PDA

View Full Version : This has gone on long enough

starkvegasdawg
08-17-2014, 09:01 PM
http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/article/119662/prescription-filled-twins-fans-set-world-cowbell-record

BulldogBear
08-17-2014, 09:25 PM
Are they really this ignorant? Somebody call guiness. We have twice more than 1,003 in the student sections alone

TheRef
08-17-2014, 09:27 PM
Are they really this ignorant? Somebody call guiness. We have twice more than 1,003 in the student sections alone

If I don't hear an announcement from SS and the athletic department, soon, I'm writing an open letter on M&WN for everyone to send to the administration.

starkvegasdawg
08-17-2014, 09:32 PM
If I don't hear an announcement from SS and the athletic department, soon, I'm writing an open letter on M&WN for everyone to send to the administration.

Soon needs to be Tuesday. They have ignored us for long enough.

hailmari
08-17-2014, 09:36 PM
We have a game in two weeks. Sounds a good time to do what we would already naturally be doing.

Mjoelner34
08-17-2014, 09:40 PM
THE BRUCE Dickinson is gonna be pissed that they messed his name up!

ETA: Speaking of THE Bruce Dickinson, if we get the university to back this, what are the chances we could get him here to lead the ringing?

Dawg61
08-17-2014, 09:41 PM
Hahaha is this a fu@king joke? Let's crush that shit town's dreams. We get more cowbells than that at our men's golf tournament. We don't really but we should. Redneck golf U baby!! Out at the Waverly. We'd scare the members. Kinda wanna set the new record at something really off the wall though like a tennis match or golf tournament. Every baseball game weekend and football game shatters this record.

DawgHouseUnited
08-18-2014, 08:52 AM
Just sent a tweet to CDM, Strick, and Matt Wyatt telling them we can beat that record easy. 1,010 cowbells?

http://hlhsdad.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/tooeasy.jpg

starkvegasdawg
08-18-2014, 08:56 AM
Just sent a tweet to CDM, Strick, and Matt Wyatt telling them we can beat that record easy. 1,010 cowbells?

http://hlhsdad.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/tooeasy.jpg

I hope you get more of a response than I did. Which, if you get a response you will get more than I did.

DawgHouseUnited
08-18-2014, 09:06 AM
I hope you get more of a response than I did. Which, if you get a response you will get more than I did.

I got nothin' when I mentioned our thread on the charity cowbell idea. May resort to DM's instead of regular tweets.

starkvegasdawg
08-18-2014, 09:24 AM
It just really surprises me why they are not seemingly showing any interest in this. And dare I say it pisses me off too. Here is a golden opportunity to do nothing but have the university and athletic program shown in a positive light. There is no negative aspect to doing this. The school officially sets a world record we already hold. The fans of said school get to help out a local charity that was affected by budget cuts while officially setting the record. Why in the blue hell are they not jumping all over this? Making me rethink the opinion of those that say Strick is such a marketing guru. If he can't see the possibilities with this then there is something seriously wrong. And nobody even try to come back and say the Boys and Girls club might not want to be involved. I've never seen a charity yet turn down money.

FISHDAWG
08-18-2014, 09:26 AM
did you attach that link above ?

starkvegasdawg
08-18-2014, 09:34 AM

In my original tweet directly to Strick, Mullen, and Wyatt I did attach the link to the thread where the idea was first proposed.

DawgHouseUnited
08-18-2014, 09:34 AM

I did both times- the charity thread and then the Johnson City one as well. My only thought is that maybe they don't read them, because I'm like starkvegasdawg- I think it's a slam-dunk situation. That's why I'm going to try DM if I don't get something today, maybe it will have a higher chance of getting read.

Lloyd Christmas
08-18-2014, 09:36 AM

I did. It's amazing that our AD has missed this opportunity for a little free PR.

Lloyd Christmas
08-18-2014, 09:58 AM
Stricklin responded. Said that people have researched it and it's an involved process. Also said that it's not something to give up on but they are involved in other things at the moment. I'm ok with that, but this shouldn't be forgotten about.

