PDA

View Full Version : Who cares about the Egg Bowl?

blacklistedbully
08-16-2014, 01:00 PM
So there's a debate going on as to whether or not MSU fans, in general, actually care more about winning the Egg Bowl than TSUN fans. Thus, we have this poll with the following choices. What sayeth the board?

blacklistedbully
08-16-2014, 01:06 PM
Ok, there's supposed to be a poll in conjunction with this post. Anybody have an idea why it didn't get included? My first attempt at one, so perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

TheRef
08-16-2014, 01:09 PM
Ok, there's supposed to be a poll in conjunction with this post. Anybody have an idea why it didn't get included? My first attempt at one, so perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

Did you click "Add Poll" at the bottom and include the number of choices? That should have brought you to another window where you actually fill out the poll information.

smootness
08-16-2014, 01:12 PM
I don't know why we bother discussing this. If we care the same, then we're better than them. If we care more, they're stupid, which makes us better than them.

4 out of 5, no matter who cares more. Don't fall into the trap of taking that assertion seriously.

blacklistedbully
08-16-2014, 01:13 PM
Did you click "Add Poll" at the bottom and include the number of choices? That should have brought you to another window where you actually fill out the poll information.

I did check the box for polls. Doesn't seem to have worked. Got some vbulletin message about "only being able to add up to 3 minutes" or something like that.

ShotgunDawg
08-16-2014, 01:15 PM
MSU and Ole Miss fans care about the Egg Bowl equally.

MSU players and Ole Miss players don't care about the Egg Bowl equally.

The reason for this is that MSU players are from Mississippi and Ole Miss players are not.

It's a simple issue that must be incredibly frustrating to Ole Miss fans. Their response to it is, LSU is our real rival.

Goat Holder
08-16-2014, 01:17 PM

The reason for this is that MSU players are from Mississippi and Ole Miss players are not.

It's a simple issue that must be incredibly frustrating to Ole Miss fans. Their response to it is, LSU is our real rival.

Their alumni base is trending that way too. It's a good and bad thing.

blacklistedbully
08-16-2014, 01:32 PM

Shotgun, TSUN's student body is nearly 40% out-of-state and increasing every year. This year their incoming freshman class actually has more oos than in-state. Are you sure the % of football players from out-of-state is greater than 40%, and if so, greater enough to support your theory?

Dawg61
08-16-2014, 01:34 PM
Blacklisted help me understand why this is so important to you or bothers you so much? MSU has more students. MSU has more alumni. MSU has more MS students. MSU has more students and alumni that follow sports. MSU is the more blue-collar university. UMiss calls themselves the Harvard of the South. It couldn't be more obvious that MSU cares more about football than UMiss does. I take pride in knowing that. I think you should too.

IMissJack
08-16-2014, 01:36 PM
In my opinion, MSU needs to get on the ball to recruit good out of state students (non football) to MSU. Mississippi does not produce enough college ready good students to support 3 20,000 student universities, and UM is way ahead of us in this area. They are all over TX students. LSU also is making a huge haul of students in TX. These are all good students that can't get into UT or A&M due to 10% rule.

blacklistedbully
08-16-2014, 01:40 PM
Blacklisted help me understand why this is so important to you or bothers you so much? MSU has more students. MSU has more alumni. MSU has more MS students. MSU has more students and alumni that follow sports. MSU is the more blue-collar university. UMiss calls themselves the Harvard of the South. It couldn't be more obvious that MSU cares more about football than UMiss does. I take pride in knowing that. I think you should too.

Why does something MSU-related on a MSU MB need to be, "so important" to warrant a thread on this board? Do you seriously think it is "so important or bothers me so much"? Dude, I figure most of us are on here, at least in part, because we're a little bored, and looking for interesting debate/discussion. Just how many of the threads on any sports-related message board are "ground-breaking" or "of significant import"?

This is no less and no more "important" than a whole host of threads on this or any board. The topic came up in another thread, with widely ranging opinions, so I thought it would be interesting to get a feel for what the board thinks. Why does this bother you so much?

starkvegasdawg
08-16-2014, 01:44 PM
To know how much they really care about the Egg Bowl just remember how they stormed the field after the last time they actually won.

Esmerelda Villalobos
08-16-2014, 01:48 PM
To know how much they really care about the Egg Bowl just remember how they stormed the field after the last time they actually won.

I cant remember back that far. Im getting older...

ShotgunDawg
08-16-2014, 01:48 PM

Exactly, the fans care just as much as us.

Esmerelda Villalobos
08-16-2014, 01:52 PM
Perceived arrogance is all they have.
We are more popular in state.
We have more students.
Higher graduate salaries.
Higher act scores.
Ranked higher as a university.
Have owned them in the modern era of the big 3.

Dont let an OM peasant talk shit to you. You are bigger, stronger, smarter and wealthier. Tell them to suck your rebel dick. They are insignificant everywhere but their own minds...where msu fans live rent free.

Dawg61
08-16-2014, 01:56 PM
Why does something MSU-related on a MSU MB need to be, "so important" to warrant a thread on this board? Do you seriously think it is "so important or bothers me so much"? Dude, I figure most of us are on here, at least in part, because we're a little bored, and looking for interesting debate/discussion. Just how many of the threads on any sports-related message board are "ground-breaking" or "of significant import"?

