PDA

View Full Version : TexReb and Rebelbruiser claim that MSU was handing out roids......

Goat Holder
08-21-2014, 10:44 AM
http://nafoom.yuku.com/sreply/359447/Do-Not-I-Repeat-DO-NOT-attempt-to-tell-any-of-them-this#.U_YTO_ldXvI

All of you that said he was "one of the most reasonable reb posters" are just f*cking stupid. He's the most passive aggressive, douchey, vindictive mfer on the net. Typical suburban white bear fan from the 90s.

The dude made this comment on 6-pack yesterday:

http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/showthread.php?128407-Possible-historic-flip-One-of-the-Reb-s-top-baseball-committs-de-committed-and&p=1023883#post1023883

He still can't admit, after 5 years, that Ole Miss was beaten by MSU on a recruit. That is the measure of his resolve. He blames Houston Nutt's stupidity. That's a guy who won a lot of games at Arkansas AND Ole Miss, no easy task. But I guess he's below her honor that is Ole Mississippi.

MSU fans continue to lap this shit up by rebels. Open your eyes. They aren't your friends.

starkvegasdawg
08-21-2014, 11:01 AM
What does he call Chris Jones? Last I checked that was on Bucky's watch. And if he tries to say that Chris didn't have a commitable offer from the bears then he is next level delusional.

messageboardsuperhero
08-21-2014, 11:02 AM
"MSU's players are developing their bodies better and faster than our players- therefore, it must be steroids"

What's funny is that other SEC schools have players who work hard and put on a bunch of good weight in six months too, but I guess State is the only team "using roids." Maybe they should worry more about why UM players can't seem to stay in shape instead of being concerned about our conditioning...

thf24
08-21-2014, 11:04 AM
This claim seems to come up anytime they see photos and realize how much more in shape our guys are than theirs. I wonder if they realize it's a direct result of the way they recruit. When you have a team full of prima donnas who don't think they need to work and aren't interested in pushing others to work, it's what you end up with.

LC Dawg
08-21-2014, 11:05 AM
Somebody tell TexReb and Rebelbruiser that Dillon Day would like to see them in the parking lot.

TheRef
08-21-2014, 11:07 AM
They can ask Heath Hutchins about how hard the workouts were. He said it was basically SEAL training workouts that Balis ran. I can imagine that Court does more speed and agility than strength, but he can still get you huge.

engie
08-21-2014, 11:13 AM
Who have we had that put on 40-60 lbs of muscle in a single offseason?

The sour grapes of the "steroid" thing is hilarious. That was all the talk during/immediately after the Egg Bowl last year. They just couldn't believe how big/physical we were. Part of that is in recruiting and part of it is keeping guys for 5 years...

Meanwhile, they continue to ignore that Freeze recruited a ton of undersized players early on -- while we seem to recruit alot more to size/measureables in general. When you put 220lb MLBs at DE -- have a starting DT that weighs 270 -- start sub 6' linebackers -- etc... You are going to be outsized by most opponents...

To make it fair -- I thought the undersized/fast thing was a big advantage to them defensively in year 1 -- and they seem to be transitioning into a normal sized D now...

Bigedawg
08-21-2014, 11:19 AM
They mentioned Gerri Green, which is ludicrous. I saw him at Super Bulldog Weekend with his mother and the guy was a monster in April. He put on a lot of muscle while rehabbing his knee injury, which is normal.

starkvegasdawg
08-21-2014, 11:20 AM
Meanwhile, they continue to ignore that Freeze recruited a ton of undersized players early on -- while we seem to recruit alot more to size/measureables in general. When you put 220lb MLBs at DE -- have a starting DT that weighs 270 -- start sub 6' linebackers -- etc... You are going to be outsized by most opponents...

This is it right here. I don't care how much heart and passion you have for the game of football, in the SEC if you don't have the size to go with it you are going to get your ass run over like a squirrel on a highway. The last midget to be famous in football was back in the 60's and they made a movie about it. And he only played in one game. The SEC is big boy football and you have to the mass to go with the heart. That's why the SEC has won all these national titles. Besides having extra-worldly talent, they have the physical size to just impose their will against you and wear you down. Freeze has recruited undersized players (especially at RB and defensive line) and over the course of a season they get worn down and injured because they can't take the pounding of getting hit by people that have 50lbs+ on them week in and week out.

hailmari
08-21-2014, 11:20 AM
I thought so too. I actually enjoyed watching their undersized defense running all over the place.. It was kinda like watching midget wrestling.

