PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I'll be the one to say it......

War Machine Dawg
08-15-2014, 06:43 PM
4 hours of PAWWWWWL on the SEC Network every day is going to get really old, really quickly. It's overkill for the brain dead sports fans.

Dawg61
08-15-2014, 06:44 PM
Glad I missed that douche today. I plan on missing him everyday forward. Can't stand him.

Coach34
08-15-2014, 06:48 PM
I got to see some of it. Holy shit those callers were awful. But it's great that they are all from Alabama- makes Mississippi look better

Pollodawg
08-15-2014, 06:53 PM
Paul himself isn't that terrible. It's the callers that make you lose faith in humanity. Some of these people......Yikes is all I can say.

Dawg61
08-15-2014, 06:54 PM
I got to see some of it. Holy shit those callers were awful. But it's great that they are all from Alabama- makes Mississippi look better

I get why SECN has him on but 4 hours 5 days a week. Come on that is terrible overkill. That can't last very long I hope.

Pollodawg
08-15-2014, 06:55 PM
But, no, I aint watchin four hours of it.

Bass Chaser
08-15-2014, 06:58 PM
I agree Paul isn't that bad but I can't stand most of the callers. How did they deem him "Voice of the SEC" when his radio show was all Aub/Al? I would rather listen to SVP & Rusillo but Paul's show cuts them off on 105.9.

ShotgunDawg
08-15-2014, 07:22 PM
I think the show will adjust as needed to be watchable. I wish the SEC Network would bounce to a different state's top ESPn radio talk show once a week.

Monday - Finbaum

Tuesday - Hebert in New Orleans

Wednesday - Bo Bounds in Mississippi

Thursday - Atlanta's top show

Friday - Florida, TN, etc

DawgSaint
08-15-2014, 07:44 PM
For whatever reason Slive has made it clear he wants Finebaum to be front and center. I'll admit I listen to the show on Sirius, but the show does not "carry over" well at all to TV.

Maroonthirteen
08-15-2014, 07:47 PM
I can't handle his radio show. But I must admit
Finbaum is adding better commentary and analysis on SEC Nation.

I seen it dawg
08-15-2014, 07:47 PM
Paul is just a dick with ears

Saltydog
08-15-2014, 08:11 PM
conference a bad rep.......Hell, it gives the whole south a bad rep......

thunderclap
08-15-2014, 08:12 PM
One of the best things about the SECN is that you can turn it off.

Dawg61
08-15-2014, 08:28 PM

Haha so true

Dallas_Dawg
08-15-2014, 09:40 PM
I think most of the callers are hilarious. Take them for what they are

War Machine Dawg
08-15-2014, 10:05 PM

http://i.imgur.com/2YJ5inX.gif

Obviously. Just pointing out the obvious that 4 hours of Finebaum and the state of Alabama trailer trash is overkill. You'd think they would find a radio show more representative of the SEC as a whole. Brando wouldn't have been a bad choice, honestly.

War Machine Dawg
08-15-2014, 10:06 PM
I think the show will adjust as needed to be watchable. I wish the SEC Network would bounce to a different state's top ESPn radio talk show once a week.

Monday - Finbaum

Tuesday - Hebert in New Orleans

Wednesday - Bo Bounds in Mississippi

Thursday - Atlanta's top show

Friday - Florida, TN, etc

This is a hell of an idea, Shotgun. That would be awesome and a great way of getting the perspective of each school/state on the air.

thunderclap
08-15-2014, 10:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/2YJ5inX.gif

Obviously. Just pointing out the obvious that 4 hours of Finebaum and the state of Alabama trailer trash is overkill. You'd think they would find a radio show more representative of the SEC as a whole. Brando wouldn't have been a bad choice, honestly.

Used to kill me with how his radio show claimed he was an "authority on the SEC" then they spend all day talking about Bama. Like they still do.

War Machine Dawg
08-15-2014, 10:19 PM
Used to kill me with how his radio show claimed he was an "authority on the SEC" then they spend all day talking about Bama. Like they still do.

Indeed. After 2 days, I'm afraid the "SEC Network" is really just going to be the SEC Big 7 Blow Job Network. And UK basketball. And UPig for some unknown reason. The small schools like us and Vandy are barely even getting mentioned. It sucks, especially when we're in line to have one of our best seasons ever. Also, look at all the analysts. Name one that didn't play at Bama, FL, or LSU. They should be getting analysts from all the schools, not just the Big 7.

ScoobaDawg
08-15-2014, 10:48 PM

DVR'd it and watched all 4 hours and tv added NOTHING to the show and never will again. there is absolutely no reason for Paul to be on for 4 hours. let alone in the afternoon.
Of course I cant stand stupid..and thats what the show lives on and preaches the SEC fanatics that the rest of the NCAA makes fun of.

BulldogBear
08-16-2014, 12:09 AM
This is what I meant when I asked if it was just me or if the programming is a little underwhelming. It'll get better though when smaller sports get cranked up and other specials get done and aired. Some of it's been fantastic. But it's either wreckers or checkers.

Dawg61
08-16-2014, 12:27 AM
This is what I meant when I asked if it was just me or if the programming is a little underwhelming. It'll get better though when smaller sports get cranked up and other specials get done and aired. Some of it's been fantastic. But it's either wreckers or checkers.

It's an ESPN product. Every sports network ESPN has is half awesome and half shit. I haven't watched regular ESPN during the day (except Gameday) for years. Maybe a few of the shows are ok but for the most part they are just drama television with a sports theme. Dan LeBatard show is funny but that's about it.

