PDA

View Full Version : Did that Weiner guy really say our LB'ers...

Coach34
08-20-2014, 06:50 PM
didnt have much talent outside of McKinney? Holy shit- that is Honey Boo-Boo stupid....We have one of the 3-4 best LB groups in the SEC- with a 4-star LB out of HS as our 1st sub...

Please let kickoff get here

JDog13
08-20-2014, 06:54 PM
didnt have much talent outside of McKinney? Holy shit- that is Honey Boo-Boo stupid....We have one of the 3-4 best LB groups in the SEC- with a 4-star LB out of HS as our 1st sub...

Wiener's a dumb ass anyway. He tries to talk like he has "street cred."

tcdog70
08-20-2014, 06:55 PM
Wells might be the fastest LB in the SEC. and the SEC has the fastest LBs in the USA

Coach34
08-20-2014, 06:57 PM
to put it another way:

4-star Gerri Green- who has incredible talent- is going to have hell making the 2 deep to get game reps...but our LB'ers dont have much talent? How does this guy have a radio show? It's like Dawg61 got a radio show to talk about basketball....

EAVdog
08-20-2014, 07:05 PM
People don't respect the depth that Mullen has built. Crooting victories and stars count a whole lot in the Offseason.

D Kimchee gets more pub than McKinney and he's not even a starter for OM anymore.

shoeless joe
08-20-2014, 07:09 PM
Most people in the media don't have a clue what they're talking about when it comes to breaking down teams on a specific level, or predicting success or failure based in anything other than what another member of the media says or said. There are very very few talking heads that have any clue whatsoever. Off the top of my head I can name herbstreit for college football and............well that's it. I can think of quite a few analysts on MLB network that bring substance but as far as anything ESPN it's all about hype and drama. Local guys are following the same script because ultimately they hope to get to that higher level that all these other dumbasses achieve. The media is agenda driven in sports just like anything else.

After thinking on it I'd say dilfer gives good insight about the NFL.

TopDog58
08-20-2014, 07:11 PM
He also said on today's show that Mississippi had much less offensive line questions than we do. Really? Is Tunsil going to play every position for them? He couldn't even stay healthy to play in the Egg Bowl last year.

spiritual_machine2005
People don't respect the depth that Mullen has built. Crooting victories and stars count a whole lot in the Offseason.

D Kimchee gets more pub than McKinney and he's not even a starter for OM anymore.
D. Kimdeechee gets more pub because he can't stay out of trouble.

RC3
Nor will he be drafted. Maybe late rounds. He also said today that their Oline unit is clearly better than ours. That could prove to be true but I doubt it

starkvegasdawg
08-20-2014, 07:17 PM
With his name being Weiner he may have Shep Smith sending him love notes with talking points.

ShotgunDawg
08-20-2014, 07:30 PM
The lack of research that the modern media member does is embarrassing.

That's why recruiting stars are so popular with the modern media person. It allows them to be lazy and it provides an excuse. The lazy media ranks teams by recruiting rankings, then when the team doesn't perform, it wasn't isn't the media members fault for ranking them high. It's the coach's fault or it's the recruiting ranking people's fault.

The media can't be held accountable for embarrassing work, because they can simply pass the blame off to someone else. They do it year after year.

If Weiner really believes this stuff, he should be fired for lack of effort in doing his job. Bo Bounds doesn't do this stuff because he actually prepares.

EAVdog
08-20-2014, 07:32 PM
Nor will he be drafted. Maybe late rounds. He also said today that their Oline unit is clearly better than ours. That could prove to be true but I doubt it

OM fans have all but convinced themselves that our OL situation is worse than theirs. Would I love to have a 3 year starter at RT? Hell yeah but when was the last time we had a really good RT? Siddoway was serviceable but Senior should be fine over there. We've always just plugged the next guy in at RT, won't be any different this year.

We have a 4 year Starter at LT and C. We have Malone, Clayborn, Beckwith, and Senior that all have starts under their belt. We have a solid 5 with SEC Experience. Our backups in Warren, Thomas, Desper, Muniz, Carter, Flowers, Joc Johnson are all at least Reshirt Freshmen.

