PDA

View Full Version : Is that a hashtag I see on the awning cover to the Gridiron?

whosyourdawgy
08-20-2014, 01:19 PM
I thought that was a no no. What say you? Like it or not? I'm good with it

TheRef
08-20-2014, 01:21 PM
It is not on the playing area, therefore it is legal. You could line the outside of the sideline with hashtags and the NCAA couldn't do anything in the current rules.

I like it. Double purpose of sunshade for fans and a little shameless promotion.

ShotgunDawg
08-20-2014, 01:25 PM
I actually like it and here is the reason.

I am not sure how many people realize this, but Davis Wade Stadium is one of the major landmarks that airline pilots fly over on the DFW-ATL route or the DFW/Love Field- BHM route. Having a logo that can be seen from the air is good exposure.

This may sound silly, but I swear on those trips, you fly directly over DWS every, single, time.

jumbo
08-20-2014, 01:26 PM
I like it, but I know there will be a ton of people to complain about it because that's what MSU does best

RougeDawg
08-20-2014, 01:30 PM
Ha. I like it. What are the two sections to either side of the Gridiron that have chairback seats? Looks like they are partitioned off, like a suite of some sort. Are they part of Gridiron or separate suites? First time I've noticed this.

Dawg61
08-20-2014, 01:32 PM
Pic?

RougeDawg
08-20-2014, 01:34 PM
Pic?

Check the video Shotgun linked in another thread.

DawgHouseUnited
08-20-2014, 01:35 PM
Pic?

It's on the cam- it's the awning over the gridiron/at the bottom of the NEZ.

Lloyd Christmas
08-20-2014, 01:39 PM
I thought that was a no no. What say you? Like it or not? I'm good with it

Buy/Sell: Stricklin has a hastag tattoo on his right asscheek.

Pollodawg
08-20-2014, 01:41 PM
The NCAA banned hashtags, but it was just on the playing field, so we can expect--just to be on the safe side--King Bracky will sit Redmond until he graduates this time.

mstatefan91
08-20-2014, 01:42 PM
Buy/Sell: Stricklin has a hastag tattoo on his right asscheek.

Sell. It's on his left ass cheek

Lloyd Christmas
08-20-2014, 01:48 PM
Sell. It's on his left ass cheek

Well played sir.

mjh94
08-20-2014, 01:50 PM
I believe those are the sections that can be leased on a per-game basis - a private area in the gridiron club.

Ha. I like it. What are the two sections to either side of the Gridiron that have chairback seats? Looks like they are partitioned off, like a suite of some sort. Are they part of Gridiron or separate suites? First time I've noticed this.

RougeDawg
08-20-2014, 02:12 PM
I believe those are the sections that can be leased on a per-game basis - a private area in the gridiron club.

Thanks. I'll make an attempt to sneak over/in there next weekend and report back.

Oh, and for those interested in when you will have access to club level lockers, I got a response yesterday. You will be able to "service" your locker on Friday's before the game from 3-4:30pm and 6-8pm.

chainedup_Dawg
08-20-2014, 02:22 PM

I thought that was the LOGE seating?

whosyourdawgy
08-20-2014, 10:35 PM
Uh oh! Is the shiny awning going to be an issue? I noticed on the late afternoon sun there was an awful glare beaming off of and now looking at it with the lights on the glare is so bad the hailstate is reflecting off the grass? Could that be an issue for the fans and more importantly the players? Why not make it w a matte finish? Shiny in a stadium is never a good thing. The damn drink stands in the tailgate terrace are gonna make some helluva reflection in the noontime sun too

engie
08-20-2014, 10:42 PM
How about we wait and see how it looks after a few days before we worry about all of that? It's some interesting stuff going on with it from the angle of the construction cam for sure -- but it's also an angle that doesn't exist from actual seats in the stadium...

whosyourdawgy
08-20-2014, 10:50 PM
Agreed. Late pm it looked like a damn mirror it was so bright. You couldn't see anything on the awning but reflection from the sun. I hope it's not gonna be an issue and I'm sure I'm not the only one that has noticed

engie
08-20-2014, 10:58 PM
Agreed. Late pm it looked like a damn mirror it was so bright. You couldn't see anything on the awning but reflection from the sun. I hope it's not gonna be an issue and I'm sure I'm not the only one that has noticed

Yeah -- I don't know a dang thing about the material it is made out of, etc...Just seems more likely to me that what we're seeing could and probably is something to do with the application process IMO than a design flaw that got overlooked by all the professionals involved with the creation of the project. It does seems to me that it killed or "painted" the grass today when it was spread out -- but that could be an illusion. Also, those types of installs sometimes require a solution to "stretch" them and then they dry themselves tighter over time...

I'll start to get interested if it's still the same tomorrow...

whosyourdawgy
08-20-2014, 11:03 PM
Oh heck. I just thought it was reflecting off the grass. You may be right. It may actually be on the grass. Hell I'm blind and never would've even thought that. Let the sun come up and see if it's still there. If that's the case in 9 days they can have that grown out and cut and won't even know it was there.

whosyourdawgy
08-21-2014, 06:39 AM
Well I'll be damned. The awning did somehow discolor the grass in the short time it was on the field. Bet the grounds crew loves that. I would think it will be long gone before game time. I was wondering how it could reflect on grass like that. I've never claimed to be the sharpest tool

dickiedawg
08-21-2014, 06:51 AM
Uh-oh, you mean the hashtag transferred to the playing field? Somebody call Bracky.

TheRef
08-21-2014, 06:54 AM
Uh-oh, you mean the hashtag transferred to the playing field? Somebody call Bracky.

It's still not illegal due to it not being within the playing area. If it were in the endzone, it would be a violation. Since it is outside of the playing area, it's legal.

engie
08-21-2014, 08:10 AM
This highlights the difference between maroon paint and white paint in the endzones. That is the reason you only see us maroon up the whole endzone a couple times at the end of the season... The darker the color, the more damaging it is to grass photosynthesis.

whosyourdawgy
08-21-2014, 08:33 AM
DEEP!��

PassInterference
08-21-2014, 08:50 AM
Shirley there is some kind of loose temporary dye that rinses off easy.

Offshore Dawg
08-21-2014, 09:12 AM
I actually like it and here is the reason.

I am not sure how many people realize this, but Davis Wade Stadium is one of the major landmarks that airline pilots fly over on the DFW-ATL route or the DFW/Love Field- BHM route. Having a logo that can be seen from the air is good exposure.

This may sound silly, but I swear on those trips, you fly directly over DWS every, single, time.

Shotgun; if you fly directly over you can't see straight down from the commercial jets

steeldawg
08-21-2014, 11:12 AM
Shotgun; if you fly directly over you can't see straight down from the commercial jets

Says from 8 miles in the air, either. Those planes are usually between 30,000 and 38,000 feet up.

bgover4
08-21-2014, 12:35 PM
Grass looks like they left the awning out too long and the dark parts got hot and scorched the grass. Probably a good watering could fix it.

quickstrike2
08-21-2014, 01:34 PM
How long was that awning on the grass?

whosyourdawgy
08-21-2014, 01:42 PM
How long was that awning on the grass?

As far as I know only yesterday for part of the day

quickstrike2
08-21-2014, 01:58 PM
As far as I know only yesterday for part of the day

Had no idea it would change the grass the fast, but I know basically nothing about that sort of thing.

preachermatt83
08-21-2014, 05:24 PM
Grass looks like they left the awning out too long and the dark parts got hot and scorched the grass. Probably a good watering could fix it.

looks like you are right... they are watering again now just in that end.

08-22-2014, 12:38 PM
And... gone.