08-18-2014, 07:13 PM
for those that may be interested.

Bully041184
08-18-2014, 07:20 PM
Greg Mcelroy is in love with us

Leroy Jenkins
08-18-2014, 07:23 PM

Greg is very comfortable. Doesn't look like a 1st year host, may have found his calling. Smart guy too.

MarketingBully01
08-18-2014, 07:25 PM
He is spot on. I am guessing he will pick us at 9-3. I like his synopsis.

Bully041184
08-18-2014, 07:30 PM
Greg is very comfortable. Doesn't look like a 1st year host, may have found his calling. Smart guy too.

Absolutely

hailmari
08-18-2014, 07:31 PM
Fair final prediction, I guess. We do have to finally show that we can beat somebody with a pulse.

BeardoMSU
08-18-2014, 07:31 PM

Not that in love with us....

I don't disagree with his analysis, though. I appreciate the fact that he wants us to "prove it", rather than just giving us the hype. I think we will.

MarketingBully01
08-18-2014, 07:32 PM
He gave a fair preview and picked us at 8-4 at this stage. He said he could easily see us at 9-3 to 11-1 as well but said we will have to show him. That LSU game week 4 IMO is the biggest game since the Alabama game in 99. Win that one and the sky is the limit.

Political Hack
08-18-2014, 07:33 PM
outside of the egg bowl (we win 80% of the time), it's hard to argue with his predictions.

BeardoMSU
08-18-2014, 07:35 PM
He gave a fair preview and picked us at 8-4 at this stage. He said he could easily see us at 9-3 to 11-1 as well but said we will have to show him. That LSU game week 4 IMO is the biggest game since the Alabama game in 99. Win that one and the sky is the limit.

In terms of media hype, yes, the LSU game is really important, but I think as long as we split them and Auburn, while beating A&M, we'll be fine. I'd prefer to beat Auburn, honestly, mainly since it's at home, and they'll likely be higher ranked at the time (plus I hate those bastards). While I do desperately want to beat LSU finally, losing to them in BR is nothing to be ashamed about.

MarketingBully01
08-18-2014, 07:46 PM
Correct, but wouldn't you like to beat both. :). Our schedule sets up perfectly to accomplish this goal. We get a week off after the LSU game. I just don't think LSU will be able to pass enough to move the ball against us. I think only a balanced offense will be able to move it on us. I think we win something like 24-14 against LSU. I don't buy a team with mostly freshmen in important positions will beat us no matter how talented they are or where it is.

Bully041184
08-18-2014, 08:31 PM
Not that in love with us....

I don't disagree with his analysis, though. I appreciate the fact that he wants us to "prove it", rather than just giving us the hype. I think we will.

I said that part as I was watching it live about halfway through. After his prediction at the end, obviously he's not fully in love as my original thought. Fair assessment for sure.

shoeless joe
08-18-2014, 09:59 PM
Good overview. McElroy only said one incorrect thing the whole show. He said we have to prove we can beat these teams after giving a loss to OM...I think we've proven that. But in all fairness I think his projections are pretty spot on. He definitely did his homework and had knowledge of almost our entire team. First talkin head on the network that I can say that about.

ETA: he also said he sees no major holes...obviously he hasn't seen our kicking game. So thats 2 mistakes, still better than most I've seen.

fishwater99
08-19-2014, 08:22 AM
Good overview. McElroy only said one incorrect thing the whole show. He said we have to prove we can beat these teams after giving a loss to OM...I think we've proven that. But in all fairness I think his projections are pretty spot on. He definitely did his homework and had knowledge of almost our entire team. First talkin head on the network that I can say that about.

ETA: he also said he sees no major holes...obviously he hasn't seen our kicking game. So thats 2 mistakes, still better than most I've seen.

It's past time for a Top 20 Win..

RT is also now a whole in our starting lineup..

Coach34
08-19-2014, 08:28 AM
Right Tackle is not a hole at all. It tells me a lot that Hev is going to play senior there after he worried since February he was going to have to play Malone there. If he feels good enough about Senior and Warren not to move Malone- then we are fine

quickstrike2
08-19-2014, 08:34 AM
Thought it was a fair analysis and prediction. We do have to beat some of these teams before we get the full love. Maybe this will be the year to win the ones we are suppose to and a few that we aren't.

deltadawg99
08-19-2014, 08:35 AM
McElroy is far better than Spears or Tebow.

