PDA

View Full Version : Barrett Sallee: Biggest Douche in the Universe (SEC West Final Predictions)

Lloyd Christmas
08-21-2014, 03:19 PM
Full Link HERE (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2169686-complete-predictions-for-every-sec-west-team-in-2014). The rest is below:

6. Mississippi State Bulldogs

Most Important Storyline: Getting Over the Hump

The chic pick to make some noise in the SEC West, Mississippi State returns a small village from the team that won two straight to make a bowl game last year and then ran Rice out of the Liberty Bowl to finish 7-6.

The defense returns 19 of 22 players on its two-deep including monster defensive tackle Chris Jones, quarterback Dak Prescott returns in his first full season as the starting quarterback and Jameon Lewis is the leading returning receiver in the SEC.

That continuity is great, but will it translate to more signature wins for head coach Dan Mullen? Mullen told me this spring that he recognizes how big of a leap that "next step" truly is.

"In the SEC West is that, in the last five seasons, six SEC West teams have competed for the national championship," he said. "A lot of times, the next step is 'hey, we've built a program as a consistent winner; now let's go win a conference championship.' In the SEC West, you skip that step."

Biggest Question Mark: Stretching the Field

There aren't many question marks for these Bulldogs, but if there is one, it's the ability for Prescott to be able to stretch the field.

He was awesome in place of Tyler Russell last year, but he was more known for his running ability and efficiency in the intermediate passing game. His 7.3 yards per attempt placed him 10th in the SEC in yards per attempt among quarterbacks who attempted 15 or more passes per game.

If he can stretch the field vertically and develop a connection deep, it will open more room for Lewis to shine in the slot and for running back Josh Robinson to shine on the ground. That will open up Mullen's offense even more than it already is, which will allow Mississippi State to stay versatile if it gets down in big games.

Toughest Game: at Alabama on Nov. 15

Road trips to Alabama are no fun, and Mississippi State will travel to Tuscaloosa on Nov. 15. It's late in the season, when depth will be challenged, and the fourth of a six-game stretch to close the season for the Bulldogs.

MVP: Quarterback Dak Prescott

Prescott is the heart and soul of the Bulldogs, and if they're going to succeed this year, it'll be on the back of their dark-horse Heisman candidate. He isn't Tim Tebow, but he can do a lot of the things that Tebow did while Mullen was the offensive coordinator at Florida. He's had a full offseason as the unquestioned starter in the system, which will pay huge dividends for the offense.

Prediction: 7-5 (3-5 SEC), Birmingham Bowl

Mississippi State will be competitive in many of its big SEC games, but it won't take the next step and either compete for the division or have an impact on the division's outcome. Losses to LSU, Texas A&M, Auburn, Alabama and Ole Miss won't sit well, but Mullen will still have the program going in the right direction. It just won't take a gigantic leap this year.

Someone be sure to bookmark this shit for season's end.

TrapGame
08-21-2014, 03:29 PM
I can't stand that bastard and change the station every time Bo has him on. He's right 50% of the time and thinks he's a college football guru.

ScoobaDawg
08-21-2014, 03:31 PM
I didnt have a problem with it until the Prediction part and how he wrote it up...

Oh well..just got to prove it on the field. For the first time under Mullen... thats why you cant really get mad... when its true even though we believe STRONGLY this is the year it changes.

codeDawg
08-21-2014, 03:31 PM
Clicking that link only feeds a very hungry troll.

Lloyd Christmas
08-21-2014, 03:41 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/mc7k1v.jpg

08-21-2014, 03:42 PM
Clicking that link only feeds a very hungry troll.

Thank you for pointing this out and thank you Lloyd for the copy/paste.

TrapGame
08-21-2014, 03:50 PM
So, to quote Sallee about Dak: He's had a full offseason as the unquestioned starter in the system, which will pay huge dividends for the offense.

But we end up 7-5? So, the dividends are THAT huge huh?

And he skipped the impact the defense will have on this season. It was yada,yada...returning starters...yada,yada....Chris Jones...and that's it!

hailmari
08-21-2014, 03:52 PM
I listened to him talk on BSR recently and he sounded like someone who obviously only goes by what he sees on the surface. He has no clue what the coaches have developed. All he talked about was the lack of "top tier talent" (star ratings).

