PDA

View Full Version : I just ran into a couple of Bosie State..

Liverpooldawg
08-22-2014, 01:18 PM
fans at Shiloh NMP. They were on their way to the game. They didn't sound too confident. Rightly so in my opinion. I wished them luck and told them we would be pulling for them.

Bully041184
08-22-2014, 01:22 PM
I don't know much about Boise...is it really suppose to be that bad for them? What's the line? Work has those sites blocked.

ETA: Looked it up on my phone. 9. I personal hope Boise St gives them hell.

msstate7
08-22-2014, 02:04 PM
If you were a BSU fan and all you've seen/read is OM hype, would you be confident?

I'm sure Oregon fans would be worried if they didn't know but what they seen/heard

Covercorner2
08-22-2014, 02:08 PM
They must watch espn

RougeDawg
08-22-2014, 02:18 PM
Boise may not be the BCS buster they were but they return a good but of experience. Pretty much entire okive and SR QB all coming back. They are picked to win their conference and should result in some nice sized splinters for Bucky to gnaw on. Don't be surprised if Boise wins. They may not have the depth to make a full SEC season, but they've shown how well they can play in games like this when they have more than one week to prepare. This game is their SuperBowl. Let's just hope they play like it.

DawgHouseUnited
08-22-2014, 02:29 PM
fans at Shiloh NMP. They were on their way to the game. They didn't sound too confident. Rightly so in my opinion. I wished them luck and told them we would be pulling for them.

Shiloh's round my neck of the woods. Used to ride my bike around there a lot.

justwin
08-22-2014, 02:34 PM
It'll be closer than people think. In the spirit of informative info:

HC: Harsin is Peterson, but 10-12 years younger, and long time BSU guy. He was the OC during their run with Kellen Moore. Left for Texas 3 years ago for a payday to be OC and saved Mack's job. Mack won 5 games and Harsin helped him win 8 & 9 games for 2 years. Had no help from defense ~ Diaz. Then, went to be HC at Ark state where he won 8 games. Now, he's coming home and bringing back the same playcalling that they were so successful with. Expect him to counter Bucky's gimmicks with several of his own.

QB: Returnign their senior dual threat QB who threw 16td/5 ints in a part time role last year. gritty, local kid, smart decisions, etc
WR: Return their top 2 WRs who each caught 77 balls last year. 77 each. One is the outside guy @ 6'3 and the other is a shorter shiftier slot guy. Those 2 combined for 17-18 tds
RB: Return their offensive bellcow in a 6"1 215 power back from Texas. Ran for 1,400 yards and 17-18 tds last year

Biggest thing is their DL though. http://www.idahostatesman.com/2014/08/16/3327424/quantity-quality.html
They return 19 D-Lineman. So, tons of bodies and guys who are in shape and relentless. This is going to be the key as they should be able to get penetration.

I think they also return an all conference DB or two.

I'm not sure about their OL, but I do think OM's DL is vastly overrated so it shouldn't be that much of a difference.

msstate7
08-22-2014, 02:46 PM
It'll be closer than people think. In the spirit of informative info:

HC: Harsin is Peterson, but 10-12 years younger, and long time BSU guy. He was the OC during their run with Kellen Moore. Left for Texas 3 years ago for a payday to be OC and saved Mack's job. Mack won 5 games and Harsin helped him win 8 & 9 games for 2 years. Had no help from defense ~ Diaz. Then, went to be HC at Ark state where he won 8 games. Now, he's coming home and bringing back the same playcalling that they were so successful with. Expect him to counter Bucky's gimmicks with several of his own.

QB: Returnign their senior dual threat QB who threw 16td/5 ints in a part time role last year. gritty, local kid, smart decisions, etc
WR: Return their top 2 WRs who each caught 77 balls last year. 77 each. One is the outside guy @ 6'3 and the other is a shorter shiftier slot guy. Those 2 combined for 17-18 tds
RB: Return their offensive bellcow in a 6"1 215 power back from Texas. Ran for 1,400 yards and 17-18 tds last year

Biggest thing is their DL though. http://www.idahostatesman.com/2014/08/16/3327424/quantity-quality.html
They return 19 D-Lineman. So, tons of bodies and guys who are in shape and relentless. This is going to be the key as they should be able to get penetration.

