PDA

View Full Version : Staley and Hoyett redshirting.

Leroy Jenkins
08-23-2014, 12:03 PM
They each tweeted it a little while ago. No surprise.

Political Hack
08-23-2014, 12:05 PM
good. Save Staley's year. no point in wasting a while year of him for limited touches.

codeDawg
08-23-2014, 12:14 PM
good. Save Staley's year. no point in wasting a while year of him for limited touches.

Absolutely. I think his ceiling is the highest of any of the guys behind Dak. Let him mature with all the coaching we have available now so he can be productive for 4 full years.

Saltydog
08-23-2014, 12:15 PM
nt

SDDawg
08-23-2014, 12:16 PM
He gonna hoop it up this year? Anyone have a feel for that?

Dawg61
08-23-2014, 12:30 PM
He gonna hoop it up this year? Anyone have a feel for that?

He's listed on the basketball roster at http://www.hailstate.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=16800&SPID=10994&SPSID=90867

so is Bear Wilson

SDDawg
08-23-2014, 12:33 PM
I was pretty sure Bear was done with hoops so that's interesting on both fronts. Sounds like Elijah definitely practices and plays hoops this year.

Dawg61
08-23-2014, 12:49 PM
I was pretty sure Bear was done with hoops so that's interesting on both fronts. Sounds like Elijah definitely practices and plays hoops this year.

I am not opposed to a beefed up Mr. Alabama pulling down some boards for us. I am alone in this though.

Todd4State
08-23-2014, 12:58 PM
Fitzgerald being number three isn't surprising since he enrolled early.

engie
08-23-2014, 01:09 PM
Fitzgerald is going to redshirt too IMO. I doubt we play a #3 until #1 and #2 gets dinged. Much like we initially intended to RS Williams last year. We might play him since it's pointless to have 2 similar QBs in the same class though...

Coach34
08-23-2014, 01:32 PM
I bet we play Fitz some- don't want 2 QB's in same class

as far as Staley- he will still be with the football team until January- so don't count on him playing a game until mid to late Jan

mic
08-23-2014, 04:21 PM
Fitz will play some... No need to redshirt 2 QB's with 2 more coming in next year..
Need to get Fitz ready for this year if he is needed...

starkvegasdawg
08-23-2014, 04:29 PM
Saw on SPS that Aeris is red shirting to. Said coaches gave him the option of seeing a few snaps or RS and he took the RS.

preachermatt83
08-23-2014, 04:40 PM
Saw on SPS that Aeris is red shirting to. Said coaches gave him the option of seeing a few snaps or RS and he took the RS.

I cant say that I like RS a running back. that will mean we have a TON of freshmen on scholly at the RB position next year. Gibson and Murphy are both very very good too.

smootness
08-23-2014, 04:56 PM
I cant say that I like RS a running back. that will mean we have a TON of freshmen on scholly at the RB position next year. Gibson and Murphy are both very very good too.

Someone will change positions. And they'll redshirt as well.

defiantdog
08-23-2014, 05:13 PM
Aeris will redshirt unless one of the other 3 go down. That gives us Lee (most likely redshirting) and Williams redshirting. We lose Griffin after this year. So we'll potentially have Robinson, Shumpert, Williams, Lee, Gibson, Thomas, and Murphy next year (all true running backs). Don't forget Dear, Mixon, and Holloway will be in the backfield some as well in the future. This is a good problem to have, but damn we are going to have a ton rbs.

smootness
08-23-2014, 05:19 PM
Thomas may not end up coming, and Lee and Murphy are both candidates to switch to D.

MetEdDawg
08-23-2014, 05:38 PM
Aeris will redshirt unless one of the other 3 go down. That gives us Lee (most likely redshirting) and Williams redshirting. We lose Griffin after this year. So we'll potentially have Robinson, Shumpert, Williams, Lee, Gibson, Thomas, and Murphy next year (all true running backs). Don't forget Dear, Mixon, and Holloway will be in the backfield some as well in the future. This is a good problem to have, but damn we are going to have a ton rbs.

I guess I'm surprised with what we've been hearing out of practice about how good he has been doing. With Griffin leaving and Shumpert going possibly more of a FB/HB role, I'm surprised we won't give Aeris enough reps to make it worth him not to RS. Interested to see how we handle our RB situation the next few years. Lot of different types of bodies that will be at our disposal so it will be a juggling act for sure.

smootness
08-23-2014, 05:42 PM
I guess I'm surprised with what we've been hearing out of practice about how good he has been doing. With Griffin leaving and Shumpert going possibly more of a FB/HB role, I'm surprised we won't give Aeris enough reps to make it worth him not to RS. Interested to see how we handle our RB situation the next few years. Lot of different types of bodies that will be at our disposal so it will be a juggling act for sure.

Shumpert will not be going into more of a FB role, at least not long-term. That was completely fabricated by fans. The fact that we're able to redshirt him is an extremely good sign for that position, IMO.

MetEdDawg
08-23-2014, 06:05 PM
Shumpert will not be going into more of a FB role, at least not long-term. That was completely fabricated by fans. The fact that we're able to redshirt him is an extremely good sign for that position, IMO.

I totally agree. It means that J Rob, Griffin, and Shumpert will be able to do almost all of what we need them to do. We will be tough to stop if we can utilize three different RBs in our offense and there not be a noticeable drop off between them.

mic
08-23-2014, 06:58 PM
Thomas may not end up coming, and Lee and Murphy are both candidates to switch to D.

Thomas is a Dec grad... I think that is a very good sign he remains a bulldog..

MetEdDawg
08-23-2014, 08:28 PM
Thomas is a Dec grad... I think that is a very good sign he remains a bulldog..

I think according to him on his twitter he won't be a December grad anymore. Said it wasn't possible for him to do it after all. Think he said that last week sometime but I do remember him saying that it doesn't change anything and that he will still be a Bulldog, he will just have to wait a little longer.

jumbo
08-24-2014, 07:02 AM
I think according to him on his twitter he won't be a December grad anymore. Said it wasn't possible for him to do it after all. Think he said that last week sometime but I do remember him saying that it doesn't change anything and that he will still be a Bulldog, he will just have to wait a little longer.

Dedrick Thomas is. Kentavious Thomas is not.