War Machine Dawg
08-16-2014, 12:35 AM
It's an ESPN product. Every sports network ESPN has is half awesome and half shit. I haven't watched regular ESPN during the day (except Gameday) for years. Maybe a few of the shows are ok but for the most part they are just drama television with a sports theme. Dan LeBatard show is funny but that's about it.

PTI was good when it was Kornheiser & Wilbon. Now they're rarely both on together. But generally, you're right. Unless it's live sports, I almost never watch ESPN anymore. But to be fair, their 30 for 30 series is damn good.

ShotgunDawg
08-16-2014, 12:49 AM
The SEC Network should become much better once school is in session. There's only so much a college sports network can do in the summer.

drunkernhelldawg
08-16-2014, 01:41 AM
It's great to have the SEC network, but I don't think many people will watch it more than a few hours a week, except games featuring their team.

Dawg61
08-16-2014, 02:47 AM
PTI was good when it was Kornheiser & Wilbon. Now they're rarely both on together. But generally, you're right. Unless it's live sports, I almost never watch ESPN anymore. But to be fair, their 30 for 30 series is damn good.

30 for 30 and any ESPN movie or special they do/make are always top-notch. I wish they would do more of this. It's the creating of news that drives me away from watching. Stuff like spending an entire month talking about LeBron or a month talking about the former Clippers owner or a month talking about Riley Cooper or a month talking about Michael Sam or a month talking about Incognito and on and on and on…they talk a topic to death then wait a few days and find a way to revive the dead story and talk about it for another month. And they strive for the most controversial of topics to focus on. Gay rights. Racial issues. Troubled high profile athletes. ESPN is evil. They insist all their sportscasters analyze and talk up sensitive subjects all day long and then as soon as they step too far they are quick to immediately suspend them.

hacker
08-16-2014, 04:50 AM
when Finebaum said the 4 team playoff should consist of 4 SEC teams and Tebow fist bumped him, I kinda was feeling it

BulldogBear
08-16-2014, 07:49 PM
30 for 30 and any ESPN movie or special they do/make are always top-notch. I wish they would do more of this. It's the creating of news that drives me away from watching. Stuff like spending an entire month talking about LeBron or a month talking about the former Clippers owner or a month talking about Riley Cooper or a month talking about Michael Sam or a month talking about Incognito and on and on and on…they talk a topic to death then wait a few days and find a way to revive the dead story and talk about it for another month. And they strive for the most controversial of topics to focus on. Gay rights. Racial issues. Troubled high profile athletes. ESPN is evil. They insist all their sportscasters analyze and talk up sensitive subjects all day long and then as soon as they step too far they are quick to immediately suspend them.

This ^

...there is a lot of potential though. I would sooner watch a SEC volleyball game than a lot of the junk shows. Also, I'm hoping we'll get lots of cool inside stuff, history, traditions, etc.

War Machine Dawg
08-17-2014, 12:48 AM
This ^

...there is a lot of potential though. I would sooner watch a SEC volleyball game that a lot of the junk shows. Also, I'm hoping we'll get lots of cool inside stuff, history, traditions, etc.

I'm assuming there will be more of that as time goes on. And like I said before, I expect there to be some turnover as far as the hosts go. Just hope they do a better job of hiring analysts that didn't play at one of the Big 7. Also, where is David Pollock? Seems like it would've been a no brainer to move him over to the SECN at get him more air time. He's right there with Jesse Palmer, so far as I'm concerned.

Dawg61
08-17-2014, 01:21 AM
Pollack is big time now. He's on the Thursday Night ESPN game and College Gameday. He'll stay on the flagship ESPN. I am digging these Classic College Football games they've been showing. SEC teams in big time bowl games. It's nice watching the most recent stars of the SEC playing in those games again. They are excellent quality too. I'd like it if they would hire all the guys that have been covering the CSS, local CBS crew, FSN, FSS etc.. crews. I like Dave Neal, other Dave, Andre Ware etc… the guys that have been covering the SEC for forever should grow with the conference too imo. They have way more knowledge about the SEC schools and relate well with the fans.

Jack Lambert
08-17-2014, 08:37 AM
For whatever reason Slive has made it clear he wants Finebaum to be front and center. I'll admit I listen to the show on Sirius, but the show does not "carry over" well at all to TV.

Paul is one ugly SOB.

Dawgface
08-17-2014, 08:47 AM
when Finebaum said the 4 team playoff should consist of 4 SEC teams and Tebow fist bumped him, I kinda was feeling it

I watched a preseason show with Tim Brando yesterday and he predicted the SEC will have zero in the playoffs. Said the best teams will have 2 losses and that won't do the job. I think he had UCLA, OU, FSU and Mich St in it. Oh well......the master has spoken so no need to watch this year.

hells bells
08-17-2014, 10:06 AM
4 hours of PAWWWWWL on the SEC Network every day is going to get really old, really quickly. It's overkill for the brain dead sports fans.

Rarely listen, the callers are complete fools. If you have that much time to call in you either, do not have a job or 10 minute oil change business is very slow. One of these days Paul can have Saban's wife on and they can talk about what it feels like to have Nick's balls bounce off there chin.

ckDOG
08-17-2014, 10:19 AM
Pawwwwwwl is to SEC radio land (now TV) as C34 was to SPS. They both threw some bait and let the moron contingent of their audience fight it out. It makes for great entertainment for those that can watch from a distance and let the magic happen.