I'm not sure about their OL, but I do think OM's DL is vastly overrated so it shouldn't be that much of a difference.

Good info. Expect lots of misdirection from boise

Dawg61
08-22-2014, 02:52 PM
Boise still Boise and Boise has more wins than everybody else the last 10 years.

codeDawg
08-22-2014, 03:16 PM
Boise may not be the BCS buster they were but they return a good but of experience. Pretty much entire okive and SR QB all coming back. They are picked to win their conference and should result in some nice sized splinters for Bucky to gnaw on. Don't be surprised if Boise wins. They may not have the depth to make a full SEC season, but they've shown how well they can play in games like this when they have more than one week to prepare. This game is their SuperBowl. Let's just hope they play like it.

I doubt it is going to happen, but what a gut punch that would be to start the season.

dawgs
08-22-2014, 03:28 PM
Boise returns 15 or 16 starters (last year they returned 9), and most predictions have them getting back to double digit Ws. I understand their fans are down losing Peterson, but the new HC was his former right hand man, so the system isn't gonna change drastically.

I'd be fairly surprised if Boise and/or the rajun Cajuns (2nd most experienced team returning in the country) aren't in position to beat ole miss.

engie
08-22-2014, 03:30 PM
This is the most talented OM team of my lifetime. 8 preseason All-SEC performers. They should beat Boise by 21+ and anything less would be a huge disappointment. Looking forward to them packing out the Ga Dome in what's basically a home game for them...

GreenheadDawg
08-22-2014, 03:35 PM
This is the most talented OM team of my lifetime. 8 preseason All-SEC performers. They should beat Boise by 21+ and anything less would be a huge disappointment. Looking forward to them packing out the Ga Dome in what's basically a home game for them...

I think most of the OM apologist stay over at sixpack. Maybe you should join them

engie
08-22-2014, 04:12 PM
I think most of the OM apologist stay over at sixpack. Maybe you should join them

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxm401HWJO1r14hyao1_500.gif

GreenheadDawg
08-22-2014, 04:17 PM
Victory red is that you? It's been kinda hard to tell you apart lately.. With both of you taking up for OM every chance you get

bulldawg28
08-22-2014, 04:21 PM

I disagree. This team couldn't stand the rain against Eli's rebels. This team is all fluff from sportswriters. I'll believe they're decent when they beat someone with a pulse.

GreenheadDawg
08-22-2014, 04:23 PM
I disagree. This team couldn't stand the rain against Eli's rebels. This team is all fluff from sportswriters. I'll believe they're decent when they beat someone with a pulse.

Blasphemy! Engie sayz they gots 8 all-'mercians!!1!

engie
08-22-2014, 04:34 PM

Eli was a great player on an average team. They beat top 10 LSU last year. Obviously, most talented OM team of the past 30 years. No excuse not to win 11 after the bowl...

RiverCityDawg
08-22-2014, 04:34 PM
Victory red is that you? It's been kinda hard to tell you apart lately.. With both of you taking up for OM every chance you get

Pretty sure he's just overfeeding the hype machine so they fall harder when they come up short of expectations.

engie
08-22-2014, 04:39 PM
Pretty sure he's just overfeeding the hype machine so they fall harder when they come up short of expectations.

Haven't you heard -- I'm wictowy wed to the wescue1!1!!

I can't believe that we have people that actually need this stuff spelled out for them on public boards...thus marginalizing the impact from the punchline.

They've closed the upper deck in the Ga Dome for that game. It's going to be a ghost town in there. That part should have been a dead give-away.

Pollodawg
08-22-2014, 04:46 PM

I can't believe that we have people that actually need this stuff spelled out for them on public boards...thus marginalizing the impact from the punchline.

They've closed the upper deck in the Ga Dome for that game. It's going to be a ghost town in there. That part should have been a dead give-away.

Well, that joke went to shit quick. lol

bulldawg28
08-22-2014, 06:02 PM
Dammit

I seen it dawg
08-22-2014, 08:11 PM

Dude

Mutt the Hoople
08-22-2014, 08:20 PM
Boise State 45, Girlsie State 31

Vancleave
08-22-2014, 08:57 PM

This is a fair assessment. This is as much talent as I have ever seen for them. That being said I would be surprised if they won more than 8 games. If we can somehow match there intensity and pull off the egg bowl at there place, this would be a nail in the coffin. The fan base would turn on Buckey and they would spiral IMO. Golden opportunity we have to bury them this year if things go our way.

