PDA

View Full Version : Injury

Dawgfan77
08-17-2014, 08:19 AM
Anyone got an inside source on a possible injury Friday night? This is not Myles but another injury.

Coach34
08-17-2014, 08:30 AM
Chatter is that a back-up 4-star OT tore his ACL and his career is over

GreenheadDawg
08-17-2014, 08:37 AM
I'm guessing his initials are JT

Dawgfan77
08-17-2014, 08:39 AM
I was thinking DR are the initials hence carrer is over.

MetEdDawg
08-17-2014, 08:45 AM
I was thinking DR are the initials hence carrer is over.

Well I believe JT tore his ACL before coming to MSU if I remember correctly. DR could always get a medical RS and come back. JT might end it with a 2nd torn ACL. I'm in the middle of recovering from a torn ACL and I will never question anyone for hanging up if they tear theirs. I especially won't question that if it happens twice. It sucks and I can't imagine trying to play football after it happening once, much less trying after you do it twice.

starkvegasdawg
08-17-2014, 08:49 AM
So the one position we just absolutely couldn't afford a loss in we just take a loss. Who forgot to sacrifice the chicken last week? I want answers.

Dawgfan77
08-17-2014, 08:49 AM
JT had been moved to guard that was another reason I guessed DR.

Dawgfan77
08-17-2014, 08:51 AM
So the one position we just absolutely couldn't afford a loss in we just take a loss. Who forgot to sacrifice the chicken last week? I want answers.
I hate it for anyone but as long as clausell and senior stay healthy we will be ok. If one of those two go down we are in trouble.

Goat Holder
08-17-2014, 09:19 AM
Anyone got an inside source on a possible injury Friday night? This is not Myles but another injury.

Wow, Danley just became a hell of a lot more important.

MarketingBully01
08-17-2014, 09:29 AM

Gotta love these threads since they are so productive. We will learn on Monday if this is true or not since that is when the media can talk to Dan. Until then, why speculate who it is especially if there is nothing to it. As I stated in a thread yesterday, please don't offer shit if you don't know shit. We are our own worst enemy at times. Man the football season can't get here soon enough.

MarketingBully01
08-17-2014, 09:30 AM

Delete...

GreenheadDawg
08-17-2014, 09:33 AM
Gotta love these threads since they are so productive. We will learn on Monday if this is true or not since that is when the media can talk to Dan. Until then, why speculate who it is especially if there is nothing to it. As I stated in a thread yesterday, please don't offer shit if you don't know shit. We are our own worst enemy at times. Man the football season can't get here soon enough.

thanks for putting everybody in their place. We needed your infinite wisdom **

MarketingBully01
08-17-2014, 09:40 AM
thanks for putting everybody in their place. We needed your infinite wisdom **

I'm not the one guessing it is Jake Thomas when you know absolutely nothing. What purpose does that serve but stir up crap for no reason? We will know if there are more injuries tomorrow when the press talks to Dan. This is the only site that is saying there were more injuries on Friday aside from Gabe Myles. A torn ACL or career ending injury to an OL would have leaked out to other sites by now. These threads do nothing but stir shit up and cause fans to panic when it is very possible these are just rumors and didn't happen.

Leroy Jenkins
08-17-2014, 09:46 AM
Gotta love these threads since they are so productive. We will learn on Monday if this is true or not since that is when the media can talk to Dan. Until then, why speculate who it is especially if there is nothing to it. As I stated in a thread yesterday, please don't offer shit if you don't know shit.

Why speculate...? How about why take the time to reply if, as you say, "there is nothing to it". Just keep scrolling and let it go.

Also, your "as I stated yesterday" line is a little self-righteous; are you the opinion police?

starkvegasdawg
08-17-2014, 09:47 AM
It's been rumored since last Friday an OL went down. The old saying about the presence of smoke and all.

GreenheadDawg
08-17-2014, 09:48 AM
I'm not the one guessing it is Jake Thomas when you know absolutely nothing. What purpose does that serve but stir up crap for no reason? We will know if there are more injuries tomorrow when the press talks to Dan. This is the only site that is saying there were more injuries on Friday aside from Gabe Myles. A torn ACL or career ending injury to an OL would have leaked out to other sites by now. These threads do nothing but stir shit up and cause fans to panic when it is very possible these are just rumors and didn't happen.

