PDA

View Full Version : Booger McFarland picks the Bears to go 10-2?

dawgclub99
08-18-2014, 08:07 PM
How? We are an 8-4 according to McElroy, but they are 10-2? We need to go out and smash some heads to earn some respect.

Bully Dee Williams
08-18-2014, 08:11 PM
He also said that Tony Connor was one of the best corners in the country, Chris Kiffin was the best DL coach in the conference, OM has a stable of stud RBs, and that OM has the best Dline in the SEC. So there's that...

msstate7
08-18-2014, 08:17 PM
He also said that Tony Connor was one of the best corners in the country, Chris Kiffin was the best DL coach in the conference, OM has a stable of stud RBs, and that OM has the best Dline in the SEC. So there's that...

If he truly said that, I suspect OM is paying some of these "analysts"

I seen it dawg
08-18-2014, 08:18 PM
Think about it....his name is Booger....

Bully Dee Williams
08-18-2014, 08:19 PM
He said each of those things plus RN is hands down the best DT in the league. There were other jewels as well.

CadaverDawg
08-18-2014, 08:21 PM
He must be high. Did he go to Haiti this summer?

Coach34
08-18-2014, 08:22 PM
How? We are an 8-4 according to McElroy, but they are 10-2? We need to go out and smash some heads to earn some respect.

They are the media darlings just like they were in 2009- and this is their best team EVAHHHHH. Their most talent EVAHHHHHHH. Crooms could win 9 games with that team.

It's time to kickoff and see if the pundits are correct

msstate7
08-18-2014, 08:22 PM
He said each of those things plus RN is hands down the best DT in the league. There were other jewels as well.

Then someone OM related has paid him to hype them up or he's incredibly stupid

CadaverDawg
08-18-2014, 08:23 PM
Maybe Booger is right. OM should probably win more than 10 if those things are correct. Any team with the best corner, DT, coaches, etc, should probably win 12, not 10.

mic
08-18-2014, 08:26 PM
Think about it....his name is Booger....

Exactly

EAVdog
08-18-2014, 08:30 PM
Ole Miss should be a lock to get to Atlanta. If they can't do it this year then they never will.

MarketingBully01
08-18-2014, 08:37 PM

I've never seen a team ride one win to these heights. Met has the worst game of his career and TSUN rides it to 18/19 in the preseason polls and Booger picking them 10-2. Wait a second, why do they need two dumb LSU DLs as commentators on the SEC Network. Why not at least find another DL from a different school. That really is the biggest difference in last year between Ole Miss and MSU's seasons. Met having the game of his life vs him having the worst game of his life. Once we beat LSU to go 4-0, I think we will be fine.

Political Hack
08-18-2014, 08:48 PM
Ole Miss should be a lock to get to Atlanta. If they can't do it this year then they never will.

I agree. if they can't win it all this year, they never will. they're obviously the most talented team in the sec.

Pollodawg
08-18-2014, 08:50 PM
What the hell is a Booger McFarland?

TheRef
08-18-2014, 08:54 PM

This is a Booger McFarland

http://tbo.com/storyimage/TB/20121014/ARTICLE/310149960/AR/0/AR-310149960.jpg

CadaverDawg
08-18-2014, 08:55 PM

http://mobilemarketingsolution.ca/wp-content/plugins/RSSPoster_PRO/cache/a3438_mucinex-mr-mucus.png

IMissJack
08-18-2014, 09:00 PM
Hands down? I don't know, he is talented, no doubt. But, in the end guys that are unreliable will hurt you somewhere along the line.

RougeDawg
08-18-2014, 09:01 PM
I would laugh in anyone's face who predicted them to go 10-2 on Playststion 3,let alone on the real field. They will get exposed this year. Mark my word. Us and Mizzou gave the perfect game plan to beat them. It's just up to the other teams to implement it. I've never seen a team with so little depth and nothing great from the year before, get so much preseason hype. They have top heavy talent but very little talented and experienced depth. How is this being overlooked by so many people? Those recruiting classes don't fill up their two deeps. There's some obvious disconnect in reality with most of these announcers. I get they don't even know that Dak only played around 60% of the snaps last year, his first year to play meaningful snaps.

