PDA

View Full Version : What non MSU FB Coach, SEC or not, do you pull for???

RougeDawg
08-16-2014, 03:37 AM
Mine has to be Mark Richt. The guy is nothing but class. He has had to deal with numerous years of being on the "hot seat", while still delivering a quality product on the field. The main reason I would like to see Richt win a National Championship, is what he does away from football. He and his family are very active in mission work all around the world. He and his wife also adopted two children from the Ukraine, during dire times over there. I urge all to go watch the ESPN special on this.

To me, the man is a great football coach, but an even greater human being. We need more people like him in this world. A prominent college football figure who is willing to make an impact away from the field.

Watching the SEC network replay of their win over LeSU last year, reminded me of the special I watched on Richt last year. He is a class act.

hacker
08-16-2014, 04:37 AM
too bad he can't win big in a state with a giant football population and no other in-state SEC rivals to recruit against

Reason2succeed
08-16-2014, 07:00 AM
Hudspeth at ULL for obvious reasons and pretty much every team when they are playing other Power 5 schools.

DownwardDawg
08-16-2014, 07:16 AM
Hud

MetEdDawg
08-16-2014, 07:58 AM
Mine are both from the state of Alabama. Lived here my entire life (only 4 years I didn't were my 4 in Starkville) and I root for a couple to do well:

- Any SEC coordinator that has come to UAB to try and turn them around. Lived in Bham almost my entire life so I was a big Callaway fan and a big McGee fan. Was really hoping one of them would make it there, but I will continue to support anyone that tries to lift UAB football out from under the tyranny of the University of Alabama.

- Joey Jones at USA. He coached at a high school in my area all while I was in high school (and well before I was in high school) and from all accounts is a good guy that's done the right things. Hope he goes 11-1 this year at USA.

msstate7
08-16-2014, 08:34 AM
Urban Meyer... I've found myself pulling for Osu

BulldogDX55
08-16-2014, 08:35 AM
The Pirate, Mike Leach.

I have always loved his attitude, strange sense of humor, and his offensive philosophy is fun to watch. He also guest starred in an episode of Friday Night Lights. Let's not get started on the whole Craig James at Texas Tech fiasco.

Goat Holder
08-16-2014, 08:53 AM
Spurrier, Leach, Rich Rod, Golden. Like it or not, I like Freeze too. Just can't pull for him, unfortunately.

Coach34
08-16-2014, 08:56 AM
Spurrier and Miles

Spurrier because he/was an innovator...Miles because he is an Idiot Savant

War Machine Dawg
08-16-2014, 09:23 AM
Gotta agree with you on Richt. UGA fans are crazy for wanting him fired.

I also like Spurrier. The dude is just hilarious and he's willing to put his ego aside to win.

Pollodawg
08-16-2014, 09:31 AM
Spurrier.

MaxedOutMaroon
08-16-2014, 09:32 AM
I know many people might disagree with me and call me a bandwagon rider, but I don't care. I really like Nick Saban. I just like his business presence and just seems to really know what he's talking about

DownwardDawg
08-16-2014, 09:33 AM
Spurrier and Chris Peterson

DownwardDawg
08-16-2014, 09:34 AM
I know many people might disagree with me and call me a bandwagon rider, but I don't care. I really like Nick Saban. I just like his business presence and just seems to really know what he's talking about

Nothing wrong with that. I like him too. He's the best college football coach in the country. One of the all-time best. Even if you don't like him, you have to respect him.

BeastMan
08-16-2014, 09:41 AM
Kliff Kingsbury
The Ole Ball Coach
Les Miles
Jim Mora

ETA- how in the world did this thread make it this long before Kingsbury??? I have no problem saving this thread fwiw.

State82
08-16-2014, 09:50 AM
Richt and Hud. Spurrier to a much lesser extent. And I used to despise him.

bluelightstar
08-16-2014, 09:55 AM
Saban and Meyer

smootness
08-16-2014, 10:31 AM
too bad he can't win big in a state with a giant football population and no other in-state SEC rivals to recruit against

He has won big. They've hit a bit of a lull recently, and he doesn't have a national title, but people always overrate how easy it should be to win at UGA.

Georgia will never be a state you can dominate in recruiting. There are just too many people from all over, too many fans of other schools, and too many other good options nearby.

I live in metro-Atlanta, and I'd say there are a good bit more non-UGA fans here than UGA fans. They don't recruit against Tech, they recruit against Auburn, Florida, Alabama, Florida State, Tennessee, and now even South Carolina.

I can't stand Kingsbury, fwiw.

Political Hack
08-16-2014, 10:40 AM
Richt, Spurrier and Miles are my favorites in the SEC.

love Hud. Have a soft spot for Chris Peterson as well.

Esmerelda Villalobos
08-16-2014, 11:16 AM
Leach
Spurrier
Myles
Mexico's soccer coach
Hud
Pederson
Franklin
Malzahn

Bully13
08-16-2014, 01:24 PM