Yeh and I'm not the one that said it was a backup OT and it is career ending. Talk to coach about that. I just took a guess

Ifyouonlyknew
08-17-2014, 09:51 AM
It's true. I hate it for the young man bc you never want anyone to get hurt. With that being said he wasn't starting & truth be told his snaps would been very limited if any. Pray for a speedy recovery & let's move on.

CadaverDawg
08-17-2014, 10:04 AM
Glad C34 told me this is our best OL in history....otherwise I'd be worried.

MarketingBully01
08-17-2014, 10:08 AM
Yeh and I'm not the one that said it was a backup OT and it is career ending. Talk to coach about that. I just took a guess

He also made it pretty obvious who he was referring to and his initials weren't JT.

MarketingBully01
08-17-2014, 10:11 AM
It's true. I hate it for the young man bc you never want anyone to get hurt. With that being said he wasn't starting & truth be told his snaps would been very limited if any. Pray for a speedy recovery & let's move on.

Very bad to hear this. He was making strides on the OL too if it is who I think it is. I hope he applies for the medical redshirt. If he doesn't, I wish him well in his endeavors.

Coach34
08-17-2014, 10:19 AM
Wow, Danley just became a hell of a lot more important.

Why? Damien was a Se. His injury has no effect on the importance of Danley.

Coach34
08-17-2014, 10:21 AM
Glad C34 told me this is our best OL in history....otherwise I'd be worried.

Damien getting hurt makes our OL better because it takes him out of the mix. Now Hev is forced to play Senior or move Malone- instead of just trying to get by with Damien in the mix.

UMCDawg16
08-17-2014, 10:29 AM
So to be clear, we are saying that Robinson is the one injured? Not Thomas?

MarketingBully01
08-17-2014, 10:30 AM
So to be clear, we are saying that Robinson is the one injured? Not Thomas?

Correct, that is the rumor to be confirmed by Mullen tomorrow.

UMCDawg16
08-17-2014, 10:31 AM
Damien getting hurt makes our OL better because it takes him out of the mix. Now Hev is forced to play Senior or move Malone- instead of just trying to get by with Damien in the mix.

TBH, I've been thinking that starting Robinson would be a mistake for us. He's a senior and if he hasn't won the job by now, he has no business getting it. If the injury is true, I hate that for the young man though.

Bully13
08-17-2014, 10:41 AM

I don't like thinking any injury makes us better. even though we've seen stories of someone getting a chance to play when the guy ahead of him gets injured and the rest is history.

you'd like to think our coaches can figure it out without being forced into putting a 2nd teamer in who needs to be 1st team already. Dak being forced into the mix due to TR's injury last year worked out pretty well in the long run it appears. on another note, I find it dissapointing that 2 of Dan's highest rated Olinemen croots have not worked out as expected. DR and JT.

Tough Dawg
08-17-2014, 10:41 AM
Would this have anything to do with the media availability being cancelled yesterday?

TheRef
08-17-2014, 10:42 AM
Would this have anything to do with the media availability being cancelled yesterday?

Media availability was cancelled Friday afternoon before the injury. But who knows.

Tough Dawg
08-17-2014, 10:50 AM
Gotcha. I couldn't remember exactly which day. I still think it's been awfully quiet the past couple if days from MSU football.

AFDawg
08-17-2014, 10:58 AM

So if we speculate inaccurately will a non-injured player's feelings be hurt so badly that he won't be able to play?

Quaoarsking
08-17-2014, 11:00 AM
So will Robinson not apply for a medical redshirt?

I doubt he would play much in 2015 but he could provide some experienced depth...

msstate7
08-17-2014, 11:30 AM
So will Robinson not apply for a medical redshirt?

I doubt he would play much in 2015 but he could provide some experienced depth...

Would we allow it? What are our scholarship numbers?

CadaverDawg
08-17-2014, 11:32 AM
I don't like thinking any injury makes us better. even though we've seen stories of someone getting a chance to play when the guy ahead of him gets injured and the rest is history.

you'd like to think our coaches can figure it out without being forced into putting a 2nd teamer in who needs to be 1st team already. Dak being forced into the mix due to TR's injury last year worked out pretty well in the long run it appears. on another note, I find it dissapointing that 2 of Dan's highest rated Olinemen croots have not worked out as expected. DR and JT.

