PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma RB suspended for year

GreenheadDawg
08-18-2014, 04:45 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11372291/joe-mixon-oklahoma-sooners-suspended-season

How long before Freeze shows him the light and the way out of darkness and into Oxford?

chef dixon
08-18-2014, 04:56 PM
The way suspensions have gone lately in sports, I am pretty surprised he got such stiff penalty. Stoops has a pretty good track record of steep penalties for his players. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at Ole Miss. I think they count these arrests as credit hours towards qualification and core requirements in the criminal justice curriculum.

Chip
08-18-2014, 08:58 PM
Mixon is supposed to be a stud out of California, though he never was allowed into fall practice after the summer incident. He got into a late night verbal altercation with a girl who allegedly pushed him and slapped him. There were some racial and homosexual slurs thrown around in the incident too, supposedly. He cold cocked her, breaking her nose and several other bones in her face. He was charged with a misdemeanor, but there is video evidence, and the speculation is that Stoops & the OU President saw it today at the County Courthouse, and it apparently wasn't very flattering as far as Mixon's actions.

There's some talk that he may transfer back to a Cali school to escape the press surrounding the deal. There's also currently as much talk amongst OU insiders that he will stay put and ride out his punishment, and workout with the team again in the spring. He would have been 4th string this fall, by all accounts. OU has a Junior and Sophomore battling it out for 1, and have a true Freshman named Perine that has gotten the most raves for a true Fr from anyone since AD. Remember that name Samaje Perine. He goes about 240, and has had a really good camp.