I thought that his prediction was fair and accurate. Didn't bash us by any means, but we haven't beaten anybody that we weren't supposed to do in a very long time so it's hard for people to pick anything higher than 8-4.

dickiedawg
08-19-2014, 10:06 AM
One thing that stood out to me was he said we could have one of the top 2 or 3 offenses in the league. When I heard that, I thought he was going to pick us to win the division! We know our defense is going to be terrific. If we have a top 3 offense to go with it- that's a playoff-type team.

Then he picks us to go 8-4.

DudyDawg
08-19-2014, 10:15 AM
Completely fine w it. If you look at it, he never contradicted himself. He said we COULD have a ten, eleven win year. COULD have the top two or three defenses/offenses. That dak had the POTENTIAL to be great and has a high ceiling. He basically said what we all have, that this team CAN compete for the west, but that he won't PREDICT us to until we show we can beat the big boys, which is something we struggle with historically

Political Hack
08-19-2014, 10:16 AM
after watching the first quarter of the A&M game, I'm a little worried about LT again.

Political Hack
08-19-2014, 10:17 AM
he said 8-4, but that number could easily go to 10 or even 11. Said egg bowl is a coin toss and it's in Oxford so they get the edge.

fishwater99
08-19-2014, 10:20 AM
Right Tackle is not a hole at all. It tells me a lot that Hev is going to play senior there after he worried since February he was going to have to play Malone there. If he feels good enough about Senior and Warren not to move Malone- then we are fine

I hope your right, but we sure don't need anymore OL season-ending injuries.

War Machine Dawg
08-19-2014, 10:32 AM
I think McElroy's a douche who can't use basic logic. 4/5 in the Mullen Era proves we can beat TSUN home OR away. The BearShark lovefest is ridiculous right now. If he's using "prove it" as his criteria for us being 8-4, then he should have given us the Egg Bowl W and a L to aTm. Or do the most logical thing and give us both for 9-3.

DudyDawg
08-19-2014, 10:55 AM
I think McElroy's a douche who can't use basic logic. 4/5 in the Mullen Era proves we can beat TSUN home OR away. The BearShark lovefest is ridiculous right now. If he's using "prove it" as his criteria for us being 8-4, then he should have given us the Egg Bowl W and a L to aTm. Or do the most logical thing and give us both for 9-3.

He did use logic. He brought up our recent struggles with top teams (losses to Bama LSU and Auburn) and said our game w TSUN is a coin toss, which a lot of people agree with. He was very apprehensive to pick, so he just gave it to the home team

Johnson85
08-19-2014, 10:56 AM
Correct, but wouldn't you like to beat both. :). Our schedule sets up perfectly to accomplish this goal. We get a week off after the LSU game. I just don't think LSU will be able to pass enough to move the ball against us. I think only a balanced offense will be able to move it on us. I think we win something like 24-14 against LSU. I don't buy a team with mostly freshmen in important positions will beat us no matter how talented they are or where it is.

I think if LSU beats us it will be a win for their special teams and defense. Unless their new QB just really steps up, I don't see them being able to wear us down on defense. I fully expect to lose that game, but I expect to outplay them the whole game and lose because of some combination of a missed field goal/blown assignment in the secondary/defensive score by LSU.

sandwolf
08-19-2014, 11:16 AM

Mullen has won once in Oxford, against a 4-8 OM team that was in disarray. Other than that game and the 2003 game in Starkville (Eli's senior year), the home team has won every Egg Bowl since the turn of the century. So, it is hardly unreasonable for him to predict OM to beat us this year.

TrapGame
08-19-2014, 11:27 AM
Mullen has won once in Oxford, against a 4-8 OM team that was in disarray. Other than that game and the 2003 game in Starkville (Eli's senior year), the home team has won every Egg Bowl since the turn of the century. So, it is hardly unreasonable for him to predict OM to beat us this year.

The oxford EB loss in 2012 was because: Tyler Russell was a square peg in a round hole and Wilson's defense was total crap. This will not be the case this year in oxford.

FISHDAWG
08-19-2014, 12:57 PM
good preview ... one thing this new network has reminded me of was ........ Chris Relf was a BEAR KILLER

War Machine Dawg
08-19-2014, 01:15 PM
The oxford EB loss in 2012 was because: Tyler Russell was a square peg in a round hole and Wilson's defense was total crap. This will not be the case this year in oxford.

Exactly. Nickoe 1-on-1 with Moncrief? C'mon, mane.

The Croom Diaries
08-19-2014, 01:30 PM

I'd say it's fair considering that 13 of the last 15 Egg Bowl winners were the home team, and in the years where the road team won the home team was terrible and facing a road team having their best season in a decade.