ShotgunDawg
08-21-2014, 11:26 AM
This is what happens when all your recruiting gurus are biased and sell you on the fact that your rival has no players. Once their fanbase bought into that lie, unless they were going to call their recruiting guys liars, it was only a matter of time till they came up with a reason.

They're just trying to find answers, and refuse to believe the truth. They don't want to believe the truth because it makes them feel helpless. You can only cheat in recruiting when you know who the best players are. Once talent evaluation becomes the main factor, the boosters can no longer help, and this fact scares them.

BeastMan
08-21-2014, 11:27 AM
It's pretty funny that so many OM posters hang on to the steroid thing. It's even more funny because when an MSU posters says that OM has a drug culture problem (marijuana) they will vehemently deny and say that MSU players smoke just as much dope. The difference in these 2 assertions is that the last MSU affiliated player to have any real life proof of ped use was JJ Johnson in 2002ish in the NFL via a hot drug test. Not to mention that he was gone from MSU for years. Now compare that to OM where there seems to be numerous drug arrest every single year. I'm not gonna say which program, if any, has a drug problem in their program's culture. What I will say is that one sure seems to be thrown out there on pure fandom delusional thinking and one on cold hard facts. You decide.

RC3
08-21-2014, 11:33 AM
I've spoken to a former olineman about balis. He put four inches on his neck in one offseason under balis. Completely clean

EAVdog
08-21-2014, 11:39 AM
Excessive (I stress excessive) marijuana use reduces testosterone levels in your body. Testosterone is needed for muscle growth. Low testosterone can also cause fatigue.

Ole Miss players seem to lose strength as the game/season goes on and can't put on weight like other teams players.

Draw your own conclusions.

maroonmania
08-21-2014, 11:41 AM
What amazes me is that they want to lure a lot of their high end recruits through the party scene, loose women and other "non-football" related enticements yet they are totally perplexed that a lot of their players are not dedicated in the weight room? Guys that base their college decisions primarily on those kind of things don't tend to be the harder workers around no matter how talented they may be.

PassInterference
08-21-2014, 11:46 AM
Excessive (I stress excessive) marijuana use reduces testosterone levels in your body. Testosterone is needed for muscle growth. Low testosterone can also cause fatigue.

Ole Miss players seem to lose strength as the game/season goes on and can't put on weight like other teams players.

Draw your own conclusions.

Also reference 2012 Auburn. They were a pushover. Drug use was real bad in Chiz's last year.

Bob Carscadon said on Bulldog Sports Radio that our S&C coach is into sports & nutrition science. Reads and studies it intensely. Has the whole team in a more methodical approach than our last guy did. Balis did a good job and I'm not knocking him. But Court is all sciencey & methodical about it.

Has our guys on a more structured nutrition plan. Had some guys eating 6,000-7,000 calories/day during farm days.

I also hear the NCAA has relaxed rules about feeding players. So now we feed them more, feed them better, and feed them often.

AlSwearengen
Our guys do a lot of running under the new strength coach according to several players. When you take an sec athlete (who obviously have the best genetics when it comes to fast twitch muscle), the testosterone level of the average 18-22 yr old, good diet, and run them a lot, you are going to get players that look like our's do.

I look for Hugh to start getting pressure to find a new strength coach and I was saying that to myself a couple of weeks ago when pics of their players started hitting the net. Rebel fans won't stand for our players to look better than theirs.

ShotgunDawg
What amazes me is that they want to lure a lot of their high end recruits through the party scene, loose women and other "non-football" related enticements yet they are totally perplexed that a lot of their players are not dedicated in the weight room? Guys that base their college decisions primarily on those kind of things don't tend to be the harder workers around no matter how talented they may be.

THIS.

RC3
08-21-2014, 11:52 AM
I've heard that Bo Wallace has somehow blown up since those pics of his little bitty arms at the beach hit the net. A bear fan told me he is blatantly juicing. So they shouldn't cast stones on this subject

Political Hack
08-21-2014, 12:27 PM
Our two stars are just bigger, stronger, and faster than your five stars.

Sorry.

Bubb Rubb
08-21-2014, 12:33 PM
That's the dumbest thread of all time, and that's saying something.

RougeDawg
08-21-2014, 12:41 PM
Our guys do a lot of running under the new strength coach according to several players. When you take an sec athlete (who obviously have the best genetics when it comes to fast twitch muscle), the testosterone level of the average 18-22 yr old, good diet, and run them a lot, you are going to get players that look like our's do.

