PDA

View Full Version : Hailstate.com Ticket Office......

Cowbells
08-22-2014, 03:58 PM
Anybody know what's up with buying tickets online? I can't seem to access the online ticket office anymore.

ScoobaDawg
08-22-2014, 03:59 PM
Its still down? Its been down for a couple days or so it was reported when the student part went down and then it was found out to be all.

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-22-2014, 04:03 PM
Its still down? Its been down for a couple days or so it was reported when the student part went down and then it was found out to be all.
Allowing all the students to get tickets at the exact same time wasn't the best idea..

TheRef
08-22-2014, 04:06 PM
Allowing all the students to get tickets at the exact same time wasn't the best idea..

My thoughts exactly. Should have done it by classification (Senior, Junior, etc.)

Offshore Dawg
08-22-2014, 06:16 PM
How many more tickets need to be sold for the first game to be a "sell out".

Political Hack
08-22-2014, 06:34 PM
something's up...

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
08-22-2014, 07:31 PM
I just pulled it up without any trouble.

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
08-22-2014, 07:39 PM
How many more tickets need to be sold for the first game to be a "sell out".

Just played around on the website scrolling over each section.
I'm assuming most if not all lower level seats are gone.
On the West side upper deck, 6 of 13 sections are sold out.
On the East side upper deck, 3 of 12 sections are sold out.

Something interesting/confusing: when you scroll over the student sections (10 - 17) it shows a negative number of seats available. Makes you wonder if the ticket office didn't have a screw up and over-sell the student allotment.

CadaverDawg
08-22-2014, 07:40 PM
something's up...

http://dummidumbwit.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/vrwcblackhelicopters1.jpg

preachermatt83
08-22-2014, 07:42 PM
something's up...

nobody want's to believe it though.

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-22-2014, 07:53 PM
Just played around on the website scrolling over each section.
I'm assuming most if not all lower level seats are gone.
On the West side upper deck, 6 of 13 sections are sold out.
On the East side upper deck, 3 of 12 sections are sold out.

Something interesting/confusing: when you scroll over the student sections (10 - 17) it shows a negative number of seats available. Makes you wonder if the ticket office didn't have a screw up and over-sell the student allotment.

Those numbers were negative on the 18th when I tried to get my tickets, which was the first day students with a Hail State athletics account could order them. The rest of the students could do it on the 20th, so I highly doubt they over-sold. However I placed my order on the 18th at around noon and it would only ever say it was a "pending order". I'm beginning to think those negative numbers could have been the reason for that. A glitch in the system or something of the sort saying that there were no student tickets remaining.

mstatefan91
08-22-2014, 08:34 PM
The reason the tickets were a pending order is because they aren't going to be billed until November 20th.

Also, they didn't oversell the student section. The ticketing period was not open long enough for it to be possible.

And no they are not moving scoreboard club ticket holders into the student section. What a crock of crap! The scoreboard seating is done

mstatefan91
08-22-2014, 08:39 PM
It is also now available again. Don't know why they haven't announced it yet

Political Hack
08-22-2014, 09:23 PM
yes. black helicopters are also "up." Good job Cadaver.

any of y'all ever flown in one?

I have. they're real.

mstatefan91
08-22-2014, 09:27 PM
Sometimes I feel like this is our entire board.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jpVm59Q7Xb0/Ru5twUNgtSI/AAAAAAAABCU/p7daIIlecZI/s320/Z+tin_foil_hats3_2.jpg

Political Hack
08-22-2014, 09:30 PM
Sometimes I feel like this is our entire board.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jpVm59Q7Xb0/Ru5twUNgtSI/AAAAAAAABCU/p7daIIlecZI/s320/Z+tin_foil_hats3_2.jpg

I know, right.***

everything is exactly what it seems because no one would ever project a misperception to save their own ass. thanks for the funny lesson.

mstatefan91
08-22-2014, 09:34 PM
I know, right.***

everything is exactly what it seems because no one would ever project a misperception to save their own ass. thanks for the funny lesson.

When you start thinking that an institution would do that, even though all of the seating is already done, then yes you are grasping at straws to find something out of the ordinary with something that happens all the time.

News flash. Servers get overloaded all of the time.

Also, nice job ignoring my post about the website/ticketing service being available again.

Political Hack
08-22-2014, 09:43 PM
didn't know it was available again. good news. things like this happen. remember the Obamacare website going down when those extra 7,000 people needed tickets?

to deny the possibility of "gamesmanship" is closed minded. To assume it happened requires a tin foil hat. To suggest that anything is possible and to examine the issue is practical.

mstatefan91
08-22-2014, 09:53 PM
didn't know it was available again. good news. things like this happen. remember the Obamacare website going down when those extra 7,000 people needed tickets?

to deny the possibility of "gamesmanship" is closed minded. To assume it happened requires a tin foil hat. To suggest that anything is possible and to examine the issue is practical.
It's certainly possible, however; in this case, it was completely implausible. The seating was done. There was no reasonable answer other than the system got overloaded or something similar.

Offshore Dawg
08-23-2014, 07:49 AM
yes. black helicopters are also "up." Good job Cadaver.

any of y'all ever flown in one?

I have. they're real.

I think over the last 35 years I have flown in almost every type but black military.

Cowbells
08-23-2014, 11:17 AM
I've been keeping up with the first game available seats through the ticket office. There are 641 seats still available as of Saturday morning---- 9 on the entire west side, 14 on lower east, and the rest in the east upper deck, mostly in the end sections. That being said, I don't understand why there are several sections that show seats available, yet when you go there, none show up.

Sellout?? I'm thinking yes......unless there are available seats that don't show up when you click on it.