I seen it dawg
08-22-2014, 09:38 PM
We want beaver bitch to stay forever

Dawg61
08-22-2014, 09:42 PM

Did the Georgia Dome get a groooooove for all of UMiss to hang out at?

Maroons
08-22-2014, 10:22 PM

That D was very mediocre last year - like 75th in the country if my memory is correct.

NashDawgMan
08-22-2014, 11:56 PM

Surely you sense the sarcasm...

RougeDawg
08-23-2014, 01:37 AM

Jesus H., most talented? Based on what? Class rankings or on field performance. If you take results and experience, they are not the most talented OM team ever. Keep star gazing.....

RougeDawg
08-23-2014, 01:43 AM
Eli was a great player on an average team. They beat top 10 LSU last year. Obviously, most talented OM team of the past 30 years. No excuse not to win 11 after the bowl...

I'm going to give you the benefit of doubt and assume you didn't watch OM play LSU. If you had watched you would have clearly seen, like the blind man in club level, that LSU should have won by 20+ points. Mett threw 3, let me repeat 3, picks into the endzone when LSU was about to score. OM won by three. 3.... 3. I hope you can perform the simple math to see how bad OM should have lost that one. Mett had his worst game of his collegiate career, yet you see OM as giant killers because of it. I'm seriously debating if you are just writing this stupid shit to get responses. No way a logical thinking human who watched that game and OM last year, could say this is the most talented OM team. Lay off the shrooms.

engie
08-23-2014, 07:25 AM
Jesus H., most talented? Based on what? Class rankings or on field performance. If you take results and experience, they are not the most talented OM team ever. Keep star gazing.....

Holy.Shit.

If I ever doubted us having the dumbest fanbase in America -- this thread has restored my faith.

engie
08-23-2014, 07:25 AM
I'm going to give you the benefit of doubt and assume you didn't watch OM play LSU. If you had watched you would have clearly seen, like the blind man in club level, that LSU should have won by 20+ points. Mett threw 3, let me repeat 3, picks into the endzone when LSU was about to score. OM won by three. 3.... 3. I hope you can perform the simple math to see how bad OM should have lost that one. Mett had his worst game of his collegiate career, yet you see OM as giant killers because of it. I'm seriously debating if you are just writing this stupid shit to get responses. No way a logical thinking human who watched that game and OM last year, could say this is the most talented OM team. Lay off the shrooms.

Lulz

UMCDawg16
08-23-2014, 07:42 AM
Lulz

I don't know what's funny, Rouge is right.

engie
08-23-2014, 08:32 AM

The fact that it was spelled out for you THREE TIMES in this very thread -- and you are still too dumb to get it. And then too cocky in your stupidity to go back and edit after having it spelled out for you by multiple posters including myself.

Statefan
08-23-2014, 09:25 AM
Come on guys, what engie is saying is pretty clear

Mississippi has one of the most talented rosters this state has ever seen. Preseason all Americans at every position, 5 star recruits being relegated to the bench in favor of other five star recruits, the next Brett Favre in Bo Wallace. Not to mention Treadwell and the brothers Nkemdiche have kept Saban and Miles up for weeks -- even the OBC can't sleep thinking about the eventual matchup in Atlanta.

I could coach that team to 11 wins with all the talent they have... But they have an offensive maestro in Freeze who will score 40 ppg and a salty defense that will shut everyone else down

It sure would be disappointing if he only won less than 10 this year. A unimaginable tragedy really with all that talent and depth and superior coaching. Especially if they lose to us for the 5th time in 6th years...

Noxdog
08-23-2014, 09:46 AM
This thread is pure gold. Engine trolls hard and several take it hook, line & sinker! Statefan adds the capper.

Everyone is so quick to ask for bannings, so how about banning those who have no sense of sarcasm? Seriously, this board needs to install a sarcasm meter for the sarcastically challenged.

Come on guys, what engie is saying is pretty clear

Mississippi has one of the most talented rosters this state has ever seen. Preseason all Americans at every position, 5 star recruits being relegated to the bench in favor of other five star recruits, the next Brett Favre in Bo Wallace. Not to mention Treadwell and the brothers Nkemdiche have kept Saban and Miles up for weeks -- even the OBC can't sleep thinking about the eventual matchup in Atlanta.

