Political Hack
08-24-2014, 01:10 PM
I like the Bain-esq face mask.

IMissJack
08-24-2014, 01:18 PM
Keep this...

BiscuitEater
08-24-2014, 01:33 PM
And, no white paint strip down the middle to screw it up ... best seen to date.

smootness
08-24-2014, 01:45 PM
Nice. This looks like the facemask McKinney has been wearing in practice.

War Machine Dawg
08-24-2014, 01:47 PM
Bad. Ass. No f'n white helmet stripe to make it look like ass. Dammit, can we just wear the USM game unis all season? Everyone loves them, so of course that means we'll revert to wearing the aTm clone shit the rest of the year. Can't do anything the fans might like.

Statefan
08-24-2014, 02:32 PM
Bad. Ass. No f'n white helmet stripe to make it look like ass. Dammit, can we just wear the USM game unis all season? Everyone loves them, so of course that means we'll revert to wearing the aTm clone shit the rest of the year. Can't do anything the fans might like.

This is what I can't understand... All of fans agree that this uniform is the one we have all been wanting for sometime now. Yet, the AD is probably going to revert to the much maligned ones from the second week on. I just don't get it

DanDority
08-24-2014, 02:35 PM
This is what I can't understand... All of fans agree that this uniform is the one we have all been wanting for sometime now. Yet, the AD is probably going to revert to the much maligned ones from the second week on. I just don't get it

Well, he just needs a reminder of who he works for!

Reason2succeed
08-24-2014, 02:46 PM
85 players of different sizes times 15 games (see what I did there) = a bunch of unis that must be ordered BEFORE the season = Maybe next year!

Statefan
08-24-2014, 02:54 PM
85 players of different sizes times 15 games (see what I did there) = a bunch of unis that must be ordered BEFORE the season = Maybe next year!

I wish but don't forget we have several gold egg bowl jerseys as well as the snow bowl jerseys, gray pants, matte helmets and bulldog logo helmets in maroon and white

Dawgface
08-24-2014, 03:05 PM
I like it. But doubt we keep it.

scottycameron
08-24-2014, 03:10 PM
I like it! Looks traditional, and doesn't look like somebody was trying too hard. Nice and classic.
The one thing I would change is the facemask, never liked the potato masher look (looks like the crap kimdeechee wears) and I've never been a huge fan of white facemasks. White seems to make them look fat and plastic for some reason. But no big deal, still a great helmet. Take that and put our real logo on there (interlocking MSU) and we'd be set.

NCDawg
08-24-2014, 03:14 PM
I agree that this is the preferred helmet for the majority of State fans. Very strange that our AD doesn't seem to realize that.

Reason2succeed
08-24-2014, 03:21 PM
I know I'm in the minority but I like the white snow bowl helmet with the bulldog on the side.

Todd4State
08-24-2014, 03:27 PM
I agree that this is the preferred helmet for the majority of State fans. Very strange that our AD doesn't seem to realize that.

They'll tell us that the players all really like the one we all think looks like crap. That or the ones that look like crap are much more comfortable.

Todd4State
08-24-2014, 03:29 PM
I know I'm in the minority but I like the white snow bowl helmet with the bulldog on the side.

I think the Snow Bowl helmet and uniform was a good alternate uniform. It was just ruined by the fact that it celebrated an Independence Bowl win which I'm not sure I would rank in our top 10 in football history.

War Machine Dawg
08-24-2014, 03:34 PM
They'll tell us that the players all really like the one we all think looks like crap. That or the ones that look like crap are much more comfortable.

Yep. It amazes me how we've grown in spite of our administration at times. You think they'd listen at least a little bit. But that isn't the MSU GOB way.

archdog
08-24-2014, 03:40 PM
Yep. It amazes me how we've grown in spite of our administration at times. You think they'd listen at least a little bit. But that isn't the MSU GOB way.

We have been discussing this uniform for 3 years. I beleive the AD knows 85% of the fans prefer the new uni versus our usual. If it doesn't change for next year, then you know the ADs office doesn't Get it.

DragonDawgZ
08-24-2014, 03:48 PM
These helmets with usm game unis with players names on back instead of hail state and call it a day.

archdog
08-24-2014, 03:48 PM
I wonder if they took off the weird tramp stamp MState logo on the hip?

coastratdog
08-24-2014, 03:58 PM
Getting close.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bv0mnqCCEAAnEfS.jpg

This is the helmet for as long as CDM is here.

Todd4State
08-24-2014, 04:52 PM

I don't know if it was an accident or not, but the best/smartest thing that ever happened uniform wise was when the logos for the 2009 uniforms were leaked.

It may have ruined the "surprise" factor, but it also prevented any potential backlash. At least that way if the uniforms looked horrible, they could be changed.

Because I think/suspect what happens is Adidas will come up with something and the AD will think it looks good or Adidas will convince them that it looks good (AssTros baseball uniforms/crap that we wore in the SEC baseball tournament) and then we get stuck with it for a year probably because of contracts and agreements and legal stuff. And then we people ask them what the hell they were thinking we get the party line excuses.

That's just good marketing. Put your product out there for a sample group (MSU message board posters) and see how they like it or don't like for a sample audience and then see how they respond.

Todd4State
08-24-2014, 04:54 PM
We have been discussing this uniform for 3 years. I beleive the AD knows 85% of the fans prefer the new uni versus our usual. If it doesn't change for next year, then you know the ADs office doesn't Get it.

Yeah- but they probably have to let the contract expire before they change it I bet.

NCDawg
08-24-2014, 05:42 PM
Yeah- but they probably have to let the contract expire before they change it I bet.

I doubt that's the case. I heard Stricklin say one time that he disapproved of what Adidas sent us and they took it back. He could probably say the same thing now, but won't. My opinion is that he likes all the stripes on the uniforms and they will stay, regardless of what the fans want.

preachermatt83
08-24-2014, 08:20 PM
I am def in the minority here but I honestly think that uniforms are one thing that is not for the fans and should be determined by the team and staff, not the fans. I don't care what we think looks good... I care what the kids think looks good.

CadaverDawg
08-24-2014, 08:34 PM
I am def in the minority here but I honestly think that uniforms are one thing that is not for the fans and should be determined by the team and staff, not the fans. I don't care what we think looks good... I care what the kids think looks good.

Yes and no. Kids like different and new....and there may be some vocal players about uni's, but for the most part I doubt they say much negative to the coaches when they are handed new gear. So yes, I want the players to love them more than I do...but they can love them without them making us look like we have a SWAC budget

gravedigger
08-24-2014, 08:43 PM
Oddly enough the team had on jerseys that had the big single shoulder stripe like last year, which I was hoping we were dumping.

chef dixon
08-24-2014, 08:48 PM
The uniforms saying "Hail State" or "Bulldogs" is stupid, its like we ordered them from some Chinese whole-sale. Put some version of Mississippi State on the front and names on the back.

HoopsDawg
08-24-2014, 09:00 PM

When our new uniforms were revealed to the players, the ones with the awful stripes, the players just sat there and said ok, ok. Quite a different reaction than some schools who get good unis. In other words, no one likes the fkn stripes.