OM's stud QB and two NFL WR's were shut the f*ck down the last two regular season games yet these clowns think they're world beaters this year, without moncrief. The shit is beyond laughable now.

BulldogBear
08-18-2014, 09:01 PM
They are the media darlings just like they were in 2009- and this is their best team EVAHHHHH. Their most talent EVAHHHHHHH. Crooms could win 9 games with that team.

It's time to kickoff and see if the pundits are correct

^THIS

"rebels rising" is a phrase thrown around so much in publications the last ten years that the status of catchphrase should be suspended for that particular one.

Reason2succeed
08-18-2014, 09:09 PM
I actually love it. Our team should be PISSED and that's how I want them.

There is NO WAY that OM lives up to their hype especially as thin as they are at DB and OL. Their fall with be swift and great. Meanwhile back at the farm my dawgs will rise to the occasion. Sounds like a perfect scenario to me.

Political Hack
08-18-2014, 09:13 PM
the kid from Florida is way better than him right now.

LiterallyPolice
08-18-2014, 09:17 PM
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Remember guys... When you care about preseason predictions, you are caring about things that don't matter. Ole Miss will always excel in the things that don't matter; don't give credence to them.

<insert The More You Know logo>

cheewgumm
08-18-2014, 09:19 PM
Those LSU guys luv them sum ole
Miss. Weird.

IMissJack
08-18-2014, 09:23 PM
I actually think this type of hype does fuel our team's dislike for UM. They wonder why we "get up" for the egg bowl more than them. It's because our team hears this crap all year, and hate them as much as we do.

I seen it dawg
08-18-2014, 09:26 PM
Worst thing that can happen to Ole Miss is the season actually start where they have to take the field and play a real game.

Bully Dee Williams
08-18-2014, 09:36 PM
Like I just said on twitter, "the preseason: the one place where OM is relevant."

godlluB
08-18-2014, 09:48 PM
Miss. Weird.

You know that little dog that is always trying to bite your ankle like it's some kind of bad ass, and so you lean over and pat it on the head and say, "Oh, look at 'em, isn't that cute?"

Yeah, that's LSU vs. Ole Miss

RougeDawg
08-18-2014, 10:38 PM
Booger said BroLocks is physical?? That's all anyone should need to hear to see how f*cking ignorant booger is. Just watching this preview and it's laughable. Stable of RB's?? What the f*ck is booger reading? Complete preview is a joke.

MarketingBully01
08-18-2014, 10:46 PM
I've never seen a team ride one win to these heights. Met has the worst game of his career and TSUN rides it to 18/19 in the preseason polls and Booger picking them 10-2. Wait a second, why do they need two dumb LSU DLs as commentators on the SEC Network. Why not at least find another DL from a different school. That really is the biggest difference in last year between Ole Miss and MSU's seasons. Met having the game of his life vs him having the worst game of his life. Once we beat LSU to go 4-0, I think we will be fine.

Woot! My post made Rebels247 again...gotta love it. I will be heavily rooting for the Broncos over you pricks and will laugh when they upset you. Win the preseason as stated by Freezus!

RougeDawg
08-18-2014, 10:51 PM
I'm trying to gather these predictions from Booger. He's calling them small and bad on critical downs on defense, but saying they have the best defense? This doesn't add up at all. Think I'm going to keep the TV off until next Thursday, if they keep putting morons on like booger who contradict themselves in the same sentence.

yjnkdawg
08-18-2014, 11:04 PM
Booger said BroLocks is physical?? That's all anyone should need to hear to see how f*cking ignorant booger is. Just watching this preview and it's laughable. Stable of RB's?? What the f*ck is booger reading? Complete preview is a joke.

It sounds like he has MSU and OM mixed up on the "Stable of RB's" just like that ESPN article where it was said that if Bo Wallace hadn't fumbled into the endzone, in the Egg Bowl, then OM would have not won the game, or something like that. These two former LSU so-called SEC Commentators need to do more research or they need to join Fancy on Scout. Pathetic Pathetic.

yjnkdawg
08-18-2014, 11:08 PM

And he probably is the best DT in the league dealing with legal matters.

yjnkdawg
08-18-2014, 11:15 PM
Maybe Booger is right. OM should probably win more than 10 if those things are correct. Any team with the best corner, DT, coaches, etc, should probably win 12, not 10.

