PDA

View Full Version : Hey Jon Weiner, eat your last name after u watch this Geoff Collins interview....

CadaverDawg
08-20-2014, 08:33 PM
Collins addresses the linebackers, the defense, the fabulous freshmen, etc. Talks about Matt Wells being a freak at 6'3, 220, and running a 4.35

http://youtu.be/0NvK84_5Vjo

DownwardDawg
08-20-2014, 08:42 PM
I really like Coach Collins.

archdog
08-20-2014, 08:43 PM
Collins sounds like a great guy to play for.

RC3
08-20-2014, 08:46 PM
Like this coach a lot. A whole lot

ShotgunDawg
08-20-2014, 08:52 PM
So JT Gray had 26 tackles in the scrimmage. Hmmm

He may really be Ashley Cooper

Should he redshirt?

engie
08-20-2014, 08:53 PM

Should he redshirt?

One of he/Brandon Bryant is going to play IMO...

Dawg61
08-20-2014, 09:03 PM
Collins is awesome! Give him another raise. You can tell he's spent a lot of time around Mullen. His response when asked if Gray would redshirt was Mullenesque. Look that hat too, I need one.

msstate7
08-20-2014, 09:03 PM

Should he redshirt?

I'm not sure what to make of a safety getting that many tackles.

CadaverDawg
08-20-2014, 09:06 PM
I'm not sure what to make of a safety getting that many tackles.

He was playing Linebacker

If you watch the video, you'll see Collins discuss Gray being in that Matthew Wells mold, of guys that are big enough to fill a hole and stop the run, but fast enough to cover a Jameon Lewis type. He is obviously going to be a Linebacker for the rest of his career at MSU it looks like.

msstate7
08-20-2014, 09:08 PM
He was playing Linebacker

Then I love it

hailmari
08-20-2014, 09:37 PM
I really like Coach Collins.

I'd be pretty okay with him becoming our HC one day..

Barking 13
08-20-2014, 09:50 PM

+5... keep the boy paid....

RougeDawg
08-20-2014, 11:32 PM
Collins is awesome! Give him another raise. You can tell he's spent a lot of time around Mullen. His response when asked if Gray would redshirt was Mullenesque. Look that hat too, I need one.

We need to make Collins the first 7 figure assistant coach in Mississippi State history. He's become almost as important, if not as important, as any single person responsible for our success. If he had been the sole DC in 2012, we'd be going for 6 in a row this November. Guy is that good. I'll donate to a fund just to keep him and I'm not talking chump change. I'm sure others would throw in also.

messageboardsuperhero
08-20-2014, 11:44 PM
We need to make Collins the first 7 figure assistant coach in Mississippi State history. He's become almost as important, if not as important, as any single person responsible for our success. If he had been the sole DC in 2012, we'd be going for 6 in a row this November. Guy is that good. I'll donate to a fund just to keep him and I'm not talking chump change. I'm sure others would throw in also.

If/when Collins leaves, it won't have anything to do with money- it'll be because he wants to become a head coach.

Dawg61
08-20-2014, 11:47 PM

Collins is the pulse the energy the JUICE of this football team. I LOVE THIS GUY!! Mullen deserves credit for getting him. It's Mullen's vision that lands Collins. Without Mullen there is no Collins. There's no Deshea and others either. Dan has done a tremendous job in hiring very good coaches to surround him. I hope we can say that about a special teams guru by this time next year.

War Machine Dawg
08-20-2014, 11:47 PM
If/when Collins leaves, it won't have anything to do with money- it'll be because he wants to become a head coach.

I agree. We're in a position to pay to keep assistants now. If Collins leaves, it'll be to be a HC. And even then I suspect he'll be selective about where he lands. If we have the D I think we can have this year, expect to hear his name floated early and often this offseason. Don't freak out when it happens.

ShotgunDawg
08-21-2014, 12:39 AM
Collins reminds me of a defensive minded Chip Kelly

Johnson85
08-21-2014, 08:37 AM

No doubt he's going to get a shot somewhere, but I'm sort of partial to having offensive guys be head coaches at MSU. I feel like it's much easier for us to switch up schemes in defense, so we can go get the best available any time we have an opening. On offense, we're going to have to go find the best available that fits what we're already doing on offense, or else we will lose a season trying to adjust schemes, or more than a season if we make a change that doesn't fit our personnel.