You talking about "Jake Thomas" when you say "JT"? Isn't it way early to say he hasn't worked out? Isn't he a Soph or a RFr?

Bully13
08-17-2014, 11:46 AM
You talking about "Jake Thomas" when you say "JT"? Isn't it way early to say he hasn't worked out? Isn't he a Soph or a RFr?

yes, Jake. I'm not sure how long he's been here, (too lazy to look it up right now) but it seems he was part of Dan's 2nd class and he was a 4*. just dissapointed we've not heard lots of good stuff on him yet. maybe he's been hurt. sure is time we start seeing more of him at this point in my opinion.

Dallas_Dawg
08-17-2014, 11:52 AM
yes, Jake. I'm not sure how long he's been here, (too lazy to look it up right now) but it seems he was part of Dan's 2nd class and he was a 4*. just dissapointed we've not heard lots of good stuff on him yet. maybe he's been hurt. sure is time we start seeing more of him at this point in my opinion.

Jake was a member of the 2013 class and is entering his second season on the team as a redshirt freshman. Way too early to tell if he will be a contributor. He hasn't taken a snap.

CadaverDawg
08-17-2014, 11:58 AM

Like I said, I'm glad our OL is so good that we can afford injuries like this. Best Evah

MarketingBully01
08-17-2014, 12:01 PM
So if we speculate inaccurately will a non-injured player's feelings be hurt so badly that he won't be able to play?

Nope, never said that but just taking a wild guess of who it is without knowing anything seems kind of counter productive especially when Coach was pretty specific on who he meant without naming who it was. This of course is not aimed at you specifically but you asked.

CadaverDawg
08-17-2014, 12:03 PM
Jake was a member of the 2013 class and is entering his second season on the team as a redshirt freshman. Way too early to tell if he will be a contributor. He hasn't taken a snap.

Thanks. We haven't even had a game since he was a redshirt and folks are writing him off, ha

Bully13
08-17-2014, 12:12 PM

got it. I jumped the gun on JT. didn't he have an injury early on too? anybody got any reports on his health? is he firmly in place at this point as a 2nd teamer?

dickiedawg
08-17-2014, 12:55 PM
I don't know whom you're thinking of but it's not Thomas. He's a RSFR.

HancockCountyDog
08-17-2014, 01:46 PM
Thanks. We haven't even had a game since he was a redshirt and folks are writing him off, ha

Personally I think some posts Should be deleted, saying that our team benefits from a senior tearing his ACL just seems in poor taste.

engie
08-17-2014, 02:14 PM
Personally I think some posts Should be deleted, saying that our team benefits from a senior tearing his ACL just seems in poor taste.

Agreed.

Our team did not benefit from this. While it may not have a dramatic impact, our safety net just got a whole heckuva lot smaller...

War Machine Dawg
08-17-2014, 02:14 PM

This. For the 18 millionth time, the best programs don't have OL as major contributors before their RS SO year. It's only the true freaks of nature that play earlier. It takes those guys that long to develop the necessary strength and technique to be able to go toe-to-toe with the grown men on the DL now. We've played younger guys more because we've had to. But labeling Thomas a bust before he's even taken a snap is ridiculous. Especially when you consider he's supposedly made tremendous strides since bowl practice.

War Machine Dawg
08-17-2014, 02:16 PM
Like I said, I'm glad our OL is so good that we can afford injuries like this. Best Evah

I've never seen C34 claim this year's OL would be our best ever. He HAS said that it would be solid and has enough depth to hold up. I agree with him on that analysis. But I'd say our best OL ever was either '98 or '00. Those two OLs were absolutely badass.

HancockCountyDog
08-17-2014, 03:01 PM
Agreed.

Our team did not benefit from this. While it may not have a dramatic impact, our safety net just got a whole heckuva lot smaller...

Unless Im mistaken, other than Clausell, Robinson is the only guy on our roster that has played snaps at OT in a SEC game. Did Senior even play last year at OT? I thought he might have, but I'm not sure. If not, then we don't have anyone besides Clausell that has played OT in a game.

