PDA

View Full Version : Engie - views of the new endzone

PassInterference
08-18-2014, 11:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLJ3pyj_BFQ

Not sure what elevation issues there are where the new endzone meets the east & west sides. But here is a good view of it.

engie
08-18-2014, 11:48 AM
Yeah, it matches up nicely in the actual stadium... It's a foot or so of elevation difference between the sides(allegedly)...

It's the concourse that I really want to see. They still haven't released pictures of the far east side of the new concourse transitioning to the east side -- because that part is going to be less than first class IMO. Going to have to put in stairs there to account for elevation differences. So, while 2/3 of the stadium flows underneath and is brand new -- you are going to have to walk down stairs or ramps to an older, outdated side.

I really hope they go ahead and renovate the lower east side next offseason. Haven't heard of there being any official plans to do it -- but I have to believe it's coming up very soon on the agenda...

Barking 13
08-18-2014, 11:49 AM
I love it..

steeldawg
08-18-2014, 12:01 PM
Yeah, it matches up nicely in the actual stadium... It's a foot or so of elevation difference between the sides(allegedly)...

It's the concourse that I really want to see. They still haven't released pictures of the far east side of the new concourse transitioning to the east side -- because that part is going to be less than first class IMO. Going to have to put in stairs there to account for elevation differences. So, while 2/3 of the stadium flows underneath and is brand new -- you are going to have to walk down stairs or ramps to an older, outdated side.

I really hope they go ahead and renovate the lower east side next offseason. Haven't heard of there being any official plans to do it -- but I have to believe it's coming up very soon on the agenda...

The east side with the expansion. The concourse is a good 8-10' above ground level. There is an access tunnel underneath the staircase/concourse in tha corner that connects the street with the field. It doesn't look too bad, but there is a significant elevation difference there.

maroonmania
08-18-2014, 12:04 PM
The east side with the expansion. The concourse is a good 8-10' above ground level. There is an access tunnel underneath the staircase/concourse in tha corner that connects the street with the field. It doesn't look too bad, but there is a significant elevation difference there.

So will a person in the East grandstands now be able to walk all the way around to underneath the West grandstands and vice versa?

steeldawg
08-18-2014, 12:09 PM
So will a person in the East grandstands now be able to walk all the way around to underneath the West grandstands and vice versa?

Yes you will just have to walk up a flight of stairs to get to the north EZ concourse.

engie
08-18-2014, 12:26 PM
Good info, thanks. I've been seeing it in my head about like that for awhile now. That area has been avoided in all the BDC pictures that I've seen...

Ultimately, I hope they go ahead and renovate the east concourse up to spec with the rest of the stadium when they likely put the distributed sound system in next year

PassInterference
08-18-2014, 12:41 PM
I also hope the upgrade the east concourse.

I also hope they bring some architectural uniformity the eastern exterior and to the M Club building exterior. It just needs some amount of brick & trim work to pull the whole stadium together.

Also need a little window dressing on both video boards to make them look like they belong to the same stadium.

whosyourdawgy
08-18-2014, 01:35 PM
I also hope the upgrade the east concourse.

I also hope they bring some architectural uniformity the eastern exterior and to the M Club building exterior. It just needs some amount of brick & trim work to pull the whole stadium together.

Also need a little window dressing on both video boards to make them look like they belong to the same stadium.

I'm happy as Hell. Looks awesome to me.