PDA

View Full Version : Braves

msstate7
08-16-2014, 11:51 PM
I was at turner field tonight and I'm encouraged by how this team has played the last 2 nights. I'm not sure if we're back on track, but we're showing good signs.

Gosselin has been a welcomed addition to the lineup. He's hitting well and playing solid defense at 2b. I'd like to see him on one of the corners in outfield with jhey in cf soon.

Gattis is making much better contact. I'm glad I seem to have been wrong about him.

If minor gives us another good performance tomorrow, I think we're back in this. Really need minor though...

The a's and angels are now tied for 1st. Will BB's reputation take a huge hit if the a's lose this division?

Political Hack
08-17-2014, 07:35 AM
I don't see why he would. the fact they're in the running is proof that his style works.

Braves have given themselves quite the hole with this slump. Will need the Nats to go on a slump or the Braves will have to go on an big run like they did early in the year.

msstate7
08-17-2014, 07:39 AM
The wildcard is our most likely bet at this point. We do have 6 games left with the Nats and we seem to own them so I guess it's possible (very u likely IMO)

Smitty
08-17-2014, 07:57 AM
The a's and angels are now tied for 1st. Will BB's reputation take a huge hit if the a's lose this division?

They do have the 1st and 2nd best records in the game.

msstate7
08-17-2014, 08:20 AM
They do have the 1st and 2nd best records in the game.

Yep. A's had a 3-game lead when they traded for Lester.

If a's get in as wildcard, they could face King Felix (IMO it will be mariners).

Smitty
08-17-2014, 08:50 AM
Yep. A's had a 3-game lead when they traded for Lester.

If a's get in as wildcard, they could face King Felix (IMO it will be mariners).

Will be a very interesting final stretch with KC and SEA. Hopefully they have to play a playi-in game to reach the play-in game. The new format is light years better than the old 8 get in way. Cudos to Selig on that.

Tbonewannabe
08-17-2014, 09:27 AM
The important thing is Did you laugh as hard as I did at the streaker? Gosselin has looked great so far, I hope he keeps it up. Gattis was about 20 feet from 2 homeruns last night. He kills the ball when he hits it.

msstate7
08-17-2014, 10:00 AM
The important thing is Did you laugh as hard as I did at the streaker? Gosselin has looked great so far, I hope he keeps it up. Gattis was about 20 feet from 2 homeruns last night. He kills the ball when he hits it.

Yes. My wife was recording the chop and got it all on video

msstate7
08-17-2014, 10:05 PM
Huge sweep. Minor pitching well really makes this team better

trob115
08-17-2014, 10:35 PM
Yeah we have looked good this weekend. I still don't think we have enough to make a playoff push

Political Hack
08-18-2014, 06:30 AM
you beat that team and Minor beasts Lester, you've got enough to make the playoffs and win in the playoffs. need a little help for sure, but it's definitely possible.

msstate7
08-18-2014, 07:46 AM
The east race should be over. While I don't want the braves to just concede the division, but the wildcard is the most likely entrance to playoffs.

Down the stretch the braves and Nats play 6 games, so this has to favor the braves.

Nats play marlins 7 times, giants 3 times, mariners 2 times, and dodgers 3 times.

Braves have 7 games with pirates, 4 with reds, and 9 with the marlins.

(Both teams play more than this, but these are the contenders)

dawgs
08-18-2014, 10:52 AM

No. The angels have double the A's payroll.

msstate7
08-18-2014, 11:19 AM
No. The angels have double the A's payroll.

Yeah, but the a's had a 3 game lead. Now their offense is the problem and they traded a nice bat.

dawgs
08-18-2014, 12:42 PM
Yeah, but the a's had a 3 game lead. Now their offense is the problem and they traded a nice bat.

Slumps happen. Give it another 6 weeks before you make a final ruling.

msstate7
08-18-2014, 01:03 PM
Slumps happen. Give it another 6 weeks before you make a final ruling.

I agree. It was a hypothetical question.