PDA

View Full Version : Armstrong DHing again in the 9-hole...

engie
05-21-2013, 06:27 PM
CLEARLY Cohen is seeing something that the rest of us are not in practice or elsewhere...

Lineup otherwise exactly as expected.

CadaverDawg
05-21-2013, 06:47 PM
CLEARLY Cohen is seeing something that the rest of us are not in practice or elsewhere...

Lineup otherwise exactly as expected.

I just dont get it. Why not give Flair a shot if you're just going with a RH bat? We are basically giving away outs with Armstrong. But, Mizzou is the type of team that Armstrong will get a few hits against, and it will pencil him into the lineup for our Regional unfortunately.

Cohen's "matchups" should be an "SEC Storied" episode. Frustrating as hell.

theloungeinleft
05-21-2013, 06:54 PM

This would possibly clear up a lot of confusion...possibly.

Coach34
05-21-2013, 07:15 PM
I just dont get it. Why not give Flair a shot if you're just going with a RH bat?

You dont pump someone into the line-up that hasnt had a live AB since it was Winter...it's been 2 months- Flair isnt going to play another inning this season

Will James
05-21-2013, 07:23 PM
Porter or Slauter. That's it. That's the list

Homedawg
05-21-2013, 07:24 PM
You dont pump someone into the line-up that hasnt had a live AB since it was Winter...it's been 2 months- Flair isnt going to play another inning this season

Or ever again here. Juco bound

CadaverDawg
05-21-2013, 07:24 PM

Coach, I'm not saying give Flair a chance TONIGHT, I'm talking about giving him a chance to prove himself this season so we would have more than 1 RH hitter to choose from as a DH. I don't expect Flair to play at State ever again period...and that's where my frustration comes from.

Homedawg
05-21-2013, 07:25 PM
I just dont get it. Why not give Flair a shot if you're just going with a RH bat? We are basically giving away outs with Armstrong. But, Mizzou is the type of team that Armstrong will get a few hits against, and it will pencil him into the lineup for our Regional unfortunately.

While I don't like Armstrong anymore than you, his matchups and frustration have led us to 40 reg season wins.

CadaverDawg
05-21-2013, 07:27 PM
While I don't like Armstrong anymore than you, his matchups and frustration have led us to 40 reg season wins.

Yep. Which is why despite the occasional frustration, I am a huge Cohen fan.

gravedigger
05-21-2013, 07:46 PM
got to get some kind of stop here. Cannot get behind this early against a team this weak.

Todd4State
05-22-2013, 01:34 AM
If Slauter were healthy, I'm pretty sure he would be the RH DH.