Robinson wasn't great, but he was a solid swing tackle at worst. Now, we have Clausell and Senior at OT. Who else? Malone is a OG. We are an injury away from Cole Carter being a starter for us. Lets just hope this is just a rumor, I haven't seen any confirmation.

JDog13
08-17-2014, 03:31 PM

I hope Jake Thomas gets better. He wasn't credited for any allowed sacks last year, but he didn't record the first pancake block. Can you believe that?**

Ifyouonlyknew
08-17-2014, 03:41 PM
Unless Im mistaken, other than Clausell, Robinson is the only guy on our roster that has played snaps at OT in a SEC game. Did Senior even play last year at OT? I thought he might have, but I'm not sure. If not, then we don't have anyone besides Clausell that has played OT in a game.

Robinson wasn't great, but he was a solid swing tackle at worst. Now, we have Clausell and Senior at OT. Who else? Malone is a OG. We are an injury away from Cole Carter being a starter for us. Lets just hope this is just a rumor, I haven't seen any confirmation.

Senior played last year & actually started a game that Clausell missed due to injury. Senior prolly played more snaps last year than Robinson. Senior was going to be the starter regardless. The question is who do you feel more comfortable with as a backup Robinson or Carter/Warren.

Todd4State
08-17-2014, 03:43 PM
First of all, I hate to hear that a player is hurt. It certainly hurts our depth because Robinson has experience and he would have played some- likely in a reseve role.

That said, there is a silver lining.

I think it forces us to play what I feel is our best o-line group:

LT- Clausell
LG- Clayborn
C- Day
RG- Beckwith
RT- Malone

Now I say that, not having seen how Justin Senior is playing. From many accounts, he is performing well. That would give us another group that I would be fine with assuming the reports on Senior are true.

LT- Clausell
LG- Beckwith maybe Clayborn
C- Day
RG- Malone
RT- Senior

The other silver lining here is assuming Robinson takes a medical redshirt (too soon to know, and this is rumor so we don't 100% know that Robinson is hurt, although coming from Coach, I'm going to say it's 99% true) that would give us another veteran for next year. It also means more playing time for Senior and Rufus Warren who is going to need it. So for those worried about next year, we may see:

LT- Senior (who will have a year of starting experience)
LG- Clayborn if he's not at C
C- ???? Maybe Clayborn
RG- Malone
RT- Robinson

And sure there will be some battles, but that group is already looking less concerning to me than it did about a month ago. It also tells me that we may benefit more from getting a JUCO C than a JUCO G or T.

Goat Holder
08-17-2014, 04:28 PM

Don't go believing that silliness. Robinson sucked. I hate he got hurt but that don't change the truth.

Percho
08-17-2014, 04:40 PM
I guess we all, "suck," at some point in our life, That sucks.

Coach34
08-17-2014, 04:46 PM
Senior played more than Robinson last year and had already taken the job for this year. Nobody is glad Damien got hurt- but I stand by my statement that it could make us better because it could force Hev's hand with Malone

HancockCountyDog
08-17-2014, 04:51 PM
Don't go believing that silliness. Robinson sucked. I hate he got hurt but that don't change the truth.

Robinson played in every game last year. Senior didn't play against Upig or Bama. No one is saying he is good, but what Im saying is that he is better than several other OT's on our roster and was pre-August the 1st team starter. At worst he was the third best OT on the team. You think Cole Carter is better? Jake Thomas? Malone may be better, but he has only played at OG in his career. So before we keep celebrating losing crucial OL depth, we may want to take a damn breath.

Bully13
08-17-2014, 04:56 PM
I hope Jake Thomas gets better. He wasn't credited for any allowed sacks last year, but he didn't record the first pancake block. Can you believe that?**

Notice to all you asswipes...I said I jumped the gun....get over it

JDog13
08-17-2014, 05:00 PM
Notice to all you asswipes...I said I jumped the gun....get over it

I was actually joking with Cadaver bro. You never crossed my mind.

UMCDawg16
08-17-2014, 05:06 PM
For those of you who aren't on 24/7, the admins over there said that Robinson has been running with the 3s the past week or so, that Senior is with the 1s and Warren with the 2s. I hate that he got injured as much as anyone but this injury should have minimal impact on our RT position during the season.

