PDA

View Full Version : Ref, I'm looking at early forecast for Saturday.....

Bucky Dog
08-24-2014, 07:02 PM
And it is showing 80% chance of t-storms in Starkville. I know there is time for this to change about half a dozen times but tell me we aren't going to get dumped on!

TheRef
08-24-2014, 07:08 PM
And it is showing 80% chance of t-storms in Starkville. I know there is time for this to change about half a dozen times but tell me we aren't going to get dumped on!

NWS is only showing a 20% chance for rain....who are you getting your forecast from? TWC?

woozman
08-24-2014, 07:20 PM
NWS is only showing a 20% chance for rain....who are you getting your forecast from? TWC?

Was about to ask the same after I checked the NWS. Shows 20% Saturday and 20% Saturday night.

Jacksondevildog
08-24-2014, 07:22 PM

WeatherBug has had anything from 80% to 20% for the last couple of days. Now it has pushed rain into Sunday. Hope that forecast continues.

TheRef
08-24-2014, 07:23 PM
WeatherBug has had anything from 80% to 20% for the last couple of days. Now it has pushed rain into Sunday. Hope that forecast continues.

I'll keep everyone updated on the weather situation. I've got your back, guys.

rabbitthedawg
08-24-2014, 07:42 PM
Used to watch The Weather Channel, but they don't do weather any more...screw em...especially Kelly Cass...lol

TheRef
08-24-2014, 07:44 PM
Used to watch The Weather Channel, but they don't do weather any more...screw em...especially Kelly Cass...lol

If you want to see them talking about some in-depth weather stuff, tune in on Sunday mornings for "WxGeeks". They have the former President of the American Meteorological Society on and they basically go in-depth with guests about recent happenings, major events, etc. and teach you some Meteorological terms in the process. Even most Mets are enjoying the show because of how in-depth they go.

jbjones
08-24-2014, 07:47 PM
If you want to see them talking about some in-depth weather stuff, tune in on Sunday mornings for "WxGeeks". They have the former President of the American Meteorological Society on and they basically go in-depth with guests about recent happenings, major events, etc. and teach you some Meteorological terms in the process. Even most Mets are enjoying the show because of how in-depth they go.

Awesome, thanks Ref. I've been watching Wnation for quite some time now, and have totally forgotten about TWC. Good info, thanks again.

TheRef
08-24-2014, 07:50 PM
Awesome, thanks Ref. I've been watching Wnation for quite some time now, and have totally forgotten about TWC. Good info, thanks again.

If you see an on-air Meteorologist by the name of Thomas Geboy on WNation, he just graduated from MSU with his degree.

Bucky Dog
08-24-2014, 08:11 PM
Yeah it is TWC.

TheRef
08-24-2014, 08:15 PM
Yeah it is TWC.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Like I said, I'll keep everyone updated on the weather situation and I'll have my full forecast up on Thursday.