You can't put one guy at LT, no matter how good he is, and make an OL. They have a brand new Center, the LG hasn't played in a year, a serviceable RG, and a JUCO RT. And basically true Freshmen as backups plus Daronte Bouldin and Davion Johnson.

CadaverDawg
08-20-2014, 07:48 PM
Weiner is a joke. His show is as bad as "Talkin Sports with Rob Jay and Willie T Richardson"

What I find ironic, is that the media drools about OM's recruits and allows it to greatly overrate their team.....yet, A clown like Weiner makes that McKinney comment when McKinney is our lowest rated LB in our top 5!

Wells....4 star
Benni Brown...4 star
Richie Brown....4 star
Gerri Green....4 star
Bernardrick McKinney....2 star!

Pull your head out of your ass, Weiner (and other media members). We not only have tons of 4 and 5 star talent on the field....we also have tons of 2 and 3 star talent that has been developed into 5 star talent. Do some ****ing research and quit basing everything off of a damn Athlon magazine, you lazy bastards.

MarketingBully01
08-20-2014, 07:52 PM

I agree Coach. These idiot Ole Miss fans, homers and ignorant pundits are really going to make fools of themselves with the season we will have. Please let football season get here. Also, yes we will cover against USM. My prediction for that game is 49 or 56 to 7. Really we will score as much as Mullen wants to. We will easily shut USM's offense down as well. Anyone thinking otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about.

Coach34
08-20-2014, 07:53 PM
He also said today that their Oline unit is clearly better than ours. That could prove to be true but I doubt it

Based on what?

We have 4 starters returning- they have 3...and actually we have a 5th guy in Senior who has actually made a college start

Their OL was so good they scored 1 offensive TD in their last 2 games. Preston Smith bitchslapped Big Softie and forced him to the bench in the Egg Bowl. Their OL is very suspect until proven different

MarketingBully01
08-20-2014, 07:58 PM
Tunsil is really the only NFL talented guy they have on their line. Aaron Morris is their next best lineman but he has ballooned up to what 359? I am not thinking that is all muscle and based on pics of their OL unit they look a bit soft on the line. Not too much longer and it will be proven on the field. This is where MSU shines and Ole Miss flounders. Can't wait!

Coach34
08-20-2014, 07:58 PM
Weiner is a joke. His show is as bad as "Talkin Sports with Rob Jay and Willie T Richardson"

What I find ironic, is that the media drools about OM's recruits and allows it to greatly overrate their team.....yet, A clown like Weiner makes that McKinney comment when McKinney is our lowest rated LB in our top 5!

Wells....4 star
Benni Brown...4 star
Richie Brown....4 star
Gerri Green....4 star
Bernardrick McKinney....2 star!

Pull your head out of your ass, Weiner (and other media members). We not only have tons of 4 and 5 star talent on the field....we also have tons of 2 and 3 star talent that has been developed into 5 star talent. Do some ****ing research and quit basing everything off of a damn Athlon magazine, you lazy bastards.

Good post Cadaver- you been on a roll lately....let me add:

Our D was 16th in the COUNTRY last season in Scoring...16th...we have 23 of our top 26 defensive players returning....What ****ing moron cant see that we should be even better in 2014? It doesnt take a degree from DeVry to see that we might be Hell on defense this year

CadaverDawg
08-20-2014, 08:02 PM

Our D was 16th in the COUNTRY last season in Scoring...16th...we have 23 of our top 26 defensive players returning....What ****ing moron cant see that we should be even better in 2014? It doesnt take a degree from DeVry to see that we might be Hell on defense this year

+1 for the post

And +5 more for finding a way to get "DeVry" into a post

EAVdog
08-20-2014, 08:09 PM

Also #1 in 3 and Outs in the SEC.

MarketingBully01
08-20-2014, 08:22 PM
Oh and one more thing. Chris Jones has said our OLine this year is better then our OLine was last year and said Jamaal Clayborn is the real deal. Take that for what it's worth.

