PDA

View Full Version : Coach, I have an idea to kill remaining preseason time.

Lloyd Christmas
08-19-2014, 08:53 AM
I did not play football as a kid. However, 8 years of being a State fan and playing NCAA and Madden have given me a fairly solid grasp on how the game works. However, I must confess that I know very little about what makes an Oline great..i.e. who should be where, why one guy is a great Tackle but a shitty Guard, how different offenses require diferent lines etc etc....

I would love to see an "OLine for Dummies" writeup if you have the desire/time to write it. You could do this for DLine and other positions as well and then archive the articles so people could go back and educate themselves. Just a thought.

Coach34
08-19-2014, 09:13 AM
Hmmmm- ok. Hopefully you read what I wrote yesterday and got something from that about our OL. I'll see if I can put something together either tonight or tomorrow if I get time. Headed out of town Thursday-Sunday for our national sales meeting. Should be a condomfest

Lloyd Christmas
08-19-2014, 09:17 AM
Hmmmm- ok. Hopefully you read what I wrote yesterday and got something from that about our OL. I'll see if I can put something together either tonight or tomorrow if I get time. Headed out of town Thursday-Sunday for our national sales meeting. Should be a condomfest

I did, it was a good writeup. Looking forward to it.

Political Hack
08-19-2014, 10:26 AM
you put the tall ones outside.

question: difference between OG and OT on our system, or in general? Big distinction there IMO. Mullen will pull the center right across from a 0 if he gets a tingle for it. Everyone has to be able to block second level at State... but seriously, put the tall guys on the outside.

I like this topic. looking forward to C34's insight.