fishwater99
08-20-2014, 01:56 PM
Who's our fastest in the 40? J-Lewis ?

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-speed-fastest-players-2014/

ShotgunDawg
08-20-2014, 01:58 PM
Who's our fastest in the 40? J-Lewis ?

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-speed-fastest-players-2014/

I don't think J Lewis is anywhere near the top. I think Holloway, Wells, and Jamerson Love are the fastest on our team.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-20-2014, 02:01 PM
Holloway & Fred Brown on offense. Justin Cox, Jamerson Love, & Will Redmond on defense.

chef dixon
08-20-2014, 02:11 PM
We don't have game breaker speed. That's something I would like to see. Jameon isn't really running away from any teams secondary. I saw a glimpse of it from Josh Robinson in the A&M game but that's about it. I'm hoping maybe one of the new slot guys, Myles or Smokey, can blaze. Holloway has got to learn how to get the ball in his hands before we even worry about how fast he can be.

preachermatt83
08-20-2014, 02:11 PM
The fastest 40 time on our team is Matt Wells. Lewis is very quick but his 40 is not all that impressive. Redmond, Holloway, and Love are all fast along with Cox. Smokey Graham was super fast pre injury. Hoping he is back up to speed.

War Machine Dawg
08-20-2014, 02:15 PM
I don't think J Lewis is anywhere near the top. I think Holloway, Wells, and Jamerson Love are the fastest on our team.

Nailed it. Holloway, Wells, and Love are our fastest players. All 4.3 guys. Rumor is that Love has been clocked faster than Slay, meaning he'd be in the 4.2s.

Political Hack
08-20-2014, 02:27 PM
Holloway & Fred Brown on offense. Justin Cox, Jamerson Love, & Will Redmond on defense.

this is the correct answer with Wells added in.

DudyDawg
08-20-2014, 02:30 PM
Didn't know wells was THAT fast. That's scary to have running sideline to sideline next to B Mac

maroonmania
08-20-2014, 02:37 PM
We don't have game breaker speed. That's something I would like to see. Jameon isn't really running away from any teams secondary. I saw a glimpse of it from Josh Robinson in the A&M game but that's about it. I'm hoping maybe one of the new slot guys, Myles or Smokey, can blaze. Holloway has got to learn how to get the ball in his hands before we even worry about how fast he can be.

Exactly, Jameon's strength is elusiveness and change of direction, not breakaway speed.

defiantdog
08-20-2014, 02:39 PM
What is the fixation in running a 40 yard dash. Throw some pads on the players, then run the 40. Then we'll know who the fastest players are. Kalio Moore probably runs a 5.56 forty when he has pads on because his 150 lb frame can't handle the weight. I've always wanted them to run with pads on.... that would truly show their game speed.

ShotgunDawg
08-20-2014, 02:42 PM
The fastest 40 time on our team is Matt Wells. Lewis is very quick but his 40 is not all that impressive. Redmond, Holloway, and Love are all fast along with Cox. Smokey Graham was super fast pre injury. Hoping he is back up to speed.

Didn't Smokey just sprain his AC joint and maybe have a hand problem?

What injury did he have that would effect his speed?

Furthermore, with a name like Smokey, you better not be slow.

DudyDawg
08-20-2014, 02:47 PM

And you better not start forest fires

RiverCityDawg
08-20-2014, 03:32 PM

Is Fred Brown really in the same league as Love, Holloway, Wells, Redmond and Cox? I've always heard those five were the fastest, but never seen Brown included in that group.

Eta: Dez Harris is supposed to be a 4.35 guy according to Collins, so if true he should probably be listed in that top group as well

fishwater99
08-20-2014, 03:51 PM
What is the fixation in running a 40 yard dash. Throw some pads on the players, then run the 40. Then we'll know who the fastest players are. Kalio Moore probably runs a 5.56 forty when he has pads on because his 150 lb frame can't handle the weight. I've always wanted them to run with pads on.... that would truly show their game speed.

I agree. I still don't know why they don't do this at the NFL combine.

OurState
08-20-2014, 04:20 PM
Nailed it. Holloway, Wells, and Love are our fastest players. All 4.3 guys. Rumor is that Love has been clocked faster than Slay, meaning he'd be in the 4.2s.