DudyDawg
08-21-2014, 03:54 PM
I put about less than 0 stock into anything he "reports"

Tdawg
08-21-2014, 03:59 PM
Full Link HERE (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2169686-complete-predictions-for-every-sec-west-team-in-2014). The rest is below:

Someone be sure to bookmark this shit for season's end.

Jesus--I just looked through the rest of his picks. If he can say, with a straight face and his credibility on the line, that Auburn is going to go 11-1 versus the schedule they have, with the losses to graduation and injury that they've suffered, then that tells me all I need to know about the credibility of this article. Auburn has to play 6 of the top 7 non-Auburn teams in the SEC--and 4 of those are on the road. They only get to play 1 of the "bottom 4" and they have a road game versus a KState teams that's not bad.

As for MSU, I'm sorry, but it will take a royal bed-shitting, or an injury to Dak for us to win less than 8 games this season.

joedog
08-21-2014, 04:05 PM
http://s12.postimg.org/yeqqlxkct/barrett.jpg

MarketingBully01
08-21-2014, 04:05 PM
Jesus--I just looked through the rest of his picks. If he can say, with a straight face and his credibility on the line, that Auburn is going to go 11-1 versus the schedule they have, with the losses to graduation and injury that they've suffered, then that tells me all I need to know about the credibility of this article. Auburn has to play 6 of the top 7 non-Auburn teams in the SEC--and 4 of those are on the road. They only get to play 1 of the "bottom 4" and they have a road game versus a KState teams that's not bad.

As for MSU, I'm sorry, but it will take a royal bed-shitting, or an injury to Dak for us to win less than 8 games this season.

Agreed, they will at the very least lose 3 games. To us, Alabama, and Georgia. He is as big an Aubue homer as there is.

Homedawg
08-21-2014, 04:06 PM
I think ole miss is going to be good on defense. And if they can avoid injuries they can be good on offense. With that said, his ole miss write up is a joke. Cj Hampton? He's probably going to be good good but he has never played a snap and as of last week had fallen to third team. Walton and Mathers are great? Wtf. They might win 9 games, it's possible. But it won't be because of Hampton, nor because Walton and Mathers are great. What a joke.

MarketingBully01
08-21-2014, 04:07 PM
http://s12.postimg.org/yeqqlxkct/barrett.jpg

Now that's a picture that keeps giving the entire year.

MarketingBully01
08-21-2014, 04:09 PM
I think ole miss is going to be good on defense. And if they can avoid injuries they can be good on offense. With that said, his ole miss write up is a joke. Cj Hampton? He's probably going to be good good but he has never played a snap and as of last week had fallen to third team. Walton and Mathers are great? Wtf. They might win 9 games, it's possible. But it won't be because of Hampton, nor because Walton and Mathers are great. What a joke.

Ole Miss will have a great defense but that OL is so out of shape that Broman is going to be running for his life most games. No way they will be able to have a good running game with only scat backs and that line.

maroonmania
08-21-2014, 04:25 PM
I listened to him talk on BSR recently and he sounded like someone who obviously only goes by what he sees on the surface. He has no clue what the coaches have developed. All he talked about was the lack of "top tier talent" (star ratings).

Listening to him talk you can tell his analysis of how good a team is going to be is tied more to recent recruiting rankings than anyone else I know of. That's why he thinks we don't have enough "top tier talent".

LC Dawg
08-21-2014, 04:58 PM
Why do we keep having to hear about Dak's 7.3 YPA but not Bo's 7.7 YPA? Oh, that's right, Bo's finally healthy.***
I don't know how many people realize it but Tyler Russell actually had a better qb rating than bo last year. When you really take a look at the Umiss team QB may be the weakest position except for the offensive line.

ShotgunDawg
08-21-2014, 05:02 PM
Listening to him talk you can tell his analysis of how good a team is going to be is tied more to recent recruiting rankings than anyone else I know of. That's why he thinks we don't have enough "top tier talent".

THIS THIS THIS

Sallee is one lazy mother F*(#$ when it comes to doing actual research. He is all about some recruiting rankings because they are easily accessible and it allows him to be lazy while also being able to pass off blame when things don't actually end up lining up with them.

I think when MSU gets ranked this year, our entire fan base should give the media the middle finger

If they want to act like retards, then they should have to live with it.