Goat Holder
08-17-2014, 05:36 PM
Robinson played in every game last year. Senior didn't play against Upig or Bama. No one is saying he is good, but what Im saying is that he is better than several other OT's on our roster and was pre-August the 1st team starter. At worst he was the third best OT on the team. You think Cole Carter is better? Jake Thomas? Malone may be better, but he has only played at OG in his career. So before we keep celebrating losing crucial OL depth, we may want to take a damn breath.

Those guys honestly can't be any worse. Robinson looks like a 4 year old out there.

War Machine Dawg
08-17-2014, 05:36 PM
For those of you who aren't on 24/7, the admins over there said that Robinson has been running with the 3s the past week or so, that Senior is with the 1s and Warren with the 2s. I hate that he got injured as much as anyone but this injury should have minimal impact on our RT position during the season.

Ouch. Truth hurts, doesn't it? Hate that Robinson is hurt, but he's never been what I'd call a contributor. Now please God let Hev move Malone to OT where he belongs. Senior would be a badass as the swing OT this season. And it would let us ease him in as opposed to throwing him into the deep end and hoping he can swim.

War Machine Dawg
08-17-2014, 05:37 PM

Those guys honestly can't be any worse. Robinson looks like a 4 year old out there.

For once, you and I agree on something.

Coach34
08-17-2014, 06:13 PM

If Warren has gotten off his ass and decided to put his heart into playing OT- then we are good at RT with him and Senior.

Best OL since 2000 Cadaver

ShotgunDawg
08-17-2014, 06:18 PM
I feel awful for Damien, and appreciate him being a Bulldog, but, ultimately, I see this as possibly preventing Mullen from being able to pull a Ladarius Perkins/Josh Robinson thing like he did last year where he played the "hard working SR" over the more effective player.

Saltydog
08-17-2014, 06:23 PM
become a mediocre season.............

Coach34
08-17-2014, 06:35 PM
become a mediocre season.............

This injury in no way affects our top 8-9 linemen...so we are fine

The Croom Diaries
08-17-2014, 06:37 PM
Robinson played in every game last year. Senior didn't play against Upig or Bama.

Robinson gets credit for being in games because he's on the FG unit. That is his contribution to MSU. He is just not a football player. Nice guy, good teammate, not a ball player.

maroonmania
08-17-2014, 07:47 PM

They may not have been better last year because they were all somewhat young and inexperienced but THIS year with another year under their belt I would not be surprised at all if Carter, Thomas and Malone are all as good or better than Robinson. As a 5th year SR Robinson is what he is.

Coach34
08-17-2014, 07:52 PM
Robinson was shuttling between 2nd and 3rd team. He is at best our 5th OT. I've seen him during practice in person. There was no way he was gonna start this year no matter how good Pawwwwwl said he was doing at practice. aGAIN- it sux he got hurt- but his injury doesnt change anything about our OL that is going to play SEC games.

Reason2succeed
08-17-2014, 08:29 PM
Why are we talking down our own players? No matter where he is on the depth chart he is a Bulldawg. He's out in the heat and doing the work and is worthy of my support. Anyone that finds any pleasure in an injury is worse than a bear fan, you are a heartless ?!~>&$):(&

Coach34
08-17-2014, 08:34 PM
I havent seen anyone find pleasure in his injury.

Reason2succeed
08-17-2014, 08:46 PM
Talking about "silver linings" to an injury and adding literal insult to injury by commenting on how a player sucked or how bad that player was is classless. Period. If you can't see that then there's nothing I can say to help you. I've said my piece and I'm done.

Todd4State
08-17-2014, 10:33 PM
Talking about "silver linings" to an injury and adding literal insult to injury by commenting on how a player sucked or how bad that player was is classless. Period. If you can't see that then there's nothing I can say to help you. I've said my piece and I'm done.

I think you need to re-read my post. I'm assuming that you are referring to me since my post referred to silver linings. Especially since one of my silver linings was Robinson could potentially get a medical RS and COME BACK next year.

MarketingBully01
08-18-2014, 12:21 AM
I think you need to re-read my post. I'm assuming that you are referring to me since my post referred to silver linings. Especially since one of my silver linings was Robinson could potentially get a medical RS and COME BACK next year.