I look for Hugh to start getting pressure to find a new strength coach and I was saying that to myself a couple of weeks ago when pics of their players started hitting the net. Rebel fans won't stand for our players to look better than theirs.

OLine Pic.

One thing the Bear Delusionalists don't realize is, it's much easier to add 40+ lbs to a 6'4" Chris Jones frame than is it to a 6'1 Kimdashian frame (he's listed at 6'4". Must be when he's wearing his high heels on a date with white boy). It's simple physics, but why would any of us begin to think any Bear would use simple logic or science to explain how something occurred.

starkvegasdawg
08-21-2014, 12:51 PM
It would stand to reason that the Kimdashians are juicing too. After all, wouldn't roid rage explain all the fights they keep finding themselves in?

DawgHouseUnited
08-21-2014, 01:15 PM
I've heard that Bo Wallace has somehow blown up since those pics of his little bitty arms at the beach hit the net. A bear fan told me he is blatantly juicing. So they shouldn't cast stones on this subject

Definitely- I heard from a friend of a friend whose cousin knows Captain Bubble Screen's hairdresser- he switched from L'Oreal to Pantene.

engie
08-21-2014, 01:27 PM
The truth of the matter. Yes, I put our rosters into excel and ran the numbers.

Under Mullen(including the last year transition from Croom), these are the only examples of players gaining/losing >20lb in a single year:
- Allen Tolbert gained 25 between his HSFR and RSFR years. He held that exact weight for the next 2 years.
- Archie Muniz gained 35 between his HSFR and RSFR years. He gained 5 total in the next 3 years.
- BJ Hammond gained 25 between his HSFR and RSFR years.
- Brandon Hill gained 38 between his HSFR and RSFR years. He's fluctuated up or down 5 lbs since that point.
- Corvell Harrison gained 35 between his FR and SO years(he didn't redshirt). He gained 15 the next year before dropping 5 for his SR year.
- Dillon Day gained 35 between his HSFR and RSFR years. He's been within 5 lbs of that weight ever since.
- Gus Walley gained 21 between his HSFR and RSFR years. He dropped 10 of those lbs this year.
- James Carmon dropped 25 between his JR and SR years as a JUCO transfer.
- Kaleb Eulls gained 25 between his HSFR and RSFR years. He's gained 15 in the 3 years since.
- Matt Wells gained 25 between his HSFR and RSFR years. He's gained 5 in the 3 years since.
- Rufus Warren gained 30 between his rsSO and rsJR years due to a position change from TE to OL.
- Sean Ferguson gained 28 between his FR and SO years(he didn't redshirt). He gained 10 total in the final 2 years of his career.
- Shane McCardell gained 27 between his HSFR and RSFR years. He gained 20 more between his RSSO and RSJR years before dropping 5 prior to his 5th year.
- Thomas Webb gained 25 lbs between his TRJR and RSJR years. He held that same weight in his senior year.
- Tobias Smith dropped 28 lbs between his HSFR and RSFR years. He gained 5 lbs the next year and played at that same weight for the next 3 years.
- Trevor Stigers gained 30 lbs between his HSFR and RSFR years. He gained 5 more his SO yr and then dropped 15 for his JR year.

So, Brandon Hill @ 38lbs was the most fluctuation we've seen in a year. That's impressive weight change -- although it's a real far cry from the numbers Bruiser threw out.

defiantdog
08-21-2014, 01:37 PM

Steroid use is abundant among every big team.... college and pro. It usually deals with players healing from injuries though. Not many athletes abuse steroids like Brian Cushing and Shawne Merriman. Bo Wallace would be a complete idiot if he was using steroids to bulk up. First of all, a true conditioning coach will work with a quarterbacks legs. QBs are not meant to have large upper bodies.... interferes with the natural throwing motion.

And besides, our defense is so "strong and fast" because we rotate players in and out of the field as much as Alabama. OM keeps the dkimdiches in every play. That will cause laziness and breakdowns. I kind of take it as a compliment that they are saying are players are on steroids.