If they are that good, then they should skip the NCAA National Championship game and move on up to the NFL and play in the Super Bowl.

MarketingBully01
08-18-2014, 11:18 PM
Once we win in Baton Rouge this year, I'd love to see the look on Marcus Spears' face. It will be priceless to say the least. At least McElroy left himself an out because he said we had the talent and everything just need to prove it. I think Spears' mouth is the one that was emphatic about us saying basically we have a zero chance of beating LSU this year.

yjnkdawg
08-18-2014, 11:45 PM
Once we win in Baton Rouge this year, I'd love to see the look on Marcus Spears' face. It will be priceless to say the least. At least McElroy left himself an out because he said we had the talent and everything just need to prove it. I think Spears' mouth is the one that was emphatic about us saying basically we have a zero chance of beating LSU this year..

Spears did say that on SEC Network launch night and then Finebaum burst his bubble and basically said the two Mississippi teams were better than LSU.

BulldogBear
08-19-2014, 07:36 AM

Would only half surprise me if he has Bo and Dak confused

Coach34
08-19-2014, 07:39 AM
Ole Missus has the most talent any team from Mississippi has evahhhh seen. Get off their ass and let's kick this bitch off so we can enjoy watching all the greatness

DawgHouseUnited
08-19-2014, 08:18 AM
Miss. Weird.

See, that's what a Real Rivalry looks like*

MadDawg
08-19-2014, 08:47 AM
How? We are an 8-4 according to McElroy, but they are 10-2?

Don't know if you've noticed the polls and stuff, but everyone that doesn't wear maroon colored glasses think they will be better than us this year. I realize this might get me banned.

RougeDawg
08-19-2014, 09:21 AM
Don't know if you've noticed the polls and stuff, but everyone that doesn't wear maroon colored glasses think they will be better than us this year. I realize this might get me banned.

The reason everyone thinks they are better than us is the "snowball effect" of oeople only reading about the recruiting class rankings, two straight bowls, beating one of the most inept Texas team in 50 years, and skirting by LSU while Metroberger had the worst game of his career. One uneducated article fueled the next and they keep rolling in about their talent and who they beat. When you hear something over and over, even if inaccurate, most people will start to believe it.

These writers are just trying to get articles out as soon as possible without doing much digging into the facts and what happens. Thus they just recycle the previous article, give it their own twist and regurgitate the info. After 8 months of these articles you have the two polls and Booger's ignorant comments as end results. I attempted to explain this to some fellow tailgate buddies, but they couldn't fathom the snowball effect of the media. After all it is the easiest lazy safe bet to write about after someone has a top 5 recruiting class. That was the initial story that got repeated over and iver, essentially getting the ball rolling. The casual writer failed to notice how dismal they were at end of season and how little depth they have in key positions.

We will soon see the real Beavers in a lil over a week. Boise returns a good bit, including OLine and SR QB.

archdog
08-19-2014, 10:14 AM
I am concerned for them as a fan base. When they fall flat on their faces, what kind of excuses are they going to make?
Nerd Alert: If I could, make a quick Game of Thrones reference. Everyone thinks that Freeze is the second coming of Azor Ahai, but I say where there is light but no heat there is a fake.

Bear@Work
08-19-2014, 10:20 AM
If he truly said that, I suspect OM is paying some of these "analysts"

I think they finally threw enough money at BeastMan that they bought him off too! He's had some pretty Probear posts lately. Either that or dirt.

BulldogBear
08-19-2014, 10:55 AM
I am concerned for them as a fan base. When they fall flat on their faces, what kind of excuses are they going to make?
Nerd Alert: If I could, make a quick Game of Thrones reference. Everyone thinks that Freeze is the second coming of Azor Ahai, but I say where there is light but no heat there is a fake.

He's the mummer's dragon