RC3
08-20-2014, 08:28 PM
I don't absolutely hate wiener but I find myself often disagreeing with him, even on non-msu subjects. I listen almost daily though because I am obsessed with ms sports. I can't pick up head to head so I'm stuck with this.

TrapGame
08-20-2014, 08:36 PM
He also said on today's show that Mississippi had much less offensive line questions than we do. Really? Is Tunsil going to play every position for them? He couldn't even stay healthy to play in the Egg Bowl last year.

I caught that too. I laughed my ass off. There's a reason he hardly takes phone calls. He's a grade A moron.

ShotgunDawg
08-20-2014, 08:41 PM

This is what I don't understand about media. How freaking hard is it to figure out that MSU is one of the best 25 teams in the country? We return everybody and did this last year with a young team.

The laziness of these people is unrivaled in human history. The answer is right in front of their faces. Yet they would rather rank Texas AM, who had an awful defense last year and will be out of the polls by week 3. Or they would rather rank Ole Miss who did nothing down the stretch last year and doesn't have an offensive line. Mind boggling.

justwin
08-20-2014, 09:19 PM
I like Andre ware a lot too but that's about it

QUOTE=shoeless joe;229930]Most people in the media don't have a clue what they're talking about when it comes to breaking down teams on a specific level, or predicting success or failure based in anything other than what another member of the media says or said. There are very very few talking heads that have any clue whatsoever. Off the top of my head I can name herbstreit for college football and............well that's it. I can think of quite a few analysts on MLB network that bring substance but as far as anything ESPN it's all about hype and drama. Local guys are following the same script because ultimately they hope to get to that higher level that all these other dumbasses achieve. The media is agenda driven in sports just like anything else.

After thinking on it I'd say dilfer gives good insight about the NFL.[/QUOTE]

LC Dawg
08-20-2014, 09:29 PM
I have no problem with media members not being sold on certain positions on our team because there are not as many proven commodities as there are guys with potential. However, anyone that questions the studness of our LB' s, our DL, or our CB's is a hack. It's amazing how many people are paid to commentate on topics of which they know nothing.

mic
08-20-2014, 09:36 PM
DN would have a hard time making our 2 deep at LB...
That's how deep we are...

RougeDawg
08-20-2014, 11:22 PM
Also #1 in 3 and Outs in the SEC.

Not to mention #4 in SEC for total overall defense in 2013.

These media clowns probably haven't the slightest clue we had two offensive schemes last year, splitting practice time, and Dak missed entire spring and summer. He didn't start practicing until preseason camp and had little chemistry with the offense until the last third of the season. Most of which he was injured. All they see is W's, L's, and class rankings.

F*ck the media. We will prove our worth on the field while they make excuses when the beavers are choking on splinters.

War Machine Dawg
08-20-2014, 11:44 PM
I like Andre ware a lot too but that's about it

QUOTE=shoeless joe;229930]Most people in the media don't have a clue what they're talking about when it comes to breaking down teams on a specific level, or predicting success or failure based in anything other than what another member of the media says or said. There are very very few talking heads that have any clue whatsoever. Off the top of my head I can name herbstreit for college football and............well that's it. I can think of quite a few analysts on MLB network that bring substance but as far as anything ESPN it's all about hype and drama. Local guys are following the same script because ultimately they hope to get to that higher level that all these other dumbasses achieve. The media is agenda driven in sports just like anything else.

After thinking on it I'd say dilfer gives good insight about the NFL.[/QUOTE]

Jesse Palmer and David Pollock are both damn good. I've disagreed with him some, but McElroy seems pretty good. Tebow knows his stuff, just needs to calm down. Everyone else sucks.

Dawg61
08-20-2014, 11:53 PM
to put it another way:

4-star Gerri Green- who has incredible talent- is going to have hell making the 2 deep to get game reps...but our LB'ers dont have much talent? How does this guy have a radio show? It's like Dawg61 got a radio show to talk about basketball....

