08-24-2014, 10:59 AM
What is it?

TheRef
08-24-2014, 11:00 AM
White-out game

scottycameron
08-24-2014, 11:34 AM
White-out game

Ha, please tell that was a joke. I have not heard that anywhere and I pray you're trying to get a rise out of folks. the "whiteout" is gayer than hell. Looks like 60,000 nurses got together.

TheRef
08-24-2014, 11:37 AM
Ha, please tell that was a joke. I have not heard that anywhere and I pray you're trying to get a rise out of folks. the "whiteout" is gayer than hell. Looks like 60,000 nurses got together.

No I'm serious. It's a white-out game. Was originally a True Maroon game, but due to the possibility of very high temperatures throughout the day, the athletic and marketing departments decided to change it to a white-out game. Makes sense. We don't need a repeat of last year's season opener where an ambulance is constantly running back and forth from DWS to OCH with dehydration and heat-stroke patients.

scottycameron
08-24-2014, 11:53 AM
geez, maybe they still have time to change their mind. I wish they would quit trying so hard. So I guess maroon makes people go to the hospital now. Maybe we will get sued for choosing maroon as our school color and purposefully trying to kill people. We could get some rain to cool it off, but no, if it rains we can't play football these days. Somebody in the crowd might drown? Maybe we could just build a hospital inside the stadium. We already got everybody dressed up in nurse gear. You could get your medical treatments from exposure to the elements while watching the Dawgs destroy USM.
Definitely a new age in college football.

DudyDawg
08-24-2014, 11:59 AM
What the hell are you talking about

Steakonastick
08-24-2014, 12:01 PM
If we are gonna do a white out game it should be the first one. Chances are it's the hottest game and the only game women won't bitch about wearing it since it's before Labor Day.

Nothing will ever beat the whiteout vs lsu in 09. Left the game madder then hell cause we could not score on 4 plays. But then the heavens opened up and the junction was a large wet tshirt contest.

Majority of schools pick a color and tell theirs fans to wear it. We just have white as a primary color.

TheRef
08-24-2014, 12:02 PM
geez, maybe they still have time to change their mind. I wish they would quit trying so hard. So I guess maroon makes people go to the hospital now. Maybe we will get sued for choosing maroon as our school color and purposefully trying to kill people. We could get some rain to cool it off, but no, if it rains we can't play football these days. Somebody in the crowd might drown? Maybe we could just build a hospital inside the stadium. We already got everybody dressed up in nurse gear. You could get your medical treatments from exposure to the elements while watching the Dawgs destroy USM.

Dude....you need to calm down about this. It's the University's responsibility to try and keep the people inside the stadium safe. Dark colors (maroon) absorb heat instead of reflect heat. When your clothes are absorbing heat, you get overheated quicker. This is simple albedo science. White=less heat absorbed in clothes=less likelihood of heat stroke to occur with fans. We get that you don't like the attempts by the University to make the stadium look unified. You can wear shit brown and I wouldn't care. Most of your average fans enjoy being able to look ahead and say "Okay...I won't be a sore thumb if I wear this color to the game."

Take about 5 minutes off of your soap box and think about this in a responsible manner.

TheRef
08-24-2014, 12:13 PM
What the hell are you talking about

scotty doesn't understand common sense that the University used. That's about it.

scottycameron
08-24-2014, 12:46 PM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/About/General/2009/6/18/1245349046385/Wham-George-Michael-001.jpg

Can't wait for saturday, gonna be a rocking good time.

TheRef
08-24-2014, 12:51 PM
Can't wait for saturday, gonna be a rocking good time.

I'm sure you think Happy Valley looks like a bunch of nurses too when they do their white-outs.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-XQ0_FIWlOMM/TnC6I6mKSJI/AAAAAAAADa4/D6HpeRZ48iw/s1600/NYC_0003.jpg

DownwardDawg
08-24-2014, 01:01 PM
I'm sure you think Happy Valley looks like a bunch of nurses too when they do their white-outs.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-XQ0_FIWlOMM/TnC6I6mKSJI/AAAAAAAADa4/D6HpeRZ48iw/s1600/NYC_0003.jpg

Most awesome site in football. Maybe someday our dubmass fans will understand and we can look like this on tv. I doubt it though. "It's like playin cards with my brothers kids."

defiantdog
08-24-2014, 01:06 PM

http://k2_texags.homestead.com/files/2011/BaylorGame12thMan.JPG

They don't look like a bunch of nurses.

