PDA

View Full Version : New PA announcer

starkvegasdawg
08-24-2014, 08:03 AM
Read on the other site where our pa announcer recently had open heart surgery so there would be someone new doing the games. With the new stadium renovation and the 100 year anniversary, how awesome would it be to have Jack do the pa for the USM game? I think the place would register on the Richter scale as soon as he said "Welcome to DWS".

Dawgfan77
08-24-2014, 08:48 AM
Jack was a radio guy not a pa guy. I loved jack he is part of my childhood in the fall growing up on MS football but he is not a pa guy.

Schultzy
08-24-2014, 09:07 AM
Wouldn't mind a Hank Flick cameo.

ScoobaDawg
08-24-2014, 09:16 AM
It would never happen... but

http://www.comm.msstate.edu/about/directory/flick/flick.jpg

Schultzy
08-24-2014, 09:20 AM
Why not?

Maroons
08-24-2014, 09:23 AM
Flick is not a football voice, and just because he used to do it doesn't mean he should again.

starkvegasdawg
08-24-2014, 09:25 AM
Jack was a radio guy not a pa guy. I loved jack he is part of my childhood in the fall growing up on MS football but he is not a pa guy.

I admit it wouldn't be a "how to" for being a pa announcer, but as a one time event with all the pomp and circumstance surrounding this opening game I think it would be great. Kind of staggering when you consider that this is our 100 year anniversary and he called over half of those games. I don't care if all he did was sit up there and blow cigarette smoke into the microphone. I'd love to have him up there for the USM game.

PassInterference
08-24-2014, 09:26 AM
I'd like to see him bring his basketball style PA stuff to football.

ScoobaDawg
08-24-2014, 09:34 AM
I admit it wouldn't be a "how to" for being a pa announcer, but as a one time event with all the pomp and circumstance surrounding this opening game I think it would be great. Kind of staggering when you consider that this is our 100 year anniversary and he called over half of those games. I don't care if all he did was sit up there and blow cigarette smoke into the microphone. I'd love to have him up there for the USM game.

Oh i have no doubt god willing he is able, he will be in attendance. That's gonna be a big game. But just no to the idea. We all love Jack to death..but it was time and the product would not be good.

Hank will never be back in that booth i suspect due to the way he left that booth.

Schultzy
08-24-2014, 09:37 AM
I'd like to see him bring his basketball style PA stuff to football.

Me too. The only problem I ever had with Flick was he talked a little too much during a series of downs but outside of that he was good.
He would be the perfect choice IMO at least for one season. Who else could they even get?

defiantdog
08-24-2014, 10:24 AM
I remember taking a small group class with that tie perfectionist. Flick would be great, but he's the type that wants to be the voice of all athletics. If he does football, he'll want to be the voice for basketball, track, etc. I think that's one reason why him and Byrnes had their falling out. Would be nice to have Flick at least do the opener with USM.