PDA

View Full Version : Sorry if Germans...regarding FG kicking

rbdog82
08-18-2014, 01:33 PM
I wasn't at the scrimmage Saturday, but I did hear from someone that was there that we made 1 of 8 FG attempts from inside 35yds. He didn't give me the breakdown (who kicked what, who actually made one, etc.). Anyone else heard anything on this?

1bigdawg
08-18-2014, 01:51 PM
I heard we only missed one FG during the scrimmage.

thf24
08-18-2014, 01:55 PM
I heard we only missed one FG during the scrimmage.

I heard something similar, but there was a post on the other board this morning saying the same as the OP. Odd that there are wildly varying stories about the kicking game flying around.

missouridawg
08-18-2014, 01:57 PM
I wasn't at the scrimmage Saturday, but I did hear from someone that was there that we made 1 of 8 FG attempts from inside 35yds. He didn't give me the breakdown (who kicked what, who actually made one, etc.). Anyone else heard anything on this?

The more you worry about this publicly, the wilder the rumors are going to get. OM loves people like you.

Our kicking game could very well suck. It could be the worst in the history of football. And talking about it on a message board isn't going to make it better. Take your worrying minds elsewhere. You're feeding fuel to the fire.

rbdog82
08-18-2014, 02:10 PM
The more you worry about this publicly, the wilder the rumors are going to get. OM loves people like you.

Our kicking game could very well suck. It could be the worst in the history of football. And talking about it on a message board isn't going to make it better. Take your worrying minds elsewhere. You're feeding fuel to the fire.

I was just curious if anyone else had heard something similar. Nothing more.

Eric Nies Grind Time
08-18-2014, 02:18 PM
I am not picking on you OP...but I never get these types of posts. So vague...why didn't you just ask the guy who made the field goal? Did your friend just say this one sentence and run away?

rbdog82
08-18-2014, 02:22 PM
I am not picking on you OP...but I never get these types of posts. So vague...why didn't you just ask the guy who made the field goal? Did your friend just say this one sentence and run away?

I didn't ask and he didn't say. That's why I was curious if anyone else had heard anything and might be able to add some color. Again, I'm not trying to start something about our kicking game. I, like everyone else on here, wants to see us win as many games as possible.

BulldogBear
08-18-2014, 04:59 PM
If end up sucking that badly then let us fake it a bunch of times this season!

Dawgowar
08-18-2014, 05:23 PM
Well, what I heard from someone who didn't know was that our kickers as a group were not unwell.

MarketingBully01
08-18-2014, 06:54 PM
Nope, you are wrong 7/7 including a 52 yard long field goal. This was posted from someone who would know who was at the scrimmage. Paul Jones.

MarketingBully01
08-18-2014, 07:07 PM
It doesn't matter anyway though. Our fans thought process is 1/8 in a scrimmage oh no we suck 7/7 in a scrimmage, yes but that is a scrimmage what about in a game? Why don't we see what we can do in a game before freaking or making judgements about anything...

MarketingBully01
08-18-2014, 07:22 PM
Oh and just for the record, our scrimmage was on Friday not Saturday...

drunkernhelldawg
08-18-2014, 10:26 PM
Jeez. Guy gets attacked for mentioning the kicking game. What's next?

msstate7
08-18-2014, 10:29 PM
Jeez. Guy gets attacked for mentioning the kicking game. What's next?

War on kickers*