I don't think he is talking about you but this thread is on Ole Miss boards now as I have seen it on their boards. This board has a bulls eye on its back and anything Ole Miss can use from this board they will no matter what the context. No injury is good especially with the amount of work these guys put in. I hope Damien Robinson comes back and seeks his sixth year with a medical redshirt. I agree with Todd that this could be a silver lining as it would help us out next year. I wish him a speedy recovery and hope we see him play next year!

Coach34
08-18-2014, 08:17 AM
Analysts talk about how injuries affect teams all the time- this is no different

Reason2succeed
08-18-2014, 08:28 AM
Analysts talk about how injuries affect teams all the time- this is no different

Even analysts have more class than to talk about how a player sucked and won't matter after they are injured. Just shut the tread down. You've already heard that bear trolls are using this on their boards.

poposay
08-18-2014, 08:46 AM
Even analysts have more class than to talk about how a player sucked and won't matter after they are injured. Just shut the tread down. You've already heard that bear trolls are using this on their boards.

Shutting the thread down would be counterintuitive to the goal of getting hits on the page. Above all else, hits and ad revenue reign.

maroonmania
08-18-2014, 08:50 AM

The only person in this thread that I've read that has denigrated Robinson by saying he sucks is Goat Holder and he should definitely be called out on the carpet for that because its pathetic to run a guy down right after he supposedly has suffered a significant injury. The other opinions here have just been dissecting the overall impact on the play of our OL going forward (assuming DR is not available), some believing overall negative and some overall positive, and I don't really see any problem with that. Just because you believe this situation may force the play of guys you believe are more capable doesn't mean anyone is taking joy in an injury, that's ridiculous. Those last year who thought Dak was our best option at QB under Mullen certainly took no joy when Tyler got banged up.

UMCDawg16
08-18-2014, 09:24 AM
The only person in this thread that I've read that has denigrated Robinson by saying he sucks is Goat Holder and he should definitely be called out on the carpet for that because its pathetic to run a guy down right after he supposedly has suffered a significant injury. The other opinions here have just been dissecting the overall impact on the play of our OL going forward (assuming DR is not available), some believing overall negative and some overall positive, and I don't really see any problem with that. Just because you believe this situation may force the play of guys you believe are more capable doesn't mean anyone is taking joy in an injury, that's ridiculous. Those last year who thought Dak was our best option at QB under Mullen certainly took no joy when Tyler got banged up.

Right on.

Johnson85
08-18-2014, 09:29 AM
Ouch. Truth hurts, doesn't it? Hate that Robinson is hurt, but he's never been what I'd call a contributor. Now please God let Hev move Malone to OT where he belongs. Senior would be a badass as the swing OT this season. And it would let us ease him in as opposed to throwing him into the deep end and hoping he can swim.

A contributor is exactly what he's been. He has not been a world beater, but we've been better because of his contributions. He hansn't been a player where we've wondered why he was playing; we just haven't had good OT depth and he has filled a hole for us, and anybody outside the power5 would likely be thrilled to have him.

I hate it for him if he's going to be injured his senior season. I'm also guessing he won't come back for a 6th year; unless he has a grad degree he wants to work on and the numbers work out scholarship wise, it just doesn't seem like it makes sense to try to comeback from that injury for what will most likely be special teams work.

maroonmania
08-18-2014, 09:37 AM
A contributor is exactly what he's been. He has not been a world beater, but we've been better because of his contributions. He hansn't been a player where we've wondered why he was playing; we just haven't had good OT depth and he has filled a hole for us, and anybody outside the power5 would likely be thrilled to have him.

I hate it for him if he's going to be injured his senior season. I'm also guessing he won't come back for a 6th year; unless he has a grad degree he wants to work on and the numbers work out scholarship wise, it just doesn't seem like it makes sense to try to comeback from that injury for what will most likely be special teams work.

I tend to agree, would be nice if he did but if he feels he will only be a backup he may not be motivated to want to come back. On the other hand, he may enjoy being part of the team and want to play out his Senior year.

Nicky Santoro
08-18-2014, 09:38 AM
He is at best our 5th OT.

nt