PDA

View Full Version : DeShon Cooper enrolls at Co-Lin

ShotgunDawg
08-18-2014, 03:51 PM
Looks like another from the heralded 2014 class won't make it to campus. Somehow Tee got into Ole Miss.

jumbo
08-18-2014, 04:01 PM
He could just be doing that as a backup in the case he isn't cleared. I find it hard to believe he would be cleared to practice with the team only to be told he didn't actually qualify.

starkvegasdawg
08-18-2014, 04:14 PM
I think you are allowed to practice up to the point you are declared academically ineligible.

RougeDawg
08-18-2014, 04:34 PM
Yet the national media members will only remember the ranking if the class, not who actually enrolls and makes the roster, thus creating a perceived "great talent" level. Then he will commit to th the next 2 years, elevating their ranking, adding to a perceived elevated talent level. Their last two classes have lost some hefty recruiting class "point contributors" yet no one seems to take notice of it. They have no more talent than we do, yet people think there is a drastic talent gap. Maybe we should start signing the same 4 star guys for 2 or 3 consecutive years to inflate our perceived talent like OM and we will be ranked preseason after just a mediocre season.

1bigdawg
08-18-2014, 04:36 PM
I think you are allowed to practice up to the point you are declared academically ineligible.

Actually, you can practice up to two weeks prior to getting clearance. While it is unlikely that he will make it at this point, we have not heard that the NCAA ruled against him.

EAVdog
08-18-2014, 04:42 PM
Would suck if true. But seeing the walk-on get a scholly initially made me think that someone didn't make it. Otherwise the numbers wouldn't work, at least that was my impression.

ShotgunDawg
08-18-2014, 04:43 PM
Yet the national media members will only remember the ranking if the class, not who actually enrolls and makes the roster, thus creating a perceived "great talent" level. Then he will commit to th the next 2 years, elevating their ranking, adding to a perceived elevated talent level. Their last two classes have lost some hefty recruiting class "point contributors" yet no one seems to take notice of it. They have no more talent than we do, yet people think there is a drastic talent gap. Maybe we should start signing the same 4 star guys for 2 or 3 consecutive years to inflate our perceived talent like OM and we will be ranked preseason after just a mediocre season.

DeShon Cooper signed with MSU dude. This is our problem, not Ole Miss'

The final depth of our 2014 class blows donkey balls. Not good enough to stay competitive in this conference. The 2015 class is good enough, but we MUST hold onto it and add a few pieces.

Point is, we can't just take years off from recruiting in this conference. Not every class has to be of 2015 levels, but we can't have what happened in 2014 happen with any sort of regularity. We only had 18 or so schollys in 2014 and had non-qualifiers. Why does an SEC team have to do that?

smootness
08-18-2014, 05:52 PM
The final depth of our 2014 class blows donkey balls.

Uh, no.

RougeDawg
08-18-2014, 05:59 PM

The final depth of our 2014 class blows donkey balls. Not good enough to stay competitive in this conference. The 2015 class is good enough, but we MUST hold onto it and add a few pieces.

Point is, we can't just take years off from recruiting in this conference. Not every class has to be of 2015 levels, but we can't have what happened in 2014 happen with any sort of regularity. We only had 18 or so schollys in 2014 and had non-qualifiers. Why does an SEC team have to do that?

Your OP worded like he didn't get in to OM but Tee did. My bad.

ShotgunDawg
08-18-2014, 06:01 PM
Your OP worded like he didn't get in to OM but Tee did. My bad.
Sorry about that. I was being sarcastic.

Really Clark?
08-18-2014, 06:05 PM

Huh? We signed 24 last year and 20 made it in. We were looking at being over the limit on signing day until after spring and the summer and adjustments were made to the roster. Two of the guys we knew wouldn't make it. Cooper and Pierce had work to do. And Pierce did a lot to try and get in. I thought this was talked about already and we are not loosing anyone that we thought besides Cooper. It was questionable the whole time with him.

War Machine Dawg
08-18-2014, 06:53 PM

Edited b/c I'm and idiot that didn't read the whole thread before responding.

maroonmania
08-18-2014, 07:27 PM

I agree that 2014 should have been better but Mullen has had worst classes than last year for sure. We were behind the 8 ball in MS last year with the location of a lot of the recruits whereas 2015 is much better for us. 2016 looks to be another challenge so we need to get busy.