PDA

View Full Version : Losing Gabe Jackson SUCKS!

cheewgumm
08-19-2014, 11:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydrgJ0V1xY4

jumbo
08-19-2014, 11:29 AM
man, such a great block on Dak's TD run

Political Hack
08-19-2014, 11:44 AM
we've had a Sherrod, Gabe, etc... to run behind every since CDM got here. From top to bottom, this OL may be more solid than others... but I don't know that we have "that guy" on this line. Clayborne can be in time, but not sure he's ready to pull and put Kwon Alexander on his arse just yet.

maroonmania
08-19-2014, 12:26 PM
Our OL remains my biggest concern for this MSU team behind FG kicking. We have adequate players across the OL but I'm not sure we have a difference maker along the line. Not having a guy going into the season that you know you can run behind with confidence on 3rd and short is a big deal.

Dawg61
08-19-2014, 12:32 PM
Stud

HoopsDawg
08-19-2014, 12:59 PM
Our OL remains my biggest concern for this MSU team behind FG kicking. We have adequate players across the OL but I'm not sure we have a difference maker along the line. Not having a guy going into the season that you know you can run behind with confidence on 3rd and short is a big deal.

No way man, we have Ben Beckwith replacing Gabe Jackson. I don't see any reason for concern.******

Maroons
08-19-2014, 01:03 PM
Mini-hijack - Do many other teams regularly pull a Guard in pass protection? Or is it just because Gabe is such a stud?

War Machine Dawg
08-19-2014, 01:29 PM
No way man, we have Ben Beckwith replacing Gabe Jackson. I don't see any reason for concern.******

http://i.imgur.com/tMyyOIB.gif

Westdawg
08-19-2014, 02:00 PM
Mini-hijack - Do many other teams regularly pull a Guard in pass protection? Or is it just because Gabe is such a stud?

depends on personnel abilities and the scheme. if you are asking if other teams do this, yes, and more now than ever before. I love pulling a guard at times, especially if i have a really mobile QB. This can negate a strong rush from that side and give the QB a bit more time to find long routes or to break protection and take off for gain.

bostonred
08-19-2014, 06:04 PM
Got to love the support we have for our players

cheewgumm
08-19-2014, 06:20 PM
College football is the biggest sport with the exception of NFL...there are gong to be criticisms. However, I'm not criticiszing our current players...I'm just saying that G Jackson was a stud...and losing him SUCKS! no matter who we have, or how good they turn out, this is a fact.

bostonred
08-19-2014, 06:25 PM
Referring to hoops