ScottH
08-24-2014, 01:10 PM
Dark colors (maroon) absorb heat instead of reflect heat. When your clothes are absorbing heat, you get overheated quicker. This is simple albedo science. White=less heat absorbed in clothes=less likelihood of heat stroke to occur with fans.

Using this sound logic, shouldn't the UAB game be white also instead of the announced maroon?

scottycameron
08-24-2014, 01:11 PM
wow. I didn't know Wham sold out stadiums that big. Probably had Frankie goes to Hollywood as the opening act. Relax.

TheRef
08-24-2014, 01:14 PM
Using this sound logic, shouldn't the UAB game be white also instead of the announced maroon?

Depends on what the temperatures will be that week. That decision can be made around Monday or so. All model indications right now are that it is going to be HOT before and to kickoff. Smart move, IMO.

bluelightstar
08-24-2014, 01:31 PM
Wow, we really will complain about ANYTHING.

scottycameron
08-24-2014, 01:48 PM
Depends on what the temperatures will be that week. That decision can be made around Monday or so. All model indications right now are that it is going to be HOT before and to kickoff. Smart move, IMO.

yeah, my models indicate that too. Glad I got the models, summer in Mississippi - who knew it would be hot? Back when I was in school we weren't smart enough to figure out the white tshirt reflection science yet. Lucky for us that was before it got hot down here. We probably would have all died at the first game, maroon shirts and all. This may be a stupid question, but has somebody told our players about this white dark thing? They are gonna be pissed.

DudyDawg
08-24-2014, 02:00 PM
You're complaining about us wearing one of our two main school colors to a ball game? Wow

scottycameron
08-24-2014, 02:07 PM
You're complaining about us wearing one of our two main school colors to a ball game? Wow

Alright, I guess you have a good point with that. I'll go along with the crowd. We don't have to wear white pants too, do we? If so, I'm gonna have to change once I'm in the stadium, no way in hell I wear that faggy **** in the junction, sorry. I might as well go to oxfart for their opener against boise if I'm sportin' white britches.

Steakonastick
08-24-2014, 02:23 PM
They are not changing the colors by the weather. The colors are printed on tickets, schedules, etc.

scottycameron
08-24-2014, 02:35 PM
They are not changing the colors by the weather. The colors are printed on tickets, schedules, etc.

I bet they have the very advanced models to track the heat way in the future.

War Machine Dawg
08-24-2014, 03:28 PM

Alright, I guess you have a good point with that. I'll go along with the crowd. We don't have to wear white pants too, do we? If so, I'm gonna have to change once I'm in the stadium, no way in hell I wear that faggy **** in the junction, sorry. I might as well go to oxfart for their opener against boise if I'm sportin' white britches.

http://i.imgur.com/tMyyOIB.gif

http://i.imgur.com/ElMQg59.gif

scottycameron
08-24-2014, 06:09 PM
http://i.imgur.com/tMyyOIB.gif

http://i.imgur.com/ElMQg59.gif

Excellent, WMD! Great gifs especially the bottom one of me left-right bitch slapping the white pants crowd on here, LOL. White tshirt? -whack!!! white pants? -whack!!! Love it, dude! I may even do it at the game saturday.

War Machine Dawg
08-24-2014, 06:46 PM
Excellent, WMD! Great gifs especially the bottom one of me left-right bitch slapping the white pants crowd on here, LOL. White tshirt? -whack!!! white pants? -whack!!! Love it, dude! I may even do it at the game saturday.

Shirley you aren't that stupid. Wait, never mind. I know you are. Hey mods, it's time:

http://i.imgur.com/Zz5kJVY.gif