PDA

View Full Version : Hearty congrats to Ole Miss on their first Georgia Dome appearance!

PassInterference
08-25-2014, 07:34 AM
This was happening roughly 22 years ago.

http://www.brasfieldgorrie.com/wp-content/uploads/imported/Ga-Dome-2-main-578x325.jpg

In fact, when the Boise - Ole Miss game kicks off that stadium will be 9 days short of exactly 22 years old.

And it will be the Ole Miss Rebels first appearance in the Georgia Dome. Ole Miss has never played in a Peach Bowl at the Georgia Dome. Ole Miss has never played in a SEC Championship football game. Thursday's Boise State game will be Ole Miss's first football appearance of any kind in the Georgia Dome.

But they finally made some kind of game there, so congrats! Glad they finally made it. That building only has 2 years of college football left due to construction of the New Atlanta Stadium.

Here's a picture of the Georgia Dome in case you rebels need to know what it looks like. As you can see, its more of a tent than a dome. But, whatever.

http://media.komonews.com/images/120901_georgia_dome_660.jpg

Courtesy of Google Maps, I give you Rebel readers these directions...

Oxford, MS
Get on US-78 E in Sherman from MS-6 E/US-278 E and MS-9 N
43.5 mi / 42 min
Follow US-78 E, I-22 and I-20 E to Windsor St SW in Atlanta. Take exit 56B from I-20 E
286 mi / 4 h 6 min
Take Spring St SW and Centennial Olympic Park Dr NW to Andrew Young International Blvd NW
1.5 mi / 5 min

Turn left onto Windsor St SW
0.1 mi

Continue onto Spring St SW
This road is closed in winter.
0.8 mi

Turn left onto Marietta St NW
423 ft

Take the 1st left onto Centennial Olympic Park Dr NW
0.3 mi

Turn right onto Andrew Young International Blvd NW
0.1 mi

Georgia Dome
1 Georgia Dome Dr NW, Atlanta, GA 30313

Political Hack
08-25-2014, 08:09 AM
hahahahahaha.

that's professional grade trolling right there. 1 trip in 22 years doesn't bode well for their likelihood of returning any time soon. They may very well only play in the building 1 time... ever. And it's a kickoff game.

Gen. Grant
08-25-2014, 08:17 AM
Very Nice!

starkvegasdawg
08-25-2014, 08:18 AM
Isn't this Boise State's second trip there?

TrapGame
08-25-2014, 08:19 AM
Classic!

elitedawgs
08-25-2014, 09:35 AM
Golden

ShotgunDawg
08-25-2014, 09:39 AM
YEAH BUT WE PLAYED IN THE SEC BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT AT THE GEORGIA DOME. LOLOLOLOLOL****GOTCHA

maroonmania
08-25-2014, 09:40 AM
Wow, I really didn't realize they had NEVER been to play in Atlanta's Georgia Dome EVER. Well, on the positive side they are well versed in everything relating to Shreveport.

CadaverDawg
08-25-2014, 09:45 AM
http://laslow.net/reactiongifs/Batch01/bravo.gif

Well done, PI

gtowndawg
08-25-2014, 09:49 AM
More pathetic than even I realized.

P.S. They should feel at home there considering the dome basically has a big white hood on top of it.

huffy
08-25-2014, 09:56 AM

P.S. They should feel at home there considering the dome basically has a big white hood on top of it.

http://www.spursdynasty.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/spurs2.gif

FlabLoser
08-25-2014, 10:01 AM
Lost in the discussion - Ole Miss might NEVER win a game in the Georgia Dome.

War Machine Dawg
08-25-2014, 11:26 AM
http://i.imgur.com/RSCcYCh.gif

BiscuitEater
08-25-2014, 01:48 PM
they don't get there much.

On OM Scout Insiders board ... this beauty ...

OM fan: Is Boise in the SEC? No!
It will be an interesting game for sure. It should be hot and humid and a HUGE fired up Rebel crowd.
Bring the A game, Boise Boys!

BSU fan: I could be wrong, but isn't this game being played in the Georgia Dome? If I understand the purpose
of a dome correctly, it is to allow for climate control. Unless the Chick-fil-A folks are into roasting
more than chicken, I'd imagine the players should be in for perfect field conditions!

Jack Lambert
08-25-2014, 01:52 PM

Good One!

My question is this. Will Ole Miss fans be alowed to bring Rebel Flags and will the band play fast dixie?

DownwardDawg
08-25-2014, 01:53 PM

It will be an interesting game for sure. It should be hot and humid and a HUGE fired up Rebel crowd.

BSU fan: I could be wrong, but isn't this game being played in the Georgia Dome? If I understand the purpose
of a dome correctly, it is to allow for climate control. Unless the Chick-fil-A folks are into roasting
more than chicken, I'd imagine the players should be in for perfect field conditions!

Hahaha!!!

Esmerelda Villalobos
08-25-2014, 01:54 PM
I fully expect Mutt to extend the bears a laurel and a hardy handshake.

CadaverDawg
08-25-2014, 01:58 PM

Haha, dumbasses

War Machine Dawg
08-25-2014, 02:12 PM

That Harvard of the South Education is paying off.***

messageboardsuperhero
08-25-2014, 02:20 PM

Based on what I've heard, it won't be such a "HUGE" Rebel crowd... Aren't they going to tarp off the upper decks? I read that somewhere.

Mutt the Hoople
08-25-2014, 06:02 PM
I fully expect Mutt to extend the bears a laurel and a hardy handshake.
I don't hate Ole Miss....I love Ole Miss. However, I'm concerned. They've had the greatest recruiting classes since the 1974 Pittsburgh Steelers, yet they've woefully underperformed. I think the reason is that, deep down, they know they don't belong in a major Conference like the SEC, with major power teams like Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Mississippi State, Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee. Knowing your place is a good thing to have, and they deserve one in the Southland Conference.

Apoplectic
08-25-2014, 07:53 PM
For the lurkers -

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=cheap+chandeliers&tbm=shop