PDA

View Full Version : USM game

MitchD24
08-17-2014, 06:15 PM
If anyone has 4 tickets they're looking to sell please PM me.. Thanks in advance

Bigedawg
08-17-2014, 07:36 PM
1-888-GODAWGS. Plenty of tickets available.

TheRef
08-17-2014, 07:38 PM
1-888-GODAWGS. Plenty of tickets available.

For those of you who don't feel like coordinating letters to numbers. 1-888-463-2947

Maroonthirteen
08-18-2014, 08:48 AM
I'm a little surprised this isn't a sell out already. This is an exciting match up with an old rival, opening game and new additions to the stadium. That is a good receipe for a sell out. I guess there just isn't much interest from USM.

How many tickets did they sell? What is the talk down in south ms? Interest in this game?

ebdawg
08-18-2014, 11:09 AM
They only have 10 fans. How many tickets did you think they would sell? ***

Actually I have several co-workers that are Southern grads that have been talking about going to the game. They keep talking about it, but everytime I ask them if they have gotten tickets yet, they say no.
I think most aren't going to go because they know how bad they will get destroyed in this game.

Political Hack
08-18-2014, 11:19 AM
I think their fans know what's coming and don't appear to be too excited about This team's coming out party.

BulldogBacker
08-18-2014, 11:27 AM
My brother is a USM alumni and fan, and I invited him to come to Starkville, stay at my house and go to the game with me. He declined, because he said he didn't want to see USM utterly humbled. He had a place to stay, a free ticket, free food, and still wouldn't come.

Political Hack
08-18-2014, 11:51 AM
My brother is a USM alumni and fan, and I invited him to come to Starkville, stay at my house and go to the game with me. He declined, because he said he didn't want to see USM utterly humbled. He had a place to stay, a free ticket, free food, and still wouldn't come.

ouch. that's harsh. good to see you on the board Backer. Hope you've been doing well.

Dawgbite
08-18-2014, 11:59 AM
I have a friend who is one of the 10, he even has a skybox at the Rock. I offered him free tickets, RV parking pass and all the food and drink he could stand. His reply was " there is no way I'm watching that a$$ whoopin".

BulldogBacker
08-18-2014, 12:12 PM
ouch. that's harsh. good to see you on the board Backer. Hope you've been doing well.

I am asymptomatic, but still have that tumor in the bed of what remains of my pancreas. I was happy to know I didn't have to have surgery because they have an outstanding invasive radiologist who can inject the tumor with liquid nitrogen and freeze it. I go back to Mayo Clinic after the USM game to have it done. I'll return the Friday before the UAB game. I hope I am recovered enough to go to that game.

MSUDawg4Life
08-18-2014, 12:12 PM
My brother is a USM grad. We actually bought four tickets through USM to try to help them out. He said he's not going to wear any USM clothing though. He knows it's going to be a beat down. lol

Dawg Tired
08-18-2014, 12:54 PM
Quick question. I bought tickets through stubhub and the expected delivery date is Aug. 29th. Does anyone have experience with ticket delivery through stubhub and should I be worried about delivery delays?

ScoobaDawg
08-18-2014, 01:03 PM
Quick question. I bought tickets through stubhub and the expected delivery date is Aug. 29th. Does anyone have experience with ticket delivery through stubhub and should I be worried about delivery delays?
As long as you are where the tickets are gonna be delivered. 11 days to ship? Sounds like the seller is waiting to get the tickets (as many others have been talking about on another post)
That could make me worry.

ScoobaDawg
08-18-2014, 01:04 PM
and as far as the game..NO WAY its not a sellout. even if we have to donate 3k to the boys and girls club and boy scouts. No way we expand and dont fill it out for the first game officially.
But it should be a small USM crowd as noted. they all know whats coming.

Bothrops
08-18-2014, 01:58 PM
Man that's sad. Usm students and grads seem genuinely uninterested in sports all together. I'm not even sure if winning games could help that fanbase.

miketice
08-18-2014, 02:56 PM
I've had good luck everytime with the exception of the CWS. Dude sent them late and UPS had to re direct to OMAHA. But every other time they got here a few days before the game.

Dawg Tired
08-18-2014, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I felt a little foolish buying the tickets. I guess you'll have that when buying tickets under the influence. Hopefully the Aug. 29th delivery date is worst case scenario.

DownwardDawg
08-18-2014, 03:20 PM

Welcome to the board Backer

Jack Lambert
08-18-2014, 03:38 PM
The ones I have talked to don't want to go listen to 50k cowbells ringging while they are watching USM get pounded.

quickstrike2
08-18-2014, 03:50 PM
I assume some tickets will be available outside of the stadium? Sorry for my lack of knowledge, I've only been back to one game since getting this whole real world job thing.

Esmerelda Villalobos
08-18-2014, 03:52 PM
This is my most anticipated home game in about 14 years:

Cabo32
08-18-2014, 03:58 PM
I've got about 10 people coming with me in a RV. It's a mixture of state usm and bear alums. We're leaving Jackson Thursday morning and going to atl to watch OM play then driving to Starkville on Friday around lunch. We made these plans when we scheduled USM...the RV we're taking belongs to a buddy of mine(OM alum)..I bought a huge MSU flag to put on it too..should be a fun 4 day weekend...next week can not get here fast enough

Esmerelda Villalobos
08-18-2014, 04:03 PM
I've got about 10 people coming with me in a RV. It's a mixture of state usm and bear alums. We're leaving Jackson Thursday morning and going to atl to watch OM play then driving to Starkville on Friday around lunch. We made these plans when we scheduled USM...the RV we're taking belongs to a buddy of mine(OM alum)..I bought a huge MSU flag to put on it too..should be a fun 4 day weekend...next week can not get here fast enough

Sounds like a blast. Ill be at both games as well.

DownwardDawg
08-18-2014, 04:46 PM

As Ennis said, that sounds like a blast!