PDA

View Full Version : Sammie Epps arrested for pot.

Jacksondevildog
08-19-2014, 11:16 AM
http://oxfordcitizen.com/2014/08/19/ole-miss-wr-epps-arrested-oxford-police/

He just needs a little more Jesus from Hugh Freeze. He will have to run one more gasser today at practice for punishment.

starkvegasdawg
08-19-2014, 11:20 AM
Heard they gave these out at practice Monday.

http://www.evangelism247.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/frequent_sinner1.png

Jacksondevildog
08-19-2014, 11:23 AM
He just needs a good "commitment service" on Sunday morning at First Baptist Oxford like they had last sunday.

ShotgunDawg
08-19-2014, 11:24 AM
Epps should just go to Haiti for a few weeks. I'm sure that'll do the trick.

Jacksondevildog
08-19-2014, 11:25 AM
Epps should just go to Haiti for a few weeks. I'm sure that'll do the trick.

Or a crowded beach in Panama City/Gulf Shores.

Gen. Grant
08-19-2014, 11:59 AM
Televangelist Freeze needs more money to help save this young man from the clutches of sin and satan. Y'all donate!****

MetEdDawg
08-19-2014, 12:03 PM
Does OM even have a mandatory minimum punishment for a first time drug offense? I'm pretty sure we do and that we have one of if not the strictest drug policies in the SEC along with Georgia. I think this would equate to a missed game if he were in Starkville but I could be wrong. Can't wait to see what he gets in Oxford.

BeastMan
08-19-2014, 12:07 PM
Does OM even have a mandatory minimum punishment for a first time drug offense? I'm pretty sure we do and that we have one of if not the strictest drug policies in the SEC along with Georgia. I think this would equate to a missed game if he were in Starkville but I could be wrong. Can't wait to see what he gets in Oxford.

OM and Florida have the most relaxed in the conference (or did).

LeakyD
08-19-2014, 12:10 PM
Brunette got zero last year. Punishment is always "in house" or the player is cleared after internal investigation finds no wrongdoing.

Also remember that they cleared Denzel in the frat house beating but there was never any word on any other suspects in the beatdown of one of their own students.

MadDawg
08-19-2014, 12:15 PM
I fear for his soul. ***

Clanga
08-19-2014, 12:37 PM
It's pot.....so what....illegal but hardly the worst thing in the world.

scottycameron
08-19-2014, 12:48 PM

Nobody is saying it's the WORST thing in the world. We're just saying he's a thug. A dope smoking thug.

RossDawg82
08-19-2014, 12:57 PM
Nobody is saying it's the WORST thing in the world. We're just saying he's a thug. A dope smoking thug.

I don't know him personally, but I don't think smoking pot makes you a thug at all.

HancockCountyDog
08-19-2014, 01:02 PM
Epps needs to have Nick Marshall argue his case for him, im sure he will sit a whole series against Arkansas.

BiscuitEater
08-19-2014, 01:12 PM
Who's turn is to update ... THE Official Ole Miss Screw-Up Timeline thread?

MetEdDawg
08-19-2014, 01:39 PM
Who's turn is to update ... THE Official Ole Miss Screw-Up Timeline thread?

It amazes me that we had to make that timeline to demonstrate how bad it actually is over there. I mean it should be blatantly obvious by now how many issues and problems they have over there, yet they still maintain this superiority complex over us.

Once they win more than 1 out of every 5 Egg Bowls and they stop having guys get busted by the cops on a semi regular basis they can claim to be the flagship. Until then they just look like a below average football university with serious internal and external problems on their football team that no one in their organization has any chance of controlling or stopping.

Dawg61
08-19-2014, 01:41 PM
Did he fall for the old order the pizza trick again?

quickstrike2
08-19-2014, 01:44 PM
Nothing to see here. Will be handled in house, which means patted on the back. Possibly might have to make a reference to Christianity in some way on Twitter.

RC3
08-19-2014, 01:50 PM
i have said this before on here and I will say this again, we should not be casting stones for incidents such as this

MetEdDawg
08-19-2014, 02:01 PM
i have said this before on here and I will say this again, we should not be casting stones for incidents such as this

It's not casting stones on the act. It's casting stones on the lack of action by said university. Of course we've had our fair share of players suspended games for this. But at least we've had our share SUSPENDED. At OM I'm not sure they even have a game time missed penalty for this kind of offense.

The point is that they should. I'm casting stones on the fact they don't hold their players accountable. We've suspended big players before under Mullen. They should set an example and hold players accountable. But then again if they did that they wouldn't be Ole Miss.

ShotgunDawg
08-19-2014, 02:09 PM

Dude, listen, for just a minute.

We all realize that pot isn't that big of a deal. We aren't making fun of Epps so much as we are making fun of their televangelist, hypocritical head coach that has attempted to recruit and build an SEC football program off on the back of Christian ministry.

I am not going to sit here and say that MSU players don't smoke pot, because I'm fairly positive that, if given the window of opportunity, many MSU players may partake in this behavior, but Mullen doesn't stand on the pull pit and claim to preaching Jesus during the recruiting process either.

Pollodawg
08-19-2014, 02:41 PM
Dude, listen, for just a minute.

We all realize that pot isn't that big of a deal. We aren't making fun of Epps so much as we are making fun of their televangelist, hypocritical head coach that has attempted to recruit and build an SEC football program off on the back of Christian ministry.

I am not going to sit here and say that MSU players don't smoke pot, because I'm fairly positive that, if given the window of opportunity, many MSU players may partake in this behavior, but Mullen doesn't stand on the pull pit and claim to preaching Jesus during the recruiting process either.

Nailed it. Has nothing to do with smoking pot.

EAVdog
08-19-2014, 03:31 PM
Ole Miss has a reputation as a school with a higher than average drug culture. I'm not saying this proves it but they have an awful lot of these types of minor incidents.

jumbo
08-19-2014, 03:52 PM
He will be suspended indefinitely and will then be reinstated just in time for the season after he leads a group of troubled Oxford teens to Jesus

Dawgcentral
08-19-2014, 05:44 PM
Here's my thinking. Smoking pot occasionally? It's to be expected from a broad standpoint from SOME segment of the student population. (that's certainly not based on race, have no idea what color this Epps guy is). But carrying it around in your vehicle is simply asking for trouble. Even high school kids should know that. So in the very least, we have a guy that feels like he has to travel with his dope, instead of taking a toke now and then at home just to chill.

That, in my opinion shows a tendency toward daily use of the substance.

Dawg61
08-19-2014, 06:31 PM
Players gonna play haters gonna hate - Bucky Freezus

sbcmortgageman
08-19-2014, 07:40 PM
His punishment will be a redshirt year and handled internally. Book it.

Coach34
08-19-2014, 08:37 PM
Don't tell one if our recruits you "fear for his soul if he goes to State"- and then turn around and have incident after incident make the headlines from Oxford