PDA

View Full Version : draftinsider.net gives McKinney 2nd round, Dak 6th, Calhoun 7th Round Grades

codeDawg
08-20-2014, 09:30 PM
http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=9961

Coach34
08-20-2014, 09:38 PM
2-star, 3-star, 2-star

engie
08-20-2014, 09:48 PM
Lulz @ a list that puts McKinney in the 3rd and doesn't even list Matt Wells as a FA signee...

mic
08-20-2014, 09:50 PM
Wells
BMac
Cox
Love
Preston
All get drafted
And eulls and PJ will go FA at worse..

Homedawg
08-20-2014, 11:09 PM
Preston and love will have a hard time getting drafted. Wells will show out at the combine, if invited, but he's small for an nfl lb. cox appears to have tools, we shall see. All good college players but only Mac is assured of being drafted.

engie
08-20-2014, 11:25 PM
Wells is a cover lb. He will be one of the first coming out that is expected to be specifically "designed" to man up the new generation TE that's taken over the nfl. Scouts are all over him for that and talk very, very highly of him. And not just one or two scouts either. That's why any list leaving him out can't really be taken seriously IMO...

Political Hack
08-21-2014, 07:06 AM
Wells is a cover lb. He will be one of the first coming out that is expected to be specifically "designed" to man up the new generation TE that's taken over the nfl. Scouts are all over him for that and talk very, very highly of him. And not just one or two scouts either. That's why any list leaving him out can't really be taken seriously IMO...

very true. in fact, I think it's close to a 0% chance the patriots would ever allow him to slip out of the back end of the draft without snatching him. Also, anyone in the NFC south other than the Saints will be targeting him as well. He could very easily become a 1-3 round guy this season.

Coach34
08-21-2014, 08:53 AM
Smith is playing this season for a job after college. He has a chance to get drafted if he can keep progressing like he has

MetEdDawg
08-21-2014, 09:10 AM
Smith is playing this season for a job after college. He has a chance to get drafted if he can keep progressing like he has

Preston is the one I can't figure out yet. He's got potential at the next level. We really need him to step up this year and get some numbers. DE is the position I think that has the ability to take our defense from very good to elite. If we can get a more consistent edge rush and actually get QBs on the ground this year we could be an elite defense. I'm talking Top 10.

Preston, CJ, Adams, McKinney, and Jefferson/Brown have to get more sacks. 12 total sacks between those 6 guys last year is just not enough to be an elite defense and give our offense more favorable field position. Would love to see that number around 20-25. If Preston can get 5-6 sacks and really grade out well this year I think he can get drafted mid to late rounds.

Dawgsrule
08-21-2014, 09:18 AM
Bbbbbbbbbbbut Cody Prewitt is the best safety in the country and Tsun is waaaaay better than state and Bo Wallace is better than Dak!!! Msu must have paid this nfl draft expert!!!*********************

Coach34
08-21-2014, 09:23 AM
Preston playing on the same side as Jones should help him a good deal

Tdawg
08-21-2014, 09:30 AM
http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=9961

Just saw this as well--Chris Jones top overall DL prospect for his graduating draft class:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2017/DT