I could coach that team to 11 wins with all the talent they have... But they have an offensive maestro in Freeze who will score 40 ppg and a salty defense that will shut everyone else down

It sure would be disappointing if he only won less than 10 this year. A unimaginable tragedy really with all that talent and depth and superior coaching. Especially if they lose to us for the 5th time in 6th years...

Coach34
08-23-2014, 11:29 AM
I think the speed Ole Missus has- especially on that turf- will give Boise problems. Boise is going to get behind- they need to stay patient and keep being physical. They can wear down Ole Missus if they stay patient.

But it this is the most talented Ole Missus team I've evahhh seen- so it will probably be a blowout

UMCDawg16
08-23-2014, 12:30 PM
The fact that it was spelled out for you THREE TIMES in this very thread -- and you are still too dumb to get it. And then too cocky in your stupidity to go back and edit after having it spelled out for you by multiple posters including myself.

Get defensive much? And wtf is your deal? Attacking people for no reason. Get a life kid. So someone disagrees with you? Big deal. Get over it and stop acting like a child.

UMCDawg16
08-23-2014, 12:36 PM

And when I said Rouge is right, I'm referring to the fact that Met GAVE OM the game. Not that OM isn't talented. The issue for OM is depth, not top-end talent.

BulldogDX55
08-23-2014, 12:37 PM
Blasphemy! Engie sayz they gots 8 all-'mercians!!1!

Get defensive much? And wtf is your deal? Attacking people for no reason. Get a life kid. So someone disagrees with you? Big deal. Get over it and stop acting like a child.

And when I said Rouge is right, I'm referring to the fact that Met GAVE OM the game. Not that OM isn't talented. The issue for OM is depth, not top-end talent.

Look at all of these people who are incapable of detecting obvious sarcasm. Engie was right about us having the dumbest fans.

Dawg61
08-23-2014, 12:38 PM
Some of you spend way too much time in your daily lives talking to UMiss fans. I would try to limit that as much as possible. 2c

UMCDawg16
08-23-2014, 12:39 PM
Look at all of these people who are incapable of detecting obvious sarcasm. Engie was right about us having the dumbest fans.

Good post.

RougeDawg
08-23-2014, 12:42 PM
Holy.Shit.

If I ever doubted us having the dumbest fanbase in America -- this thread has restored my faith.

Holy shit, if they are that talented and the greatest of all time, why didn't they run us off the field last year, when we had all of our best lesser talented players playing??? Oh wait, we had our 3rd string true Freshman playing QB and held their mighty offense to 3 points. Mizzou (undertalented also) held those bitches in check also. Keep looking at stars and not actual results.

UMCDawg16
08-23-2014, 12:45 PM

This post was clearly sarcasm.

Dawg61
08-23-2014, 12:45 PM

How can y'all expect people to detect the sarcasm without the asterisks? I knew he was but I am also familiar with Engie's posting habits/style/personality. If you don't want people to get confused when you're being sarcastic use asterisks. When you don't and they do get confused and then you blast them for being an idiot. Well you're just being an asshole at that point. People aren't mind readers. They can only read what you put and take it for what it says as being what you meant and not sarcasm. Expecting people to detect your sarcasm is being quite cun+y imo. Now that said I am guilty of this myself so don't throw stones in a glass house myself included. When you don't use asterisks you have taken away your right to call people stupid because it's fu@king stupid to expect people to detect your sarcasm without them.

engie
08-23-2014, 12:52 PM
Holy shit, if they are that talented and the greatest of all time, why didn't they run us off the field last year, when we had all of our best lesser talented players playing??? Oh wait, we had our 3rd string true Freshman playing QB and held their mighty offense to 3 points. Mizzou (undertalented also) held those bitches in check also. Keep looking at stars and not actual results.

HOLY HELL.

BulldogDX55
08-23-2014, 12:53 PM

Wow. You still don't get it.