This is no less and no more "important" than a whole host of threads on this or any board. The topic came up in another thread, with widely ranging opinions, so I thought it would be interesting to get a feel for what the board thinks. Why does this bother you so much?

Do me a favor and type out the message that you want to hear from everyone and we all can then type out that message for you.

LC Dawg
08-16-2014, 02:18 PM

Exactly. And go back and check how they acted on social media after that win. They only don't care about the Egg Bowl when they lose it.

SDDawg
08-16-2014, 02:47 PM
If you don't win the Egg Bowl, you can't expect to win the SEC West. I care about it every year, and anyone with a brain does also.

dogshiek
08-16-2014, 02:53 PM
******Who cares??? Auburn is our REAL rival!*************

blacklistedbully
08-16-2014, 03:05 PM
Do me a favor and type out the message that you want to hear from everyone and we all can then type out that message for you.

WTF?? You're the one who doesn't seem to be able to accept opposing opinions. Do you even realize the hypocrisy in your post? Here's an idea for you; when you have an opposing opinion, try to use logic and reason to respond. If you can't "win" with that, don't be a wuss about it, totally ignoring and/or failing to respond to the points. Consider telling me just what points you don't agree with in my previous post, rather than offer up some childish bullshit about, "tell us what you want to hear so we can type it for you'.

Dawg61
08-16-2014, 03:17 PM
WTF?? You're the one who doesn't seem to be able to accept opposing opinions. Do you even realize the hypocrisy in your post? Here's an idea for you; when you have an opposing opinion, try to use logic and reason to respond. If you can't "win" with that, don't be a wuss about it, totally ignoring and/or failing to respond to the points. Consider telling me just what points you don't agree with in my previous post, rather than offer up some childish bullshit about, "tell us what you want to hear so we can type it for you'.

http://i.imgur.com/ML8MaQq.gif

Already did that in my previous five posts on this subject and yet you keep asking so you're obviously not getting the answer you want to hear

blacklistedbully
08-16-2014, 07:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ML8MaQq.gif

Already did that in my previous five posts on this subject and yet you keep asking so you're obviously not getting the answer you want to hear

Oh, so YOURS is the only opinion I should consider? Just because you post something five times that I don't agree with, that doesn't mean I should end discussion and consider the case closed. The fact is, you didn't make a good to convince me I'm wrong. The fact is there are at least as many that have posted here that feel the same way I do as there are who are opposed.

Why should debate or discussion end, because you have spoken and somehow feel you've provided "the answers"?

Goat Holder
08-16-2014, 07:54 PM
In my opinion, MSU needs to get on the ball to recruit good out of state students (non football) to MSU. Mississippi does not produce enough college ready good students to support 3 20,000 student universities, and UM is way ahead of us in this area. They are all over TX students. LSU also is making a huge haul of students in TX. These are all good students that can't get into UT or A&M due to 10% rule.

I agree, but I hope it's changing. MSU has been doing a good job recruiting in Memphis and Atlanta. I'd like to see more enrollees from Alabama and Louisiana.

blacklistedbully
08-16-2014, 08:11 PM
The only reason a Mississippi school should recruit out-of-state is to get more revenue per student.

Be very careful what you wish for. Out here in Cali, the UC system is completely screwing over in-state students precisely because they can get more money for out-of-state tuition, and aren't getting as much financial support from the state as they used to.

I am experiencing this first-hand with my oldest daughter, who graduated with High Honors from a private parochial school, had a 4.2 GPA, participated in varsity sports in softball, volleyball & basketball, was a member of the school orchestra, was Captain of her softball team, won numerous awards, including MVP, Most Inspirational, etc, yet got wait-listed at her top 2 choices in the UC system because they were, "impacted". They have been impacted in large part because they are taking WAY more out-of-state students than before, and they are doing that because they charge WAY, WAY, WAY more tuition.

Schultzy
08-16-2014, 08:32 PM
They can't get over the fact that we're a charter member of the SEC, it would be so much easier if we weren't. But we are and they can't get over it.
They care as much as anyone because it will always count in the conference standings whether they like it or not.

Hopefully they will continue to look down on us instead of taking us seriously.

Dawg61
08-16-2014, 09:44 PM
Oh, so YOURS is the only opinion I should consider? Just because you post something five times that I don't agree with, that doesn't mean I should end discussion and consider the case closed. The fact is, you didn't make a good to convince me I'm wrong. The fact is there are at least as many that have posted here that feel the same way I do as there are who are opposed.

Why should debate or discussion end, because you have spoken and somehow feel you've provided "the answers"?

I'm out. Have fun with this discussion.

http://cheaperthantherapy.me/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/done.gif

Liverpooldawg
08-16-2014, 10:01 PM
My take on this is ...Who cares WHAT they think. If we care more about it than them then that is a GREAT thing for us. I LOVE it that they spend energy denying that they care about the Egg Bowl. We love that game and naturally we do care about it. If they don't, then that is to our advantage.

SDDawg
08-16-2014, 10:40 PM
Perceived arrogance is all they have.
We are more popular in state.
We have more students.
Higher graduate salaries.
Higher act scores.
Ranked higher as a university.
Have owned them in the modern era of the big 3.

Dont let an OM peasant talk shit to you. You are bigger, stronger, smarter and wealthier. Tell them to suck your rebel dick. They are insignificant everywhere but their own minds...where msu fans live rent free.

Post of the year.