There have been 17 sub 4.3 40's in the NFL combine since 1999. So 17 in 15 years.

We don't have multiple sub 4.3 guys.

I would be surprised if we had multiple sub 4.4 guys.

Then again the posted comparable times are all bullshit as well

OurState
08-20-2014, 04:30 PM
Put another way, Usain Bolt was estimated to be at 4.2 at 40 yards (36.6 meters). That could adjust to 4.1 adjusting for reaction time, but he also had blocks, etc.

preachermatt83
08-20-2014, 04:33 PM

he strained a ligament in his knee at one point before he hut his hand and shoulder. He played with it but it sslowed him a step. He's 100 percent now though.... atleast from that anyway.

Goat Holder
08-20-2014, 04:54 PM
There have been 17 sub 4.3 40's in the NFL combine since 1999. So 17 in 15 years.

Ha ha, yep. You beat me to it.

Sometimes the delusion on this board is plumb retarded.

Esmerelda Villalobos
08-20-2014, 05:26 PM
Matt Wells

hailmari
08-20-2014, 05:42 PM

Keith Mixon. You'll love him in a couple years.

Todd4State
08-20-2014, 06:16 PM
I agree. I still don't know why they don't do this at the NFL combine.

I guess they figure it balances out when everyone has pads on because everyone is tested under the same conditions at the combine.

DawgPoundtheRock
08-20-2014, 06:31 PM
For what it's worth, Tim Tebow said that Percy Harvin wasn't the fastest man on UF's team in terms of 40 time, but was the fastest man he'd ever seen in a game.

Steakonastick
08-20-2014, 06:43 PM
Add .2 to everybody's said 40 time. This will get you very close to their actual electronic time. This is why you only see a handful of 4.4's and lower at the combine.

DanDority
08-20-2014, 07:10 PM
Sorry for asking, I must have missed it. Who is Smokey?

sandwolf
08-20-2014, 07:35 PM
I guess they figure it balances out when everyone has pads on because everyone is tested under the same conditions at the combine.

Yea, you are only talking about 8 or 9 pounds of gear that is primarily distributed to your head and shoulders....it is not going to slow 1 player down any more than it will the next player. If pads weighed 30 pounds, then they would effect Kailo Moore a lot more than they would effect Josh Robinson.....but 3-4 pounds on your shoulders and 3-4 pounds on your head is not going to have any kind of meaningful impact.

RiverCityDawg
08-20-2014, 08:23 PM

Slay ran an electonically timed 40 in 4.36 seconds at the combine, so if Love was right with him (or beating him) and Wells and Holloway are right there with Love, it's not ridiculous to think all those guys are sub 4.4.

That being said, I would not put money on Love being in the 4.2's.

Will be fun to watch Wells and Love if they get combine invites.

War Machine Dawg
08-20-2014, 11:28 PM
Slay ran an electonically timed 40 in 4.36 seconds at the combine, so if Love was right with him (or beating him) and Wells and Holloway are right there with Love, it's not ridiculous to think all those guys are sub 4.4.

That being said, I would not put money on Love being in the 4.2's.

Will be fun to watch Wells and Love if they get combine invites.

I was thinking Slay ran 4.31 for some reason. My bad, but if reports are accurate that he's been timed faster than Slay, that's still insanely fast. And it's well documented that Wells & Holloway have been timed in the 4.3s.

ShotgunDawg
08-21-2014, 12:56 AM
Sorry for asking, I must have missed it. Who is Smokey?

Smokey is our true freshman WR name Jamoral Graham. Smokey is his nickname

Dawg61
08-21-2014, 05:14 AM
Put another way, Usain Bolt was estimated to be at 4.2 at 40 yards (36.6 meters). That could adjust to 4.1 adjusting for reaction time, but he also had blocks, etc.

Which 40 yards? During yards 30-70 of Bolt's 100 yard WR dash I wouldn't be surprised if he is running sub 4.

Bo Darville
08-21-2014, 06:20 AM
Who's our fastest in the 40? J-Lewis?

One of Jameon's weaknesses is his LACK of speed. He makes up for it with quickness and elusiveness.

Of course you don't have to be a track star to be effective.