How can y'all expect people to detect the sarcasm without the asterisks? I knew he was but I am also familiar with Engie's posting habits/style/personality. If you don't want people to get confused when you're being sarcastic use asterisks. When you don't and they do get confused and then you blast them for being an idiot. Well you're just being an asshole at that point. People aren't mind readers. They can only read what you put and take it for what it says as being what you meant and not sarcasm. Expecting people to detect your sarcasm is being quite cun+y imo. Now that said I am guilty of this myself so don't throw stones in a glass house myself included. When you don't use asterisks you have taken away your right to call people stupid because it's fu@king stupid to expect people to detect your sarcasm without them.

Sometimes it is just so obvious.

I mean, consider the nature of this board. Would anyone here, anyone at all, heap that much praise on them? They'll be a pretty good team and have a handful of great players, but no one here believes that they will be world beaters, much less challenge for the west crown. When it is that obvious, you really have no excuse.

Look at these posts

Do you think that anyone who posts on ED would actually believe this? While we are not the frothing Jim Jones-esque lunatics that the OM boards portray us as, we certainly have no love for Ole Miss and none of us think that they are a double digit win team. Even those who are leaning in that direction because they are stuck in the poor ole missy state mindset, they don't ever do it with any enthusiasm.

Good post.

You were included in that.

Nope. I am pretty sure he was calling the lot of you dumb.

engie
08-23-2014, 12:53 PM

No. That post was for real. The ones you idiots are still arguing against were the sarcasm...

Here's the deal. This board was formed to allow MSU people to post/discuss things between themselves. It was also formed to help them THINK for themselves by allowing MSU fans to set their own perception. This was necessary because FAR too many MSU fans allow "OM fans" to set their perception of MSU for them. As long as this continues on any level whatsoever -- we are eternally their BITCH no matter how many times we beat them.

So -- what is more advantageous for MSU -- pointing to OM's "reality" which is very similar to ours and in which they likely reach their goals again and consider themselves still on the path to eventually destroy us thus staying on the high horse. Or playing into the hype -- helping them believe it, when they only need a LITTLE push for this in general -- and then watching them jump from the cliff and quit on another coach when reality hits? You tell me.

If I put sarcasterisks -- that makes the sarcasm obvious to EVERYONE -- and doesn't allow the post to have it's desired effect. I had hoped ELITEdawgs were smart enough to see what I was doing and reason through the goal -- but obviously it was a gross overestimation.

UMCDawg16
08-23-2014, 12:54 PM

Thank you.

UMCDawg16
08-23-2014, 01:00 PM
Delete.

UMCDawg16
08-23-2014, 01:06 PM
Wow. You still don't get it.

Sometimes it is just so obvious.

I mean, consider the nature of this board. Would anyone here, anyone at all, heap that much praise on them? They'll be a pretty good team and have a handful of great players, but no one here believes that they will be world beaters, much less challenge for the west crown. When it is that obvious, you really have no excuse.

Look at these posts

Do you think that anyone who posts on ED would actually believe this? While we are not the frothing Jim Jones-esque lunatics that the OM boards portray us as, we certainly have no love for Ole Miss and none of us think that they are a double digit win team. Even those who are leaning in that direction because they are stuck in the poor ole missy state mindset, they don't ever do it with any enthusiasm.

You were included in that.

Nope. I am pretty sure he was calling the lot of you dumb.

I was being sarcastic. The joke is on you. See how that works?

UMCDawg16
08-23-2014, 01:11 PM
No. That post was for real. The ones you idiots are still arguing against were the sarcasm...

Here's the deal. This board was formed to allow MSU people to post/discuss things between themselves. It was also formed to help them THINK for themselves by allowing MSU fans to set their own perception. This was necessary because FAR too many MSU fans allow "OM fans" to set their perception of MSU for them. As long as this continues on any level whatsoever -- we are eternally their BITCH no matter how many times we beat them.

So -- what is more advantageous for MSU -- pointing to OM's "reality" which is very similar to ours and in which they likely reach their goals again and consider themselves still on the path to eventually destroy us thus staying on the high horse. Or playing into the hype -- helping them believe it, when they only need a LITTLE push for this in general -- and then watching them jump from the cliff and quit on another coach when reality hits? You tell me.

If I put sarcasterisks -- that makes the sarcasm obvious to EVERYONE -- and doesn't allow the post to have it's desired effect. I had hoped ELITEdawgs were smart enough to see what I was doing and reason through the goal -- but obviously it was a gross overestimation.

I knew it wasn't sarcastic. That's why I responded the way I did. I'm glad you got that out of your system.