defiantdog
08-21-2014, 01:40 PM

Under Mullen(including the last year transition from Croom), these are the only examples of players gaining/losing >20lb in a single year:
- Allen Tolbert gained 25 between his HSFR and RSFR years. He held that exact weight for the next 2 years.
- Archie Muniz gained 35 between his HSFR and RSFR years. He gained 5 total in the next 3 years.
- Brandon Hill gained 38 between his HSFR and RSFR years. He's fluctuated up or down 5 lbs since that point.
- Corvell Harrison gained 35 between his FR and SO years(he didn't redshirt). He gained 15 the next year before dropping 5 for his SR year.
- Dillon Day gained 35 between his HSFR and RSFR years. He's been within 5 lbs of that weight ever since.
- Gus Walley gained 21 between his HSFR and RSFR years. He dropped 10 of those lbs this year.
- Kaleb Eulls gained 25 between his HSFR and RSFR years. He's gained 15 in the 3 years since.
- Matt Wells gained 25 between his HSFR and RSFR years. He's gained 5 in the 3 years since.
- Rufus Warren gained 30 between his rsSO and rsJR years due to a position change from TE to OL.
- Sean Ferguson gained 28 between his FR and SO years(he didn't redshirt). He gained 10 total in the final 2 years of his career.
- Shane McCardell gained 27 between his HSFR and RSFR years. He gained 20 more between his RSSO and RSJR years before dropping 5 prior to his 5th year.
- Thomas Webb gained 25 lbs between his TRJR and RSJR years. He held that same weight in his senior year.
- Tobias Smith dropped 28 lbs between his HSFR and RSFR years. He gained 5 lbs the next year and played at that same weight for the next 3 years.
- Trevor Stigers gained 30 lbs between his HSFR and RSFR years. He gained 5 more his SO yr and then dropped 15 for his JR year.

So, Brandon Hill @ 38lbs was the most fluctuation we've seen in a year. That's impressive weight change -- although it's a real far cry from the numbers Bruiser threw out.

Nice breakdown.... it's natural that players gain weight when they hit a real weight room, with an entire strength team dedicated to their development. I don't disagree with the players gaining muscle / weight, but I do think some of those numbers are skewed. It's kind of like height. The roster sheet is always going to claim a player is an inch or two taller than they actually are.

codeDawg
08-21-2014, 01:40 PM
Two things:

1. Our recruiting style is to find the guys with the numbers that indicate that under the right circumstances that can go from undersized to beasts. These are kids that are 6'4" and not even lifting in their middle of nowhere MS HS. We then put them in the right circumstances. See: Brandon Hill. A really good argument for redshirting is wanting to play your 4 years at your best physical condition.
2. Specifics aside, UM has a culture that does not encourage a year-round commitment to S&C and the effect other activities have on the body. You want a reference, see Bo Wallace.

RC3
08-21-2014, 02:54 PM
Steroid use is abundant among every big team.... college and pro. It usually deals with players healing from injuries though. Not many athletes abuse steroids like Brian Cushing and Shawne Merriman. Bo Wallace would be a complete idiot if he was using steroids to bulk up. First of all, a true conditioning coach will work with a quarterbacks legs. QBs are not meant to have large upper bodies.... interferes with the natural throwing motion.

And besides, our defense is so "strong and fast" because we rotate players in and out of the field as much as Alabama. OM keeps the dkimdiches in every play. That will cause laziness and breakdowns. I kind of take it as a compliment that they are saying are players are on steroids.

Freeze's comments a couple of weeks ago that Bo was so strong that they were having a problem with him actually overthrowing the ball?? could be an interference in his natural throwing motion

CadaverDawg
08-21-2014, 03:07 PM
Yea Bruiser, Ole Miss's players will run around with weed in their cars all year...but they won't touch them steroids.**

As if the Rebel players don't do roids "only bc their strength coach doesn't promote it". What a dipshit. Trust me, if anybody would break rules to try and gain an advantage, we know it would be OM. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if OM was doing roids and WE weren't....we have guys that wanna be better...OM has guys that think they're good enough already.
Goat is 100% correct about RebelDoucher

Todd4State
08-21-2014, 03:10 PM
Those morons don't know anything about S&C other than we are kicking their ass at it.

You take high school college aged football players and make them do cardio, strength training, monitor their diet and then have them do Navy SEAL type training- you're going to get the results that we're seeing from our guys.

Todd4State
08-21-2014, 03:12 PM
Yea Bruiser, Ole Miss's players will run around with weed in their cars all year...but they won't touch them steroids.**

As if the Rebel players don't do roids "only bc their strength coach doesn't promote it". What a dipshit. Trust me, if anybody would break rules to try and gain an advantage, we know it would be OM. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if OM was doing roids and WE weren't....we have guys that wanna be better...OM has guys that think they're good enough already.
Goat is 100% correct about RebelDoucher

Nail on head. Yeah- we'll throw 30K at Tobias Singleton, but steroids are off limits.

