25-2014, 08:05 AM
Looks like the sec nw is just a repackaging of what we already had. Just more money for all.

shoeless joe
08-25-2014, 09:26 AM
Looks like the sec nw is just a repackaging of what we already had. Just more money for all.

And I will take that.

I like Dave Neal. He's not a great announcer but he isn't the worst and he is synonymous with SEC football.

TrapGame
08-25-2014, 09:51 AM
Andre has been very fair toward MSU and he was high on Dak that season.

CadaverDawg
08-25-2014, 09:58 AM
I like Neal and Ware. They will finally have some good production around them, so they will probably seem surprisingly better. The old JP games were just a poor all around production, which made the announcers seem worse because they were in the middle of it. As long as the other Dave is gone, I'm good with it.

War Machine Dawg
08-25-2014, 11:24 AM
I don't mind Neal, but I'm surprised they're putting him in prime time. He doesn't have that type of talent. Andre Ware made me want to jab sharpened pencils in my ear during the UPig game last year. He didn't have a single damn clue about our team and obviously hadn't done his homework. He kept talking about Milton like he was our 2nd string RB when he had barely played in 6 weeks. A quick glance at the stats, which should've been right in front of him, could've told him that. Just awful. As for the sideline chick, so long as she's hot, no one will really care one way or the other.

FlabLoser
08-25-2014, 11:36 AM
I'd take Dave Neal over Brent Musburger.

Musburger has no tie at all to the SEC. I don't know who decided he needed to be a premier SEC broadcaster. Musburger's manufactured enthusiasm is dull.

Bring back Ron Franklin!

CadaverDawg
08-25-2014, 11:37 AM
I cannot stand Musberger

War Machine Dawg
08-25-2014, 11:41 AM
I'd take Dave Neal over Brent Musburger.

Musburger has no tie at all to the SEC. I don't know who decided he needed to be a premier SEC broadcaster. Musburger's manufactured enthusiasm is dull.

Bring back Ron Franklin!

Completely agree. Free Ron Franklin!!!

Bullmutt
08-25-2014, 02:25 PM
Although I've never cared enough to check it out, I decided the first time I ever saw Musburger do a game that he had likely never played a down of football in his life. I'm probably wrong, but I'd need proof to believe otherwise.

GulfCoastDawg
08-25-2014, 02:45 PM
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Use to be McKeeman.

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/wennpic/laura-mckeeman-2013-miss-america-final-competition-02.jpg

War Machine Dawg
08-25-2014, 03:18 PM
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Use to be McKeeman.

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/wennpic/laura-mckeeman-2013-miss-america-final-competition-02.jpg

Dayum!!!! That's some serious talent.

BulldogBear
08-25-2014, 03:21 PM
Need some vbookie odds on how many times we are referred to as the Rebels or Ole Miss

IMissJack
08-25-2014, 09:11 PM
Heck yes. I know Franklin is a Reb, but he was very good. Just couldn't keep his mouth shut at staff meetings apparently. I don't see why he shouldn't get a second chance if Harold Reynolds did.

War Machine Dawg
08-25-2014, 10:05 PM
Heck yes. I know Franklin is a Reb, but he was very good. Just couldn't keep his mouth shut at staff meetings apparently. I don't see why he shouldn't get a second chance if Harold Reynolds did.

No, he screwed up on air twice. First time he called that fat, stupid bitch Holly Rowe "honey." Don't remember who was involved in the second incident, but it was along the same lines. Just totally ridiculous stuff that the PC crowd gets bent out of shape about nowadays. Franklin is from an older generation and didn't mean anything by it. That should be accounted for, but the PC crowd can't comprehend nuance like that.

FlabLoser
08-25-2014, 10:29 PM
Herbie has had names like that for Erin Andrews. Guess its cute when he does it.

IMissJack
08-25-2014, 10:32 PM
See meeting incident attached:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/post/ESPN-fires-announcer-for-calling-female-colleagu?urn=top-303299

deltadawg99
08-26-2014, 03:42 AM
Craig James and Matt Millen have been the worst commentators in recent memory

Drugdog
08-26-2014, 07:40 AM
Craig James and Matt Millen have been the worst commentators in recent memory

So true. My middle name is Rutledge, so I'm all in with Laura.