Shit motherfu@ker I got a face for tv and you would watch it.

Jack Lambert
08-21-2014, 07:26 AM
Until Mullen beats Alabama or LSU this is all we are going to hear. The only reason Ole Miss is ranked and not us is because they beat LSU last year. Even if we had beaten Auburn last year we would not be ranked but if we had beaten LSU or Alabama we would be. Just my opinion and I am sticking with it.

thf24
08-21-2014, 07:34 AM

Tunsil demonstrated last year that he's more worried about the future than the present by taking himself out of games over any minor bang-up, and that's not something they're just going to convince him to stop doing. I can see him spending a good bit of time on the sideline this year whether he has a significant injury or not, and that's going to cost them big. I also don't see Morris staying healthy very long at 350+ pounds.

Schultzy
08-21-2014, 07:56 AM
Until Mullen beats Alabama or LSU this is all we are going to hear. The only reason Ole Miss is ranked and not us is because they beat LSU last year. Even if we had beaten Auburn last year we would not be ranked but if we had beaten LSU or Alabama we would be. Just my opinion and I am sticking with it.

Agree with this.

Now the LB analysis is just bad tv and total mailing it in. But we will not be taken seriously, regionally or nationally, until we beat LSU or Alabama again.

MadDawg
08-21-2014, 08:46 AM

^^^ THIS ^^^

Coach34
08-21-2014, 09:01 AM
Well, I think if we beat Auburn and A&M plenty of people will take notice. Ain't nobody winning in Baton Rouge or T-Town these days except LSU and Bama

RC3
08-21-2014, 09:12 AM
Well, I think if we beat Auburn and A&M plenty of people will take notice. Ain't nobody winning in Baton Rouge or T-Town these days except LSU and Bama

I am not ready to concede the game in Baton Rouge this year. Anxious to see how lsu looks the first few weeks

MarketingBully01
08-21-2014, 09:12 AM

I still don't buy that LSU will be over the top good this year. I think they go 8-4. Can someone give me legitimate reasons why they will beat us? They are talented no doubt but other then the fact that it is Baton Rouge and they play well there I just don't see why you guys are conceding the game to them. How are they going to move the ball and score against our defense? We will take their running game away. The Wisconsin game won't tell us much because they are overrated as well. IMO, our best case scenario for that game is for LSU to beat Wisconsin 17-14 or something low scoring like that. That way they will be undefeated when they play us. They won't be that tested at all (which is very important considering how young they are). As I stated before, I see us winning in Baton Rouge this year 24-14. LSU just doesn't impress me this year and when we play them they will still be heavily one dimensional.

RougeDawg
08-21-2014, 09:17 AM

Except this year. Been listening to the daily LSU report and a Les or the reporters talk about is the RB trio. Haven't heard one comment about QB play. They will be one dimensional on offense this year. A big physical defense will neutralize that offense in tiger stadium or mars. That's why we beat them this year and OM goes down. The QB and NFL WR's won't be able to influence each game like they did last year. Just average play from Mett last year in Oxford and LSU rolls easily. Hell, no play at all from Mett last year and they beat OM. They couldn't stop the run. Mett and the 2 NFL WR's they lost are the reason we lost. The play of one player on 2013 has essentially painted one team as a playoff contender and another as a 8 win team. Metroberger is probably the single most person responsible for how the national media views us and OM, and he's gone.

Coach34
08-21-2014, 09:18 AM
LSU is young at DT, QB, and WR- but they are still talented. They very well could go 8-4- but until we win there, I ain't counting on it

Tdawg
08-21-2014, 09:23 AM

There's a lot of truth to this. Media is, by nature, lazy. Especially national media. And to a degree, I get it. It's impossible to think a, or some national guys are going to be intimately familiar with each and every program out there. Therefore, many of their opinions are based on "highlights". Ole Miss' wins over LSU and Texas were "highlight" wins. Ole Miss' recruiting haul in 2013, and the results/awards those players achieved last season are "highlights". We just don't have many highlights that stick in the memory of these media types when they are ranking these teams based upon having never seen them play. I know we all talk about it being "winning the press conference", PR or whatever, but at the end of the day, they just have a few more recent "highlights" than we do. And to make matters worse, the media still remembers our collapse down the stretch in 2012. Our most visible moments in the national media last season was a boring ass performance vs OSU and a Thursday night squeaker over UK. We have to do a better job of capitalizing on opportunities to create impressions. Good news is, I think we make it happen this season.