It's probably not a coincidence that Yancy went on a vacation to the Dominican Republic a couple of weeks after pictures of our players started to surface.

CadaverDawg
08-21-2014, 03:13 PM
Our guys take pictures of their workouts and 6 packs and post them on twitter, while OM players take pics of bars and money. Our guys want it more...that's all there is to it. It takes dedication, and ours are dedicated. Sorry, Rebs

CadaverDawg
08-21-2014, 03:14 PM
Nail on head. Yeah- we'll throw 30K at Tobias Singleton, but steroids are off limits.

It's probably not a coincidence that Yancy went on a vacation to the Dominican Republic a couple of weeks after pictures of our players started to surface.

Haha you're probly right

Todd4State
08-21-2014, 03:35 PM
Also as far as working out in a short time and getting people ripped- anyone else knows who does that without steroids? The Marines. And they do it in 13 weeks of boot camp.

But it's impossible for us to get our guys ripped in 6 months without steroids. You just can't do it. Signed- RebelBruiser.

engie
08-21-2014, 03:54 PM
The bottom line is "steroids" is an excuse for the weak to make themselves feel better. Anyone that self-improves is assumed to be taking shortcuts. Just the way of the world. Even if it's generally true for body transformations, it does a tremendous injustice to the people that are busting their ass and doing it the right way.

messageboardsuperhero
08-21-2014, 04:10 PM

But don't let facts get in the way.

If Bruiser says we have players putting on 60 pounds of muscle in six months by using steriods, then by God it's true.**

MarketingBully01
08-21-2014, 04:46 PM
Personally, I found it funny when one of their own (Jughead) called them of on how stupid it sounded. Also, who is Coach66? He seems to be a perfect example of a Bear apologist and genuinely negative fellow regarding our team...

MarketingBully01
08-21-2014, 04:47 PM
According to Bruiser, Aaron Morris is another draft pick on their bad ass offensive line. All 350 pounds of him. If he gains more weight, he could almost take up two spots on the line.

engie
08-21-2014, 04:52 PM
Personally, I found it funny when one of their own (Jughead) called them of on how stupid it sounded. Also, who is Coach66? He seems to be a perfect example of a Bear apologist and genuinely negative fellow regarding our team...

He's a good dude and a very good Dawg -- just playing by their rules on their site. There's a reason so few Dawgs can actually still post on Nafoom... Generally about as level-headed as Dawg fans come...

ShotgunDawg
08-21-2014, 04:56 PM
Chris Jones

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/deetrakt/RED/r-richardjones.jpg

GreaterCowbell
08-21-2014, 05:08 PM
Does that dumbass realize that we have Bracky Brett in charge of compliance? If we were juicing Redmond's grand-children would be suspended by the NCAA.

Dawgcentral
08-21-2014, 06:39 PM
There was an article years ago about how OM was really into the GNC stuff like Carb Builders and Protein Powders for shakes and stuff. The CL turned around and asked Joe Lee Dunn about nutrition for our guys. JLD answered in the usual vernacular stating "We just take them to the buffet and show them where the peas and cornbread are".

Yeah, we've come a long way since then, but it just goes to show the difference between the accusations of supposed "Roid Use", and the basics of adequate nutrition, increasing strength and endurance, versus quick fixes and the increase for the chance of injury, which you are simply asking for with the quick route to bulking up too quickly.

War Machine Dawg
08-21-2014, 06:58 PM
Does that dumbass realize that we have Bracky Brett in charge of compliance? If we were juicing Redmond's grand-children would be suspended by the NCAA.

I laughed. And the sad part is that it's probably true. Brackey Fife to the rescue!

Coackjek
08-21-2014, 07:37 PM
B-b-b-but didn't their s&c coach get some type of national award a few years ago? I want to say I remember them coming over and saying how much better he was than Balis.

JDog13
08-21-2014, 07:53 PM
Sounds like this dude must be married to the woman who keeps tweeting Bo Bounds. She keeps saying we cant afford another OL loss with our lack of depth. I thought it was funny that a Bear fan was talking about OUR OL depth and not their own. I know our line looks hella more in shape than the bears.

sbcmortgageman
08-21-2014, 08:46 PM
He's a good dude and a very good Dawg -- just playing by their rules on their site. There's a reason so few Dawgs can actually still post on Nafoom... Generally about as level-headed as Dawg fans come...

I think it has more to do with him pissing them off about the "karma" stuff with Tee Shepard.