PDA

View Full Version : Lack of preseason accolades and respect

RC3
08-22-2014, 09:45 AM
Every few hours there is a thread about how this hack journalist failed to mention us. Or failed to mention Dak or bmac, Comparing us to the ole miss hype, etc.

let it go!!

We don't have any respect right now and that's fine. We are going to have to earn it and that's fine. Sure I think a lot of these preseason lists are missing the mark but I'm not gonna get upset about it. Season starts in 8 days. Handle our business this year and it will all come. Chill out. We are ms state. We don't care about winning a press conference or pre season awards. We want to win on the field. That is ALL that matters to us

grinnindawg
08-22-2014, 09:47 AM
Amen.

UMCDawg16
08-22-2014, 09:48 AM
Preseason articles and hype/rankings are part of what college football message boards are all about. I get what you're saying though.

GreenheadDawg
08-22-2014, 09:58 AM
I really don't have a problem with the disrespect towards us from the media because anyone who knows anything about the team knows how good we will be. The problem I have is the unwarranted hype and respect for OM. That's what chaps my ass

fishwater99
08-22-2014, 10:15 AM
How many Top 25 teams will we beat this year?

TheRef
08-22-2014, 10:18 AM

Not this again......

RC3
08-22-2014, 10:38 AM
I really don't have a problem with the disrespect towards us from the media because anyone who knows anything about the team knows how good we will be. The problem I have is the unwarranted hype and respect for OM. That's what chaps my ass

my point is, dont let it get to you. Doesn't matter one bit. In fact, you can even look at it like this: the higher they are ranked, the further they are going to fall. You can take even more pleasure in that. I am just tired of seeing "ol misss got this accolade, or kimdechee is on this list, and we aren't...booohooo...who cares?? lets just go out there and kick as much ass as possible and the respect will come

msstate7
08-22-2014, 11:05 AM
I get that everyone seems to be disrespecting us, but we're coming off as a bunch of crybabies. Did Missouri and auburn get preseason hype last year? No, but they came out and took it. It's 8 days till we can do the same. Think everyone here would be better off enjoying HS football and the braves (haha) and cut off the sec network and don't read papers or websites.

ScoobaDawg
08-22-2014, 11:08 AM
We arent getting the respect because we havent proved anything yet. Time to put on the pads and get to 3-0 and then lets talk about some respect.

ShotgunDawg
08-22-2014, 11:11 AM
What has Ole Miss proved?

Cabo32
08-22-2014, 11:17 AM
Hahaha...this is RC3 is talking about. Just let it go already

Dawgfan77
08-22-2014, 11:34 AM
This is my beef as well. They beat lsu granted but it was thanks to mettenburger channeling his inner mike Henig. Watching OM last year I didn't see a top 25 team and knowing the players and coaches I don't think they will be better this year

mstatefan91
08-22-2014, 11:35 AM

Nothing but who gives a flying fuk? They won't be in any kind of national discussion at the end of the season.

Let them continue to circle jerk over stupid chit like pre-season rankings. Meanwhile, let's take care of business and be 3-0 when we head in to Baton Rouge.

LC Dawg
08-22-2014, 11:48 AM
It's one week before college football season and the only thing going on about college football is the media is talking about it. When the media talks about it people on message boards talk about what the media talks about. The only way to prevent men from doing this is to throw a party with free hookers and alcohol and they will forget about football for maybe a few minutes.
Everybody needs to go watch some high school football this weekend. That should help with the football cravings a little but next week is going to be a loooooong week.

tcdog70
08-22-2014, 11:51 AM
Quit worrying about the Dog-Assed Rebels. who gives a shit what some dim-wit with an internet blog says. When we go out and knock someone's dick in their watchpocket and win some games that matter we will have plenty of respect. go beat the snot out of the mustard buzzards and that will be a good start.

defiantdog
08-22-2014, 11:57 AM

They beat LSU

Dog316
08-22-2014, 11:58 AM
[QUOTE=RC3;230639]Every few hours there is a thread about how this hack journalist failed to mention us. Or failed to mention Dak or bmac, Comparing us to the ole miss hype, etc.

let it go!!

So, what you do is bring it up again and start another thread! Take your own advice, "let it go!".

ScoobaDawg
08-22-2014, 12:08 PM

They beat LSU last year. Do they deserve the hype they are getting. Not likely as they will choke as usual and be a bust. But thats what the media remembers.
We havent done that. All our team hype is on potential. Is it right ? Not really but the media favors past results and as others have mentioned we have burned them several times.

Westdawg
08-22-2014, 12:34 PM

fish, i will call your stank water, and raise you 10 pounds of wool........... 3.....that's right, THREE.

RC3
08-22-2014, 12:38 PM
I'm just saying. Our fanbase is coming off as whiny little brother with all of these threads. Let's just shut up And prove it on the field

msstate7
08-22-2014, 12:38 PM
I'm just saying. Our fanbase is coming off as whiny little brother with all of these threads. Let's just shut up And prove it on the field

I agree

LiterallyPolice
08-22-2014, 01:12 PM

I agree. I don't see the point of giving ANY credence to preseason predictions, polls, or the like. Who cares where they have us ranked? Who cares where they have UM ranked? Lucky for us we have an entire football season in which actual games are played to determine how good everyone is.

LiterallyPolice
08-22-2014, 01:16 PM

Also... I don't have a problem with people discussing all the preseason rankings, etc. There is just a way to discuss it without being so sad/defensive. Some folks on this board act like our football program is going to collapse because some talking head ranked our LB corp 3rd instead of 2nd.