Pollodawg
08-21-2014, 09:35 AM
LSU had no QB with JJ either........

BulldogBear
08-21-2014, 09:42 AM
I still don't buy that LSU will be over the top good this year. I think they go 8-4. Can someone give me legitimate reasons why they will beat us? They are talented no doubt but other then the fact that it is Baton Rouge and they play well there I just don't see why you guys are conceding the game to them. How are they going to move the ball and score against our defense? We will take their running game away. The Wisconsin game won't tell us much because they are overrated as well. IMO, our best case scenario for that game is for LSU to beat Wisconsin 17-14 or something low scoring like that. That way they will be undefeated when they play us. They won't be that tested at all (which is very important considering how young they are). As I stated before, I see us winning in Baton Rouge this year 24-14. LSU just doesn't impress me this year and when we play them they will still be heavily one dimensional.

I'm not one who has conceded the LSU game but I think I can explain where at least some are coming from. With the exception of Bama (and really only because it's in Tuscaloosa) we really do have 11 winnable games this year. But most are hard pressed to go around picking State 11-1 this year. For instance, using myself as the example, I'll be disappointed with 7-5 THIS year (been glad for it in the past). I guess I'd have to live with 8-4 (though it could be a good 8-4 or 8-4 that doesn't really beat anybody depending on who the wins are). I kind of expect 9-3 and think we have a decent shot at 10-2. So, I look at the schedule and decide "well, I have to find 2 losses." That naturally falls in my mind to BR and Tuscaloosa. TAMU will suck, I think Rebels are as unproven as we are or worse, and I think Auburn is quite overrated. If my preseason prognosticating mind settles on a win in BR I have to find another loss to make us realistically 10-2 and it's much harder. Win against LSU this year and 11-1 looks a lot more possible. So, that may be really what it is with some of us. We really just aren't predicting 11-1 and if you got to pick two losses it's Bama and LSU. Frankly, I'd rather beat LSU and get upset at Kentucky if I knew we had to lose 2.

MarketingBully01
08-21-2014, 09:49 AM
LSU had no QB with JJ either........

What I thought. So we are basing our losses on the past. What about LSU THIS YEAR can you give me why we will lose other then we are MSU and we always lose to them. That's about like the poster on sixpackspeak Cookie Monster saying we would lose to Arkansas last year because we never won there and he ended up being pretty wrong then and I imagine quite a few fans will be wrong this year when we beat LSU in Baton Rouge this year.

Political Hack
08-21-2014, 10:06 AM
who is wiener?

Political Hack
08-21-2014, 10:08 AM
Jesse Palmer and David Pollock are both damn good. I've disagreed with him some, but McElroy seems pretty good. Tebow knows his stuff, just needs to calm down. Everyone else sucks.[/QUOTE]

Tebow talks like an 11 year old. I feel like I'm listening to a Jr high kid. He does have good insight though. his voice just bothers me.

joedog
08-21-2014, 11:32 AM
http://s3.postimg.org/wlhuxz043/jon_weiner.jpg

Also taking requests.

TheRef
08-21-2014, 11:33 AM
joedawg.....you're on a ROLL

Political Hack
08-21-2014, 12:40 PM
awesome.

quickly becoming one of my favorite posters.

Dawgcentral
08-21-2014, 07:33 PM
We have the team to beat LSU this year. We've been there before, but it's been quite some time.

Knowing I'm going out on a limb simply because of the past, I'm saying we win that game simply because of our scheme and the interior line play.

Yeah, it's Wooly.