FISHDAWG
08-18-2014, 10:00 AM
Stricklin responded. Said that people have researched it and it's an involved process. Also said that it's not something to give up on but they are involved in other things at the moment. I'm ok with that, but this shouldn't be forgotten about.

seed has been planted ... we shouldn't forget "to water" occasionally

ETA - well done archdawg and everyone else involved

DawgHouseUnited
08-18-2014, 10:04 AM

Hey you got a response- congrats!

starkvegasdawg
08-18-2014, 10:12 AM

They are involved in other things at the moment. Like what? Destroying the LFL tradition so they can eventually rent those boxes out as premium seating? All that response said to me is quit wasting my time I don't like the idea. It seems like most of the leg work has already been done. Guinness has been contacted and said that they need executive approval to proceed. It seems like about all Strick has to do is contact Guiness and say, "Yeah, I love this idea come on over for a home game. How does this date work for you?" and maybe fill out a form or two. I know he has a secretary that can fill out any paperwork. Now I'm just really pissed. He has a great opportunity just laid out in front of him and volunteers willing to do all the heavy lifting to make it happen. About all he has to do is give the 17'n go ahead and he can't becuase he's too busy? Playa please.

ScoobaDawg
08-18-2014, 10:45 AM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TheRef again.

BOOM thats what Im talking about... dont let this die!!

Political Hack
08-18-2014, 11:24 AM
It just really surprises me why they are not seemingly showing any interest in this. And dare I say it pisses me off too. Here is a golden opportunity to do nothing but have the university and athletic program shown in a positive light. There is no negative aspect to doing this. The school officially sets a world record we already hold. The fans of said school get to help out a local charity that was affected by budget cuts while officially setting the record. Why in the blue hell are they not jumping all over this? Making me rethink the opinion of those that say Strick is such a marketing guru. If he can't see the possibilities with this then there is something seriously wrong. And nobody even try to come back and say the Boys and Girls club might not want to be involved. I've never seen a charity yet turn down money.

retweet him and explain how it will make the Ath Dept money... instead of a charity and he'll respond. Got a new baseball stadium to build.

Dawg61
08-18-2014, 12:34 PM
Some of us would like to be able to buy our own spots in LFL too instead of always having to be buddy buddy with someone that's had the same spot for 40 years. Just saying. I like being friends and all but sooner or later I want to be daddy of the spot instead of that other guy for the last 40 years. Same spot. Maybe just maybe other people should get a chance to own a spot also. I get it if you own a spot you're mad but shit if you own a spot you've had it fu@king made for 40 fu@king years now. Share your toys bitch** there's others in the sandbox too.

ScoobaDawg
08-18-2014, 12:38 PM
Some of us would like to be able to buy our own spots in LFL too instead of always having to be buddy buddy with someone that's had the same spot for 40 years. Just saying. I like being friends and all but sooner or later I want to be daddy of the spot instead of that other guy for the last 40 years. Same spot. Maybe just maybe other people should get a chance to own a spot also. I get it if you own a spot you're mad but shit if you own a spot you've had it fu@king made for 40 fu@king years now. Share your toys bitch** there's others in the sandbox too.

The only chance you have is when prices go up and the changes are made. spots will open sadly no matter what... So you should be ready to pony up because the should treat new spaces not grandfathered to a higher amount.

And way to threadjack...this is about cowbells and a record. no LFL

starkvegasdawg
08-18-2014, 12:44 PM
And just for the record I do not own a LFL spot and have never attended a game out there.

Dawg61
08-18-2014, 02:40 PM
The only chance you have is when prices go up and the changes are made. spots will open sadly no matter what... So you should be ready to pony up because the should treat new spaces not grandfathered to a higher amount.

And way to threadjack...this is about cowbells and a record. no LFL

Yup my bad. Comment came out. I put in my 2c.. My bad though.